Thread: Ng chan wing chun

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    One good wu sao (IM)and one lousy one.
    why is it bad iyo ?

a good wu sao

ki ping pun

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    why is it bad iyo ?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Structure!!!

Short clips

I RECEIVED A LOT OF PM ASKING TO ILLUSTRATE THE BASIC OF CHAM QU ,I POSTED A SOFT AND SIMPLE CLIP OF THIS MOTION

PLUS ILLUSTRATIONS ,HITTING THE DUMMY

http://www.youtube.com/user/moshe2801

YOU CAN COMPARE WITH THE YIP MAN CLIP,
    Last edited by MOSHE; 11-30-2011 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHE View Post
    I RECEIVED A LOT OF PM ASKING TO ILLUSTRATE THE BASIC OF CHAM QU ,I POSTED A SOFT AND SIMPLE CLIP OF THIS MOTION

PLUS ILLUSTRATIONS ,HITTING THE DUMMY

http://www.youtube.com/user/moshe2801

YOU CAN COMPARE WITH THE YIP MAN CLIP,
    Looking at Vertical axis line, you shift it a lot....?

Yes, Moshe, you seem to do your shifting the Leung Ting way....leaving the vertical axis in order to have circa 100% of your weight on one foot. I'm sure you have your reasons for doing this, but have you tested this out in a real time sparring situation?
    My experience with people that have tried this type of shifting in sparring is that, well, it doesn't work. It's too slow and leaves you at a big disadvantage for following up with counter attacks.

Also, your movements are (in my opinion) very mechanical and stiff. Training this way will not help you to gain the flexibility you need to change in a dynamic situation like a fight.

Respect for sharing, though. Un grand merci.

Moshe- I too thank you for taking the time to share the mini videos. Your axis does shift because of your weight distribution. And their appears to be some stiffness. Ip man stayed 50/50 and had a stable axis. In the snip that You show- he a was already quite old and his back was bent from age-
    but the axis was there. Thanks again for sharing,

joy

looking at vertical axis line, you shift it a lot....?
    100 on the back leg implied that and its not a default ,

this way ,you are still facing the situation ,and you arms in front of you are not limited in reaction because weight on the front leg

if i stay middle axe ,i use a masculine stance which implied a negative musculary use of the arms

to resume with the two next posts

TO SEAN

but have you tested this out in a real time sparring situation?
    My experience with people that have tried this type of shifting in sparring is that, well, it doesn't work. It's too slow and leaves you at a big disadvantage for following up with counter attacks.

ITS CERTAINLY NOT SO EASY FOR PEOPLE TO EXTRAPOLATE ABOUT A WAY THEY DIDNT SEE BEFORE
    YOU HAVE TO DO ABSTRACTION OF OUR OCCIDENTAL WAY TO CONSIDER FIGHTING ,BECAUSE WE ARE CONDITIONATED TO A KIND OF KICK BOXING VERSION

THE ONLY GOAL OF WING CHUN WAS TO KILL PEOPLE AND EVERYTHING WAS BUILT FOR THIS PURPOSE

SO YES THE STANCE ALLOW A VERY QUICK STEPPING AND NOT ONLY .
    WHEN YOU MOVE YOU HAVE STILL AN ARM AND A LEG READY TO HIT

Also, your movements are (in my opinion) very mechanical and stiff. Training this way will not help you to gain the flexibility you need to change in a dynamic situation like a fight

ITS AN OPTIC IMPRESSION BECAUSE THE POINT IS THAT YOUR WHOLE BODY SHOULD MOVE WITH UNITY
    SO MY UPPER BODY IS RELAX ,ONLY POWER ON THE PART WHICH WILL BE INVOLVED IN CONTACT
    MY LOWER BODY GIVE THE DIRECTION

REMEMBER WHAT I WAS WRITING ABOUT WSL CHAM QU , ITS WAY IS NOT ENOUGH DIRECT ,LOOK THE BON SAO MOVE

YOU HAVE TO SEE YOU BODY LIKE A COLLECTION OF POINTS AND WHEN YOU MOVE ALL THESE POINTS HAVE TO GO REGARDING A STRAIGHT LINE TO THEIR FINAL LOCATION

TO RESUME WITH NEXT POST
    Last edited by MOSHE; 12-01-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    Moshe- I too thank you for taking the time to share the mini videos. Your axis does shift because of your weight distribution. joy
    YES...........

Ip man stayed 50/50 and had a stable axis. In the snip that You show- he a was already quite old and his back was bent from age-

NO AND FOR SURE, THE 100 BACK LEG IS A VERY DIFFICULT STANCE AND MOST OF HIS STUDENTS DIDNT UNDERSTOOD IT AND COULDNT PERFOMED IT
    SO THEY HAD TOCOMPENSATE ,AND TAUGHT THEIR OWN MISUNDERSTOOD

WHO EVER DOEST WANT TO UNDERSTAND THAT THEIR IS ONLY ONE WAY FOR THE WING CHUN STANCE AND STEPPING DONT WANT TO RECOGNIZE THAT THIS REFLECT THE WOMAN STANCE OF WING CHUN AND IS THEREFORE AWAY FROM THE ORIGINAL

but the axis was there.

EVEN OLD ,HIS HABIT WAS THERE AND HE COULD NOT HIDE IT,HE HAD STILL HIS BRAIN TO MODIFY ON PURPOSE THE ARMS MOVEMENTS

TO ADD ANSWERING THE QUESTION OF KEVIN AS WELL,WHAT IS THE AXE ?

ITS A VERTICALE LINE GOING THROUGH THE BACK BRAIN ,THE BUTTOCK ,THE HEEL
    THAT WHAT IS PROVIDING BALANCE

YOUR AXE DEFINITION IS TOO MUCH REFEFRING TO THE GUY IN FRONT OF YOU

ALWAYS VERY HAPPY TO SHARE WITH THOSE WHO LIKE WING CHUN

REGARDS
    Last edited by MOSHE; 12-01-2011 at 12:40 AM.

YES...........

Ip man stayed 50/50 and had a stable axis. In the snip that You show- he a was already quite old and his back was bent from age-

NO AND FOR SURE, THE 100 BACK LEG IS A VERY DIFFICULT STANCE AND MOST OF HIS STUDENTS DIDNT UNDERSTOOD IT AND COULDNT PERFOMED IT
    SO THEY HAD TOCOMPENSATE ,AND TAUGHT THEIR OWN MISUNDERSTOOD

WHO EVER DOEST WANT TO UNDERSTAND THAT THEIR IS ONLY ONE WAY FOR THE WING CHUN STANCE AND STEPPING DONT WANT TO RECOGNIZE THAT THIS REFLECT THE WOMAN STANCE OF WING CHUN AND IS THEREFORE AWAY FROM THE ORIGINAL

but the axis was there.

EVEN OLD ,HIS HABIT WAS THERE AND HE COULD NOT HIDE IT,HE HAD STILL HIS BRAIN TO MODIFY ON PURPOSE THE ARMS MOVEMENTS

TO ADD ANSWERING THE QUESTION OF KEVIN AS WELL,WHAT IS THE AXE ?

ITS A VERTICALE LINE GOING THROUGH THE BACK BRAIN ,THE BUTTOCK ,THE HEEL
    THAT WHAT IS PROVIDING BALANCE

YOUR AXE DEFINITION IS TOO MUCH REFEFRING TO THE GUY IN FRONT OF YOU

ALWAYS VERY HAPPY TO SHARE WITH THOSE WHO LIKE WING CHUN

REGARDS
    We need to see more action Moshe please, posing and standing can only give so much information, perhaps if we can see some exchanges between partners and your execution of techniques in real time it might help us more ?
    Thanks

we need to see more action moshe please, posing and standing can only give so much information, perhaps if we can see some exchanges between partners and your execution of techniques in real time it might help us more ?
    Thanks
    i go step by step ,the difficulty in the way we are practising is that 80 per cent is in the precise strength we provide with the the forearm ,and this is not visual ,omly the opponent feels it

you saw a little of the way to hit the dummy ,so we dont need a lot of space to enter .all is very direct and not so visual

i go step by step ,the difficulty in the way we are practising is that 80 per cent is in the precise strength we provide with the the forearm ,and this is not visual ,omly the opponent feels it

you saw a little of the way to hit the dummy ,so we dont need a lot of space to enter .all is very direct and not so visual
    Granted but actions can give a better indication of whole approach you're espousing.
    IOW from no contact to engaging a person coming at you...with various lines of force. Your pre-engagement positions, stances...
    Last edited by k gledhill; 12-02-2011 at 07:11 AM.

Reference to the Ip Man and Bruce Lee picture.

A picture is worth a thousand words, the snap shot you posted may show or represent good and bad stances at that particular time frame to you. Don't assume that's what the story line is. You do know what ASSUME means?

Try translate what they were doing from words into live motion, that good/bad stance you spoke about is but an flick in transition - an bad example to use IMHO.

This post is close to having a THOUSAND hits, is there a point to be made? It's about time to put it out to pasture already ......

Quote Originally Posted by wtxs View Post
    Reference to the Ip Man and Bruce Lee picture.

Try translate what they were doing from words into live motion, that good/bad stance you spoke about is but an flick in transition - an bad example to use IMHO.

((A pic has it's ;imits but it stimulated some discussion on stnce and wu sau))

This post is close to having a THOUSAND hits, is there a point to be made? It's about time to put it out to pasture already ......
    ((The the thread gave an opportunity to discuss some details on differences in approcahes to wing chun. The thread that needlessly does on is about a snip - a non event from a seminar.))

Two questions for Moshe- in your videos-

1. Why in the chum kiu turn to wu and bong does your bong palm seem to flip upwards?

2. Why do your and your sifus fingers in wu curl in a bit ?

IM's pic that you posted his bong fingers straight loose and in straight alignment with his his bridge and the fingers in his wu are straight up.

Of course there are differences but it is good to compare and contrast in a non offensive fraternal way.