Quote Originally Posted by Dark Chi View Post
Hi Mr Duke
Never heard of Sei moon baat gwa from CLC (I've heard of San mun ken(hak ga)but that was dropped from the main core of PM.

Sei moon= 4 doors to you maybe
san mun = close door to me
somehow the translation is lost or evolved either way im not familiar.

Baat gwa(bat ga ken?)I think there is definate confusion here.
we have ma pu(horse stand/walk),tih pu(straight walk),gui pui tui(nine step push,sip bat mor(18 demons),mang fu chut lim(fierce tiger exits the forest) and umm mor(5 elements)
I believe the confusion lies that the 5 elements are infact lost no one ever achieved this,and this form was to be said by CLC as similar to what we know is Bak gua(not a form at all)
bat ga ken is the same a bak gua(bak gua is cantonese and bat ga ken is hak ga)

I dont know but yours seems to be the juk lim(formly of tong long not direct from PM) although I've not seen how you hold your elbows and fist. Only your strike.

sorry I cant go into lineages as I am bound even now.

thanks for reading
I disagree.
Sei Moon Baat Gwa is definitely part of the curriculum. It was Som Moon Baat gwa that was added by some other lineages.
The CLC Pak Mei Saying written by CLC is "四門八掛(勢)細如風" Sei Moon Baat Gwa Sai Yu Fung. Which means the four schools combine to create a momentum like small wind.
Ng Hang and Ng Hang Mor is the closed door forms, which deal with the concept of elements.

Do not confuse with Gwa's in Taiji. Very very different.

Forms: Jik Bo, Gau Bo tui, Sup Baat Mor Kiu (which does not mean demons,but merely rubbing/adhering), Mang Fu Chuet Lam, Som Moon Chui, Sei Moon Baat Gwa, Sup Gee Kau Da, Dai Sup Gee "Sek Si Kuen", Ying Jow Nim Kiu, Gum Gong Kuen, Ng Hang Kuen, Dei Saat Kuen, Ng Hang Mor. These are all the hand forms.