Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Warren Bussett

Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    Anyone who knows anything about the Great Depression knows there were riots other than the food riots. In fact, most are less likely to realize there were food riots. Since you were the one who brought up the Great Depression, I assumed you weren't completely and utterly ignorant of the topic. Are you saying this was a mistake? Are we supposed to provide a secondary school primer for you because your high school history was apparently lacking in this?
    Just back up your assertions. If it's so easy, you should have no problem.

Of course i've noticed you aren't claiming they also attacked people solely on the basis of race as is being done in Philly. Or showed examples of them stealing designer clothes and shoes, or luxury items.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post

Of course i've noticed you aren't claiming they also attacked people solely on the basis of race as is being done in Philly. Or showed examples of them stealing designer clothes and shoes, or luxury items.
    How would you discern Jim Crow era attacks on blacks before and after the depression from ones during the depression in order to make such an assertion?

You don't come equiped to a debate, and it does not become the other guy's responsibility to inform you.

Google it, Birther Blue.

Would you like it if I called you a child molester and when you asked me to back it up I said, "It's not exactly necessary. It's as obvious as Rip Taylor's coming out party. You must have been shocked to find out Liberace was queer." Would you like that?
    If I spent my first months on the forum sharing links on why teen pageant stars are HOT, I'd be asking for it, wouldn't I?

Since I didn't do that, I live in a great place of peace, my young Birther friend.

How would you discern Jim Crow era attacks on blacks before and after the depression from ones during the depression in order to make such an assertion?
    We are discussing what happened DURING the Depression.

Don't move the goalposts.

Google it, Birther Blue.
    Whatever Chester the Molester.

If I spent my first months on the forum sharing links on why teen pageant stars are HOT, I'd be asking for it, wouldn't I?

Since I didn't do that, I live in a great place of peace, my young Birther friend.
    I didn't say the community organizer wasn't born here.

So since those are the standards YOU set, i'll just keep calling you names that fit you under YOUR standards. Or you can stop, and I will too. Or you can prove I said it and I'll apologize to you and have to take my medicine.

We are discussing what happened DURING the Depression.

Don't move the goalposts.
    So, Jim Crow laws and attacks on blacks stopped during the Depression?

I didn't say the community organizer wasn't born here.

So since those are the standards YOU set, i'll just keep calling you names that fit you under YOUR standards. Or you can stop, and I will too. Or you can prove I said it and I'll apologize to you and have to take my medicine.
    Let's see who would win this exchange. Since the standard I set was, for you to call me a molester, I would have to have spent months on here posting links suggesting teen pageant girls are hot, this presumes that, for me to call you a birther, you would have to have spent months posting links suggesting that Obama was not born here.

I win! Birther!

So, Jim Crow laws and attacks on blacks stopped during the Depression?
    Where is the "facepalm" icon when you need it?

Let's see who would win this exchange. Since the standard I set was, for you to call me a molester, I would have to have spent months on here posting links suggesting teen pageant girls are hot, this presumes that, for me to call you a birther, you would have to have spent months posting links suggesting that Obama was not born here.
    Well I've presented as many links of you saying you like little kids as you've presented of me saying the community organizer wasn't born here.

He really doesn't need to back up his assertions regarding there being other forms of rioting. I've already done that, which you would know if you had taken the time to read the links I posted in the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    Unemployment during our Great Depression was alot higher than it is now and you didn't see Americans rioting, looting, assaulting innocent bystanders, and burning down parts of the cities during that entire time.
    There were riots, as even a cursory Google search would show.

http://www.cleveland.com/recession/i...ot_of_193.html

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexpe...ails-timeline/

Assault, looting, rioting, no arson though.

February 1931

"Food riots" begin to break out in parts of the U.S. In Minneapolis, several hundred men and women smash the windows of a grocery market and make off with fruit, canned goods, bacon, and ham. One of the store's owners pulls out a gun to stop the looters, but is leapt upon and has his arm broken. The "riot" is brought under control by 100 policemen. Seven people are arrested.

Resentment of "foreign" workers increases along with unemployment rolls. In Los Angeles, California, Mexican Americans are accused of stealing jobs from "real" Americans. During the month, 6,024 Mexican Americans are deported.
    http://museumca.org/picturethis/time...lle-riots/info

http://www.economicpopulist.org/cont...s-and-new-deal

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...ptly0mmiq8WcDg

Whoops...there is the arson.

While the majority of Whatcom families managed to cope with the Depression hardships, some were not so fortunate. Driven by desperation, a number of people turned to stealing. More often than not, these burglars stole small amounts of cash but paid for it with jail time. One drug store bandit was so desperate that he held the owner at gun point for twenty-seven dollars.[22] Another money-yielding crime was arson. An arson gang set fire to several properties in an attempt to benefit from false insurance claims, though they were caught and imprisoned.[23] Even though many did not turn to crime, the stress of constant economic hardship manifested itself in other ways, as some couples found themselves looking for a divorce. Legal fees and supporting two families proved very expensive however, so a number of frustrated and hopeless men simply walked out on their families without officially getting a divorce. National reports showed that by 1940, 1.5 million married women had been abandoned by their husbands.[24]
    From the very first link I posted:

Cleveland eviction riot of 1933 bears similarities to current woes
    If one insists on proof, one is obligated to read said proof before making a fool of oneself by insisting said proof was not offered.
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

Perhaps you can take a lesson from The Duke.

Here is what I said in regards to the "birther" issue:

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    I'll say this on the topic--At first, I figured the people saying he wasn't born here were the typical wingnuts who see conspiracies on every corner. Then I looked at evidence, I actually took the time to research what they saying, rather than be like you and label them and write them off. They have some relevant points. For example, he went by another last name. His father was not a citizen. His early education took place overseas. His wife's quote. The fact he has not released his birth certificate. There is a good bit of evidence here. Is it enough to sway me? Not yet, but I am really starting to wonder if indeed on this subject, where there is smoke there is fire. But right now, I still can't say they have proven he wasn't born here.
    See, nowhere did I say he wasn't born here, or that I believed he wasn't born here.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    If one insists on proof, one is obligated to read said proof before making a fool of oneself by insisting said proof was not offered.
    Where are the examples of people stealing designer shoes, clothes, and luxury/electronic items? Where are the examples of EVERY assault being committed by one race on another as is the case in Philly?

I've repeatedly asked for that and not gotten it. Of course you've somehow found it in your posts, but I don't see it. Can you highlight those parts for me please?

Here is what I said in regards to the "birther" issue:

See, nowhere did I say he wasn't born here, or that I believed he wasn't born here.
    Yes, passive aggresiveness prevents actually stating your stance as a birther, I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by R_C
    Cleveland eviction riot of 1933 bears similarities to current woes
    Are you saying the riots in Britain and/or Philly are over people being evicted?

Yes, passive aggresiveness prevents actually stating your stance as a birther, I understand.
    No, the fact that I said "I still cant say" does.

I say what I mean, anyone on here knows that. I don't *****foot around things, I'm very upfront.