Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: it will make you angry...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    This and the fact that popular culture glorifies the gang life more than ever before. You have shows like Gangland that spend 50 minutes making criminality sound cool and exciting, and maybe 5 minutes with a bit of a caveat at the end. Kids in the suburbs using gang jargon and trying to act hard.

A lot of people seem to walk on eggshells around their children and let them be the boss, which is why so many think they're entitled.

I also don't agree with the popular notion that kids today are necessarily smarter than the kids, say, 30 years ago. There are kids who are highly evolved human beings, but they aren't the majority that I've seen. People tend to confuse access to and familiarity with more advanced technology with being smarter and more mature. Well, yes and no. Sometimes more of one thing leads to a deficiency in other areas. Like anything else, it all comes down to the individual.
    Quite correct, society has glorified the "gang" and criminal activity.
    Of course this is nothing really new per say but I think that it is more prevelent and more far reaching than ever before.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    A lot of people seem to walk on eggshells around their children and let them be the boss, which is why so many think they're entitled.

I also don't agree with the popular notion that kids today are necessarily smarter than the kids, say, 30 years ago. There are kids who are highly evolved human beings, but they aren't the majority that I've seen. People tend to confuse access to and familiarity with more advanced technology with being smarter and more mature. Well, yes and no. Sometimes more of one thing leads to a deficiency in other areas. Like anything else, it all comes down to the individual.
    Agreed. I suspect the overwhelming lack of emotional intelligence and maturity in kids today results from the lack of proper parental guidance. I think it was Freud who said that learning how to deal with frustation is part of the maturing process.

Greetings,

It is sad when situations like his happen. It could have been worse.

I think situations like this would drop significantly if the parents of the children were called into question and charged. That would introduce a level of social responsibility that has long been gone from our communities.

mickey

i dont see whats the big problem. these kids are just having fun.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Olson View Post
    ****ing jackals...I don't think they'd be so brave one-on-one.
    They never never are...
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Good think they we so weak... That lasted a long time.
    "If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow."

"He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever."

- Ancient Chinese Proverbs