Thread: What should u do while digesting?

What should u do while digesting?

When you eat, like a whole bunch(or anything)...whats the best thing to do while digesting? Sit? Stand? Lay down? Walk? Jog? Run? Sprint? what?
    "True victory is giving all of yourself without regret"-Ryu (SF Alpha3)

"U don't wait -- if u feel it's going 2 go violent ... strike ... strike often ... strike till he drops ... can always apologize later if u were wrong."-Ginger Fist

you should throw up right after eating so you don't get fat and waste a bunch of time doing that digressing stuff.
    where's my beer?

What should you do while digesting?

Digest
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

relax, have a seat, read a book, doze a little.

When your belly is full, a lot of your blood is in it aiding the digestion of the food consumed.
    Exercise or rigourous activity is not recommended.

peace
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Thanx Kung Lek, doze a little? Doesn't sleeping make the sugars turn to fat? or carbs
    "True victory is giving all of yourself without regret"-Ryu (SF Alpha3)

"U don't wait -- if u feel it's going 2 go violent ... strike ... strike often ... strike till he drops ... can always apologize later if u were wrong."-Ginger Fist

I've always been told not to sleep right after eating, as the metabolism slows down, slowing digestion,increasing the chances of food being stored as fat.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I think sprints are the way to go, that or maybe 500 mountain climbers.

Hi

I was taught either to relax or to go for a slow comfortable walk.

The chances of sugars being stored as fat have far more to do with their Glycemic Index Rating than with post-meal metabolic rate. GIR is a measure of how quickly the given sugar is metabolized. Simply put, those which are metabolized quickest are most likely to be stored as fat, as they more strongly trigger the insulin reaction. Although there are a few surprises in the index, generally the simpler the sugar, the faster it will burn. Table sugar burns much faster than legumes or most grains, for example.

The other major factor in determining fat storage is the person's resting metabolic rate. A person who regularly engages in strenuous exercise, particularly where resistance is involved, will have a "faster-running engine", so to speak, and will burn off a lot more calories just sitting there or even napping than someone who's resting metabolic rate is slower. That said, it should be noted that the process of digestion itself raises the metabolic rate temporarily, but that a casually-paced 5-minute walk just after the meal will also extend the period of this raised rate and will also help to expel gas trapped while eating, making the "full" feeling less uncomfortable. 5 minutes is generally plenty though...any more and you draw blood away from the stomach, making digestion both slower and less complete.

Eating

Chinese Medicine is quite clear on this, and like most in China its very beneficial to have a little rest after a meal. By the way Kung Lek, the Chinese frown on reading during meals. C.Medicine says that impairs the Spleen's function it initiating digesting as it ascends too much energy upwards to the brain for ceberal activity and thus detracts from the spleens transformational and transportational functions. They also say that no emotions should be imbalanced and at most only some general conversation and no heavy issues to be engaged in.

feels good if you sit around for like 15 mins then go for a walk
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Sit down and post some crap on kung fu online
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

That, I always does
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Repulsive Monkey, the suggestion to read was regarding the digestion process after the meal and not during.

peace
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Formula for a healthy stomach:

For men:
    1. Eat, the more the better.
    2. Immediately after finishing your last bite, drink one gallon of water.
    3. Immediately jump up and down as high as you can 50 times.
    4. Without resting, go over to a wall (for assistance) and do a handstand.
    5. Once in the handstand position, hyperventilate as fast as you can.
    6. After 3 minutes of hyperventilating, stand back up and spin around clockwise or counterclockwise as fast as you can for 3 minutes.
    7. Now the important part, to help digestion, have a parter hit you in the stomach with a golf club 7 times.
    8. Be very careful with this formula, as repeated performance will cause you to put on tons of muscle and have very little body fat. Also, being hit with the golf clubs causes definition in your abs, which will already be very visible due to the low bodyfat this formula causes. Watch out, after only 2 days you may look like Arnold Schwarzenegger. It is not uncommon to have your bench press and squat increase by 700lbs after only one performance of these instructions.
    9. Enjoy.

For women:
    1. Don't eat much, lest you put on fat and become unattractive to men.
    2. Immediately after eating, run to the nearest toilet and puke as much as you can. Remember, the more food that enters your stomach, the fatter you will get.
    3. After you're done puking, get on a tredmill and run 600 miles to burn off any calories that were accidently absorbed by your stomach. You wouldn't want to store them as fat, would you?
    4. After running 600 miles, go take some diet pills and diuretics so you don't get fat.
    5. Enjoy looking like a skeleton. Remember, men like girls who are all boney and look like little malnurished boys.

Iron

PS. btw, I was kidding.
    PPS. To all the impressionable girls here, seriously, I was kidding. Don't do this.
    Last edited by IronFist; 01-21-2002 at 03:19 PM.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.