Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sheriff In Town...

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    I think the problem with this forum as well as any internet forum is a lot of these topics are very debatable and very close to home for many, and the fact that what kind of context the person says or does something cannot be relayed well over a forum.

That being said, being argumentative is human nature. People ask "why come to a TCMA forum and bash on TCMA", which is a legitimate question. However, all things must be questioned at some point otherwise what you get is people following a grounded dogma of stagnant and most often useless belief and notions.

Some people do not like forms, some people do.

Some say grappling is not important, some believe Shuai Jiao should be a part of every CMA, some believe cross training is the answer to grappling holes.

Some put down Kung Fu and say is sucks and doesn't fight, some practice Kung Fu and fight very well.

The problem is there are no definitive truths and never will be about this subject. It is simply to broad of an area to make sweeping generalizations. About styles, cultures, people, fighters, training methods, ect, ect.

As a Kung Fu practioner and instructor I do not like hearing the constant bashing of TCMA, but at the same time, I sure as hell don't follow stagnant dogma because a wise old man with a cool looking beard told me so. Have faith in yourself and your art and that in the end is all you truly need.
    That's deep. Word.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

The post may have been a bit over the top but I won't take it back. I even felt like a bit of a fraud going back in and editing out the single word that I did. Basically I'm not gonna stand in a room while someone stands out the front and says 'you're all a bunch of pussies' and not do/say something about it. I don't buy that 'it's only the internet' thing. You say that you only say things here that you would say face to face and in that case I take offence at your disrespect and I find your lack of humility shameful. How do you want people to react to you when you say you'll run up in any school and beat everyone’s head in? (which you have in the past). I've dedicated my whole life to martial arts and I've shed tears on the ground in front of the ashes of my teacher so I don't take these things lightly. You're p.issing on a cultural treasure of far more value than any single individual, not critiquing a football game. You frequently insinuate that everyone out here is a gutless, clueless idiot and I'm not having it.

As far as my record, I'm not keen to participate in an ego battle so I'm not gonna record it here, but suffice to say that I fought over a 12 year period with my first fully sanctioned kickboxing bout in 1988. My point is that there are people on here who’s records and achievements significantly dwarf both of ours and there are literally thousands world wide in the same boat. Your world view seems to be a bit like the frog in the well (which is a surprise to me as you seem very well traveled). There are a great number of people from a kung fu background out there in the world heavily involved in both combat and combat sports. For example, many of the pioneers of combat sports such as kickboxing and Muay Thai in the West came from a CMA background, where they were already fighting full-contact at an international level since the 1970's. There are currently people from CMA background fighting in all rule-sets internationally, including in MMA. As an example - I know a German practitioner who has not only fought and won in MMA but is also now fighting with the Dog Brothers using traditional Chinese weapons with great success (however you will not hear him blowing his own horn, in fact he has asked me in the past not to promote his victories because he doesn’t want to look like a big head). Another brother held the European submission grappling title, while another coaches national level MMA champions and a professional European champion. The list goes on - and I won't even try to speak for the status in America.

It's great that you've fought; I've stated that in the past. But in my opinion whatever you have achieved is negated by your bragging and boasting and constant belittling of others. Maybe It would go down a bit easier if your win:loss ratio was reversed. You’re probably a good man in person but you come off as a self obsessed, disrespectful brat on here. If you have any love in your heart for Chinese martial arts you’ll do something to fix the perceived problems rather than continually pointing them out in what appears to be solely an attempt to express your own superiority.

BT

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    These motherfu(kers don't have to change and can do what they want. But they aint going to use words to destroy what I have sweated and bled for.
    Exactly...

ray pina: "i hate kung fu. kung fu sucks. dont get me wrong though, i love kung fu."

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Blog Entries
    ray pina: "i hate kung fu. kung fu sucks. dont get me wrong though, i love kung fu. i also love chinese culture. guangdong girl 16 year old i can buy for 60 bucks."
    So in other words Ray Pina loves Chinese Chicken?
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

what kind of a man says he loves chinese culture, then say chinese people sell their teenage daughters for 50 bucks?

a fukin queer, thats what.
    Last edited by bawang; 09-20-2011 at 06:11 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Blog Entries
    what kind of a man says he loves chinese culture, then say chinese people sell their teenage daughters for 50 bucks?
    Some people do have superiority complexes. just sayin. I truly have no respect for anyone who steals from the Chinese Culture then spits on them like dogs.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by B.Tunks View Post
    Basically I'm not gonna stand in a room while someone stands out the front and says 'you're all a bunch of pussies' and not do/say something about it. I don't buy that 'it's only the internet' thing. You say that you only say things here that you would say face to face and in that case I take offence at your disrespect and I find your lack of humility shameful.
    BT
    Sir, I have been attacked here personally, just as you say above. My record, if you include BJJ tournaments, is waaaaay tipped on the winning side. My overall MMA record now is pretty much even. I wish it was tipped waaaay over on the winning side too Overall, I entered the sport in my 30s. Didn't start fighting out until I was in my 30s. I met my master a little late and didn't wake up to MMA until having a few fights.

With that said, if a sifu degrades me and I know where his gym is, yes, I will offer that man a chance to back up his lofty claims. I don't look so much into it. You say you're better at chess than me, let's play. It's no big deal. I don't get all excited about it.

As for this long list of 2 or 3 TCMAers that you say are a success in MMA. Well, let's say they are and are listed as "Kung Fu" under their fighting style.... in the entire universe of TCMA people here digging really deep into the video archive to find anyone they can put forth as a true TCMAer capable of competing in the MMA venue.... I can pull as many from a single gym I train at. You don't get a cookie as a martial artist for being good with your hands. It's what you're supposed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    ray pina: "i hate kung fu. kung fu sucks. dont get me wrong though, i love kung fu."
    Let's say at the very least I suck. I studied Kung Fu for over 10 years and I went out to fight and I failed miserably. Let's keep it at that.

Who's fault is that?

The fact that besides a small handful of San Da fighters here, no one, including teachers making a living from Kung Fu, have even gone out to try. Who's fault is that?

If Kung Fu sucks, it's not because of me. It's because of you. What have you done to raise the bar? If you love Kung Fu so much, do something about it.

I don't stay in a bad relationship that's not working out. If you love it so much, treat it with the respect others treat their MA. Bring it to life.

The fact that besides a small handful of San Da fighters here, no one, including teachers making a living from Kung Fu, have even gone out to try.
    Granted, the majority of Chinese schools around here cling to the San Da format, but only in their own tournaments. Most of them won't fight in a sactioned match, even in San Da format.

But you just aren't correct on this.

Besides Onassis Parungao (Hung Gar) , who fought in UFC 7, and besides Sean Obasi (Wing Chun), and besides almost every Chinese fighter on the Art of War cards, there are guys fighting on small- and mid-level cards all over the place. Hell, even Shaolin-Do has been putting guys in the cage sometimes.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Granted, the majority of Chinese schools around here cling to the San Da format, but only in their own tournaments. Most of them won't fight in a sactioned match, even in San Da format.

But you just aren't correct on this.

Besides Onassis Parungao (Hung Gar) , who fought in UFC 7, and besides Sean Obasi (Wing Chun), and besides almost every Chinese fighter on the Art of War cards, there are guys fighting on small- and mid-level cards all over the place. Hell, even Shaolin-Do has been putting guys in the cage sometimes.
    I'm not aware of Art of War.... where and what is this?

Not surprised by Shaolin-Do. Out on Long Island their was Tiger Schulman. Total McDojo. But when I left NY, they had MMA fighters too. Say what you will about them, they adapt to the times. I don't personally consider either of them TCMA.

In my eyes there's a small handful of people like the Gin Foon Marks, the Norman and Milton Chins, the Frank Yees.... Chinese Americans with lineage to Chinese boxing systems. These people need to pick up their game. These other strip mall Kung Fu masters in middle America. I know they're too dangerous to compete against..... step.

I'm not aware of Art of War.... where and what is this?
    http://www.artofwarfc.cn/?q=fighter

The Art of War™ Fighting Championship is China's first professional freestyle kung fu tournament—an exciting series of mixed martial arts matches between opponents representing every fighting style the martial arts has to offer. Nearly every major fighting style in existence originated or has been refined within China's borders. During ancient times, it was common to find challenges between various schools in a test to see which style would reign supreme. Emphasizing skill, strength, and strategy, the Art of War™ tournament celebrates the highest aspects of the martial arts and creates a modern platform for an ancient Chinese tradition extending back thousands of years.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 09-21-2011 at 07:09 AM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I've gotta check that out!!! Hopefully they're not all just doing kickboxing, you know? Hopefully you can actually tell what styles they're from by how they fight!
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Art of war has some exciting fights. They also allowkick on downed opponent...whats that other one....is it legends, the one that wizcoolc's shuai jiao coach or what not just took his divisions title. I forget where he made that thread maybe mma section
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Watching some video and interviews.... I keep hearing Mixed Martial Arts. I haven't heard the words Hung Gar, Wing CHun, Mantis, Taiji or Kung Fu yet.

ANyone have some direct links to a Hung Gar, Wing Chun, Mantis, or internal fighter, etc. participating in this?