Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
We are in a very sad state when we abuse ourselves long term for immediate gains. Whether it comes from internal or external pressures it's still an unhealthy attitude IMO and goes against the very notion of sportsmanship.

So yeah, some pro is loosing it and they are afraid of loosing face, paper, whatever and they go juice. Not cool. I feel sorry for these people, in a way.

As far as recreational users. lol. whatever. They are just as guilty without the financial pressure. That makes them even more weak, IMO.

Steroids are a very serious problem and are just a small sliver of a much larger issue of north amerian systemic pharma-abuse. We are taught from day one to take medicine to feel better. And that's cool, but most people don't have physical fitness drilled into them quite as well. That's why we have a nation with a large chunk of very unhealthy citizens on the pain killer maintenance program. And don't even get me started on the self perpetuating pharmasuetical/psychological industry. 10% applicable, 90% cash grab. Uggh. No wonder kids grow up, get insecure and juice up just to be able to compete at a high level. Everyone else is doing it, what choice do they have, right?
Well...the issue of "everyone else is doing it what choice do I have" is a very REAL one for ANYONE that wants to compete at the highest levels.
Lets be clear about soemthing:
High level spots competition has very little to do with "health) ( although of course every athelete wants to be healthy) and very little to do with longevity AFTER the sport ( and more to do with longevity withing the sport).
Pro athletes are jacked up, in EVERY sport ( if not on PE then on pain killers of some sorts).

That this type of mentality is filtering down to low level and even recreational sports is logical since those area are filled with "failed superstars" and with "wannabe superstars".