Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not WC

Quote Originally Posted by RWilson View Post
    You do not need an extensive background in anything to comment. Just look up wc on YouTube. Then look up sc on YouTube. SC training will make you strong and be able to kick a$$ because you are learning how to wrestle. Chi Sao is fake wanna be Wrestlkng that does not accomplish any goal accept to keep people in their safe comfort zones.

Joy,
    Little old Yip Man never needed to worry about bigger people because he would use Chinese mind voo doo to trick challengers and students into chi saoing with him instead of actually trying to hurt him. Using the wc rolling platform allows you an easier time to deal with incoming force becaUse force can only be directed in certain ways.

You always talk about how much crap wc there is on YouTube. Put up clips of the real wc. Actually, for anyone complaining of crap on YouTube put up the real deal or shut it. "I know there is crappy Kung ffu video representation, and I know the real deal, but I will not put up the secret stuff either"

Why? Because it is bullsh!t.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    you are welcome to your pronouncements!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    you are welcome to your pronouncements!!
    I do not need you to tell me that it is ok to have my own views but thanks anyway.

If you really really had the real deal wc you would have a video of yourself against someone actually trying to hit you in sparring.

You are more of a historian than anything. You like to propagate that what you and your club do is hardcore real wc but...you have no arguments to prove it.

"Different chi saos teach you how to fight.". You make comments like this but the truth is is that chi Sao is just a drill meant to be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by RWilson View Post
    I do not need you to tell me that it is ok to have my own views but thanks anyway.

If you really really had the real deal wc you would have a video of yourself against someone actually trying to hit you in sparring.

You are more of a historian than anything. You like to propagate that what you and your club do is hardcore real wc but...you have no arguments to prove it.

"Different chi saos teach you how to fight.". You make comments like this but the truth is is that chi Sao is just a drill meant to be forgotten.
    Joy is an older gentleman. He has boxing experience for what I remember but he's not going to be competing just like no former fighter won't be competing after a certain age. No, there won't be vids of Joy because everyone didn't have video camera like they do know. There are no vids of my fights either for the same reason. But if you're ever in NYC we DO have Wing Chun fighters that love mixing it up full contact. If you're ever willing to compete in one of our events please contact me at:
    sifu@wckwoon.com Also, I have clips of some of our WC fighters on my two youtube channels.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifupr
    http://www.youtube.com/user/wckwoon
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

the wing chun mindset is that the outsider is not fully human, is inferior. if you dont train wing chun you are missing something, you dont "understand".
    Last edited by bawang; 11-13-2011 at 09:32 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    the wing chun mindset is that the outsider is not fully human, is inferior. if you dont train wing chun you are missing something, you dont "understand".
    That's too funny. Any martial artist that thinks he/she has the "holy grail" to martial arts is delusional. You've been talking to the wrong WC guys. I never think that way.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Here's a little history on Joy:
    http://www.tempewingchun.com/teaching.html
    I was right about his boxing skills.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

RWilson , why may i ask are you always so bitter towards others? I find your posts usually negiative and sarcastic towards people , just curious with 81 posts here your reasoning for not contributing positivilty?

QUOTE]I do not need you to tell me that it is ok to have my own views but thanks anyway.[/QUOTE]

What drills that you learn should be forgotten? NONE, IMHO use them for what they are or do to help you, but I would not ever imply that listening or sticking should ever be forgotten, on the contrary listeing skills on a touching level i.e phsyical are some the highest skills set to have, if you can move with instinct from feeling or "YI" instead of reacting to the reaction you are far higher level martail artist.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    RWilson , why may i ask are you always so bitter towards others? I find your posts usually negiative and sarcastic towards people , just curious with 81 posts here your reasoning for not contributing positivilty? . . .
    And of course he does it anonymously.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by RenDaHai View Post
    Practical Wushu was banned between 1949 and 1972.
    rendahai, interesting factoid. had always thought the greatest period of martial arts suppression in china was during the cultural revolution from 1966 to 1976. why particularly the period 1949 to 1972? (just know 1949 was the start of the people's republic)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    Joy is an older gentleman. He has boxing experience for what I remember but he's not going to be competing just like no former fighter won't be competing after a certain age. No, there won't be vids of Joy because everyone didn't have video camera like they do know. There are no vids of my fights either for the same reason. But if you're ever in NYC we DO have Wing Chun fighters that love mixing it up full contact. If you're ever willing to compete in one of our events please contact me at:
    sifu@wckwoon.com Also, I have clips of some of our WC fighters on my two youtube channels.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifupr
    http://www.youtube.com/user/wckwoon
    I know he is an old guy. I am not asking to see his fights. Any time someone says something bad about wc like youknowwho did, he tries to discredit them by saying they do not have the experience to have an opinion. He has been doing wc for ljng enough to know the real deal right? Is chi Sao the real deal wc training? Does he have any proof that his opinion is any better than ykw?

All things are just tools you use to develop yourself, don't dwell on the tools, just like you would not honor the tools you used to build a house, or the boat to cross the river.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    Here's a little history on Joy:
    http://www.tempewingchun.com/teaching.html
    I was right about his boxing skills.
    -
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thanks
    Phil--my posts are not about me. But- not just boxing, I have fought on the street in two countries-
    and defended myself in violent riots in one of them. And, I don't just do chi sao-though chi sao is
    a very important part of wc training- when done well, And wing chun has helped me in dangerous
    situations all the way. I do not look down on other martial arts-I have taken instruction in several others. I am interested in martial motion and sports- have a long time interest in martial motion.
    But in my evolution wing chun became my main art and it provides a looking glass for me to see
    what else is going on in martial arts or sports- anywhere.

Wing chun is quite anti-intuitive and there is no substitute for good instruction.It's not JKD or JKD-ish

I am not a regular in the general forum and the wing chun forum is loaded with non- wing chun folks
    but I drop in on discussions from time to time. I posted on this thread because there seemed to be some uninformed wing chun bashing, As for R Wilson and some other uncivil comments-as a wing chun person I don;t chase hands or them!! I am not in their line of attack- so why bother.
    I think that if we discuss rather than just be attack oriented we learn more.

BTW- the flight of some good kung fu people on the mainland began even before the Cultural revolution...because some of them were branded as Kuomintang folks. Ip man for instance when he escaped to Macao was one step ahead of administrators of the new regime in China
    and their reps in Fatshan.
    Sure China is a huge country- but it's repressions were huge as well. Without Ip Man's journey- there is a good chance that other forms of wing chun would have disappeared from public attention.So cheers and bye for now.

joy chaudhuri

shifu Phil,
    and of course he does it anonymously

one would be folish to expect anything else>

All things are just tools you use to develop yourself, don't dwell on the tools, just like you would not honor the tools you used to build a house, or the boat to cross the river.
    depends on who you ask? someimes a tool is the way to eat, feed yourself, cloth yoursefl etc etc. why no honnor them and the use they provide you?
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Forget about WC just practice my new art i created...

ChainPunchFace Violently!!!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

In my opinion WC is an excellent style when done correctly and taught correctly but like any style also has some limitations as well.

In order to be a true MA one must learn all styles and then go beyond them.
    then one realizes where they came from and how we got here to begin with and that is all by imagination. These concepts have been around for eons and were passed down to us through our ancient ancestors who was ( and still are) fierce fighters. It all has to do with spirit.

I think any style can benefit from learning from others and absorbing what is useful
    as our old friend Bruce Lee taught us.

RIP BRUCE and YIP MAN.

Jah Guide