Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Interesting article on running technique

Quote Originally Posted by Sardinkahnikov View Post
    Wow, this forum moves way too fast for me. I come back a couple days later to see if there were any replies, and BANG four pages! Well, at least you guys seem to like the subject. All the better.

Seriously, thank you for the feedback. I enjoy running and I'm always looking for a method that will conserve my joints, so I figured I'd consult the honourable and knowledgeable colleagues of the forum

I guess I'll stick with this forefoot/barefoot stuff for a couple weeks and see how it works out.

Worked for me. Forced me to run smoother, slower, more controlled, and it got rid of my shin splints caused from poor running technique in shoes.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Roadwork 2.0 the comeback

Relevant to the distance running debate.

Writing off methods like roadwork that have been proven for years to effectively increase aerobic fitness simply because they may appear slower than the skills of the sport is like saying there is no reason to do anything but spar because that’s the closet speed to an actual fight.
    Can be applied to so many arguments around here.
    Last edited by wenshu; 02-23-2012 at 03:30 PM.