Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: End a Fight Quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Jesus not another mike Tyson is wing chun thread, please he has never trained the three forms, never touched a dummy in his life and doesn’t know one end of a pole from another…and yet is brought up again and again as how wing chun should look in a fight, maybe if all the wing chun guys dropped the forms and the dummy and started hitting the pads and heavy bag they to would be able to do wing chun properly like mike does

As for the actual original question its retarded all arts look to finish the opponent as quickly as possible, its why boxers trained the one two hoping to drop the guy with a hard right, its why Thai guys train hard elbows and knees in small combinations, to drop the guys so quickly he cant do anything to you, and why wrestlers train the blast double to drop you on your head, the thing is when the opponent is actually fighting back and not just standing there being a training dummy, when he is full of adrenaline and is used to taking hard shots its simply fecking hard to actually do
    I actually agree with you but only in the idea that fighters in general, as all martial artists should, train to end it asap. However, my point was that there are some who want to put on a show, or even to score points (ie play it safe) rather than just go in guns blazing.

Maybe that's their way of "ending it fast". I mean, how fast should fast be?

If fast is 'as soon as you can' then they're "ending it fast".
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Fa Xing View Post
    I actually agree with you but only in the idea that fighters in general, as all martial artists should, train to end it asap. However, my point was that there are some who want to put on a show, or even to score points (ie play it safe) rather than just go in guns blazing.
    That's because a one size fits all approach to fighting is not a very good or smart one. In a sporting event it is to win the match using the rules.

For example Mike Tyson was a swarmer, unless you are a stronger, faster, more aggressive swarmer you would be a fool to fight him like that. Mike Tyson shared a very similar style to Joe Frazier. Joe could take your head off with one punch. But, he had trouble with boxers like Ali and lots of problems with big strong power punchers like Foreman. Again, one size fits all, doesn't.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    In Wing Chun the motive is to end a fight quickly!

Your not standing taking blow for blow, no feinting or trying to constantly evade your opponent by moving out of distance...

You instantly go in an attack first, hard and fast until the opponent is no more!!!

Are their any other combat or martial arts systems with the same principle in mind?

If so what are they and their methodolgy!?
    Great Grandmaster James Lacy says that the Asian master who took him on as a closed door disciple told him if you can't end a fight in 4 moves, you and your opponent should both dedicate yourselves to something else....

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    Great Grandmaster James Lacy says that the Asian master who took him on as a closed door disciple told him if you can't end a fight in 4 moves, you and your opponent should both dedicate yourselves to something else....
    Well that's a stupid expression. We can't do it in four moves so we might as well give up?

And what, he knows better 'cause he's Asian?

'could' finish people in one move, as long as they just stand there and let you.

the issue is when you have two competent fighters going at each other, it is either going to end very quickly, or it will be prolonged.

you could have the two very best fighters in the world fight each other, and there would be a pretty good chance that fight is going to go the distance.

by that mindset the best fighters in the world should change professions...
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadderz View Post
    Well that's a stupid expression. We can't do it in four moves so we might as well give up?

And what, he knows better 'cause he's Asian?
    I am incensed that you dare question the authority of Great Grandmaster James P Lacey and his Asian master! I demand that you apologize immediately! His master was Asian, and you dare defy him???? This is blasphemy!!!

I am incensed that you dare question the authority of Great Grandmaster James P Lacey and his Asian master! I demand that you apologize immediately! His master was Asian, and you dare defy him???? This is blasphemy!!!
    I take it he's a running joke around here then? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Chadderz View Post
    I take it he's a running joke around here then? ^^
    You got me, lol. Joke's over.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

You got me, lol. Joke's over.
    Haha, I was wondering

frackin jokers
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    In Wing Chun the motive is to end a fight quickly!

Your not standing taking blow for blow, no feinting or trying to constantly evade your opponent by moving out of distance...

You instantly go in an attack first, hard and fast until the opponent is no more!!!

Are their any other combat or martial arts systems with the same principle in mind?If so what are they and their methodolgy!?
    maybe krav maga...

Counter attacking as soon as possible (or attacking preemptively).
    Targeting attacks to the body's most vulnerable points such as the eyes, jaw, throat, groin, knee, etc.
    Neutralizing the opponent as quickly as possible by responding with an unbroken stream of counter attacks and if necessary a take down/joint break.
    Maintaining awareness of surroundings while dealing with the threat in order to look for escape routes, further attackers, objects that could be used to defend or help attack and so on.

one of my favorite krav maga vids. the endings a big one. lol.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H7gB3Em1NU