Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Sil Lim Tau Applications?

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    **** and I thought I had you guys ....oh well, back to the drawing board.
    <<<<<sarcasm>>>>>>.......****!!! me too. oh well the joke nearly worked.

Better tell Sifu that we couldn't pull the wool over the eyes of these intelligent guys!

GH

Quote Originally Posted by WC1277 View Post
    Good thing I'm no Sifu then, just a man trying to participate in an online forum. You're knocking them out of the park, aren't you?
    If you were I'm glad I'm not your student. There is already enough rubbish WC without spawning more.

You seem to have picked up what somebody thinks it is and converted his ideas into your own. But credit where credit is due, you have definitely thought about this and in all fairness it is an okay 'little idea' of yours.
    if they were to make a paradis version of the history of Wing Chun you would definately be the star or the fight choreographer. lmao

G

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Uh oh! Phil has fallen into the video footage trap again! Doh.

In order to understand why Phil you have to look a little further than YouTube. I asked the same questions when I first joined the VTKFAE. The answers are not difficult when you speak to people that were taught by and knew the man personally and yes I do think that "chit sau" is not for escaping wrist grabs but obvioulsy traditionally it is........

GH
    So are you one of the guys I referred to as thinking they have the "REAL" WC with ALL the knowledge while they rest of the world is clueless?
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Uh oh! Phil has fallen into the video footage trap again! Doh. . . . . .GH
    That video footage of clear and there is lots more. Plus WSL was my Sifus Si-Hing. They hung out together way before you even knew who he was. Those clips confirm what my Sifu says about the forms, techniques, etc. Also, you seem to be implying that what Si-Bak WSL was doing/explaining in those videos was incorrect information. I don't think so. He clearly shows techniques that are in SLT. He clearly shows one of the chit sao apps. Anyone with a logical mind can see that. Denial is a bad thing.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    So are you one of the guys I referred to as thinking they have the "REAL" WC with ALL the knowledge while they rest of the world is clueless?
    When did I ever say I have the "real" wing chun? Is there such a thing? My thinking is totally different to yours and just because you have been around a while you think I have to give you some sort of respect and take your word for it do you? No way Batman!

I know stories about Cheung. Maybe they are just stories but it was only the other day I was talking to somebody that has left, along with 300 of his students, Cheung's organization and when I asked him why he said that William Cheung is a liar and a cheat. You want to know where they are now?

BTW I never said you were clueless! Just that your Wing Chun is wristy and sticky and everything goes in the opposite direction than me. Conceptually I think you are wrong but as a fighter I would not and could not possibly have an opinion.

GH

That video footage of clear and there is lots more. Plus WSL was my Sifus Si-Hing. They hung out together way before you even knew who he was. Those clips confirm what my Sifu says about the forms, techniques, etc. Also, you seem to be implying that what Si-Bak WSL was doing/explaining in those videos was incorrect information. I don't think so. He clearly shows techniques that are in SLT. He clearly shows one of the chit sao apps. Anyone with a logical mind can see that. Denial is a bad thing.
    Its video footage ffs! If WSL and Willam Cheung were so close then your ideas would be simular to PB's would they not?

All those clips are doing is twisting your melon man!

I also never said he was doing anything incorrect so stop trying to put words in my mouth!

Logical minds that don't pay any attention to video footage and photgraphs. What catergory does that put you in?

You can't see the forest for the trees is your problem!

GH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjiJxiWe9e0

..............................really?

GH

When did I ever say I have the "real" wing chun? Is there such a thing? My thinking is totally different to yours and just because you have been around a while you think I have to give you some sort of respect and take your word for it do you? No way Batman!

I know stories about Cheung. Maybe they are just stories but it was only the other day I was talking to somebody that has left, along with 300 of his students, Cheung's organization and when I asked him why he said that William Cheung is a liar and a cheat. You want to know where they are now?

BTW I never said you were clueless! Just that your Wing Chun is wristy and sticky and everything goes in the opposite direction than me. Conceptually I think you are wrong but as a fighter I would not and could not possibly have an opinion.

GH
    Who said anything about you taking my word for anything. It just that you come off as if you are correct and others are wrong. You don't see me posting that my WC is better than yours or anyone else's. I know guys outside TWC that can throw down. Also, letters between WSL and Wm Cheung convey what I posted about them being close. WSL even brought Wm. Cheung and his brother King Kong to Yip Man. Also, what someone told you about Wm. Cheung has nothing to do with the topic. Cheap shots don't become you. But your comment does reveal what kind of man you are.
    Last edited by Phil Redmond; 11-03-2011 at 11:50 AM.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

omt Graham, our WC is closer to WSL's than you know. But obviously you don't.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjiJxiWe9e0

..............................really?

GH
    Yes really.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Uh oh! Phil has fallen into the video footage trap again! Doh.

In order to understand why Phil you have to look a little further than YouTube. I asked the same questions when I first joined the VTKFAE. The answers are not difficult when you speak to people that were taught by and knew the man personally and yes I do think that "chit sau" is not for escaping wrist grabs but obvioulsy traditionally it is........

GH
    yOU HAVE ALOT TO SAY...CARE TO SHARE APPLICATIONS FROM SIL LIM TAU?

SHARE WHAT YOUR SIFU TAUGHT YOU OR WHAT YOU LEARN FROM FIGHTING?
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    yOU HAVE ALOT TO SAY...CARE TO SHARE APPLICATIONS FROM SIL LIM TAU?

SHARE WHAT YOUR SIFU TAUGHT YOU OR WHAT YOU LEARN FROM FIGHTING?
    I'm working on that DVD as we speak. I don't mind sharing.
    The secret is. . . .TA DA !! There is no secret. Hard, diligent training works though.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

I'm working on that DVD as we speak. I don't mind sharing.
    The secret is. . . .TA DA !! There is no secret. Hard, diligent training works though.
    thats so true...daily diligent training is the key!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Can any one share their views on the applications of Sil Lim Tao?

I would love to hear from you guys some of Applications of SLT you learned or discovered.
    I am not sure if there are applications per se in SLT. But if you find that your techniques are not working you can always return to SLT. A former teacher, a TWC guy, used to always return you to SLT if you messed up a technique. He would stop you and then make you assume YJKYM and do whatever technique you messed up. I have always returned to his example in everything. In practicing even when I am not doing SLT actually , I am doing SLT mentally.