Thread: technique or attributes

technique or attributes

do you think technique or attribute's win a fight? i know the answer do you?
    sincerly, eddie

both. technique being equal, attributes will push the victor. attributes being relatively equal, technique will prevail. this is outside the realms of other deciding factors, such as heart, experience, etc.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

attributes

my thoughts exactly, although i have seen street fights won with pure attributes and heart over a better skilled person. just my thoughts, what does everyone else think??
    sincerly, eddie

Blog Entries
    1. Courage,
    2. Power,
    3. Kung Fu.

cool

1. Courage,
    2. Power,
    3. Kung Fu.

i love it awesome lol
    sincerly, eddie

pysched

i guess you could be pysched out also, intimidation when i lived in the projects was a big thing, lots of fights won and lost without throwing a punch
    sincerly, eddie

one of the best fighters i ever knew personally (not sport, but he fought ALL the time..bars, parties, street, just life) was not trained at all. but he was very strong and not afraid of anyone or any group of people. he was just a logger who really liked to fight. all courage, power, and experience, with self defined/developed skill.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    one of the best fighters i ever knew personally (not sport, but he fought ALL the time..bars, parties, street, just life) was not trained at all. but he was very strong and not afraid of anyone or any group of people. he was just a logger who really liked to fight. all courage, power, and experience, with self defined/developed skill.
    Guys like that are just scary. I've known more than a few of them (almost was one) and like I said when they get in that mode - straight scary.
    "The ultimate nature of survival is maintaining your balance"

Quote Originally Posted by deejaye72 View Post
    my thoughts exactly, although i have seen street fights won with pure attributes and heart over a better skilled person. just my thoughts, what does everyone else think??
    Physical prowess is always worth a lot in a fight. Martial art skills will only get you so far in life. It is designed to help give one a little edge against greater physical prowess. How well you apply it will depend on how well you have learned it. Just being trained in some form of fighting does not insure you will win fights. It can help you win, and it might even save your life, but it will still only take you so far. If two individuals, both equal in physical ability get into a fight, the odds will go with the individual that has some serious fight training. Otherwise it is going to be a toss up. Now, that is not to say the lesser fighter can not get in a lucky shot. It happens a lot. And there are going to be times if you fight a lot that all your training simply isn't going to be enough.
    Jackie Lee