Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Buk Sing and Lee Koon Hung

Blog Entries
    exchanges happen but every choy lay fut school does the chop choi with a panther fist. I don't think emphasis on the chop choi/panther fist means buk sing influence.
    In my honest opinion, i believe it was indeed Tam Sam who inspired the use and research into the different usages of the chop Choy with panther fist. Original/OLD fut san hung sing kuen (CLF) did our chop choys with solid fists. a few fut san hung sing lineages still do till this day.

all choy lay fut schools have these techniques.
    true. but its about the usage and personal experience the old masters based their usages on.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolindynasty View Post
    exchanges happen but every choy lay fut school does the chop choi with a panther fist.
    Not every Choy Lay Fut school does the charp choy with a panther fist. In fact, many Choy Lay Fut schools execute the Charp Choy with a closed fist as opposed to a panther fist.
    Not trying to be argumentative, but Tarm Sarm developed the panther fist Charp Choy into a speciality and sort-of trademark of the Buk Sing school.
    Last edited by crazyfistmonk; 03-06-2012 at 01:12 AM.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    The last two posts-I was going to say that, but I figured this Hung-Gar guy who did a little CLF should shut up and let the CLF guys go for it. (who does this guy think he is, anyway?)
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Being good at a technique and inventing it are 2 different things.

The the chop choi and it's panther fist variation were known before buk sing. maybe he liked that technique and chose to emphasize it more than othe clf practitioners but he did not invent it.

The chop choi and panther fist are not even unique to choy lay fut
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Being good at a technique and inventing it are 2 different things.

The the chop choi and it's panther fist variation were known before buk sing. maybe he liked that technique and chose to emphasize it more than othe clf practitioners but he did not invent it.

The chop choi and panther fist are not even unique to choy lay fut
    Even the CHAN family has admitted that it was TAM SAM who popularized the panther fisted Chop Choy. The slogan "EXTRA INCH EXTRA POWER" didn't come from chan heung, or jeung hung sing. it was TAM SAM. No one said he invented it, as it most likely was around prior to Chan Heung.

CLFNole - I made some room, PM away. Thanks.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

it most likely was around prior to Chan Heung
    ok, then we agree. but that reason is why I don't think anyone should assume buk sing influence because someone does panther/leopard fist techniques.

I'm not trying to take anything away from anyone I respect all choy lay fut practitioners as brothers

Blog Entries
    ok, then we agree. but that reason is why I don't think anyone should assume buk sing influence because someone does panther/leopard fist techniques.
    I completely understand your POV......but thats just it. YOU don't think ......

However, the elders of CLF from the 3 major branches......the one's who were alot closer to the times than any of us here have said tam sam is responsible for taking the usage of the panther fist in all of CLF to the next level. others followed in his footsteps.

your opinion is getting heard, it just doesn't happen to be the truth to the situation.

This isn't a right or wrong thing. I think SD was referring to my comment about my thoughts of a buk sing influence in our CLF. This was my opinion based on my time in CLF and watching various branches and what not. I noticed many lines utilized closed fist punches whereas our sets do not have any closed fist punches.

Having watched buk sing and their extensive use of the panther fist I saw this as a possible influence. Again just my opinion and not speaking for any other branch. I have seen a good deal of Chan Wing Fat/Chen Yong Fa's group from Australia and our forms stem from theirs. That being said they have a lot of closed fist punches so in my mind ours having exclusively panther fist punches made me believe the influence came elsewhere.

completely understand your POV......but thats just it. YOU don't think ......

However, the elders of CLF from the 3 major branches......the one's who were alot closer to the times than any of us here have said tam sam is responsible for taking the usage of the panther fist in all of CLF to the next level. others followed in his footsteps.

your opinion is getting heard, it just doesn't happen to be the truth to the situation.
    we use panther fist chop chois and no buk sing influence here. so whatever.

btw, the disrespect isn't required *******
    Last edited by Shaolindynasty; 03-06-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Blog Entries
    we use panther fist chop chois and no buk sing influence here. so whatever.

btw, the disrespect isn't required *******
    Disrespect where? I bet somewhere in your lineage someone was inspired by Tam Sams contributions.

IF and thats IF i was disrespectful...i apologize. However i don't believe i disrespected you or anyone. I was simlpy stating whats been known and reported on by the elders. are you sure you're not being overly sensitive?

even tho....... HISTORICALLY TAM SAM is the one who made the Lin Wan Chop Choy. It is what it is.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 03-06-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    Disrespect where? I bet somewhere in your lineage someone was inspired by Tam Sams contributions.

IF and thats IF i was disrespectful...i apologize. However i don't believe i disrespected you or anyone. I stating whats been known and reported on by the elders. are you sure you're not being overly sensitive?
    I think he is referring to when you wrote:
    completely understand your POV......but thats just it. YOU don't think
    Telling some one that they aren't thinking is usually viewed as disrespectful.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Blog Entries
    Telling some one that they aren't thinking is usually viewed as disrespectful.
    If someone is offended by the truth as it is known, that's not my issue.

in my comments "YOU DON'T THINK........." I was saying YOU DON'T THINK it is but others do. I just didn't finish my sentence. that is why there were so many "......" I assumed he'd get my drift. I wasn't saying or inferring that he wasn't thinking in the least. just saying its him that doesn't think "BLAH BLAH BLAH"....... i was referring to WHAT he was thinking and NOT to the lack of his thinking.

I could have said it that way but it didn't come out that way.

then we agree. but that reason is why I don't think anyone should assume buk sing influence because someone does panther/leopard fist techniques.
    a simple question of "what did you mean by this?" would have solved that issue instantly.

Now lets see if he does the right thing?

And historically, its been stated that the panther fist wasn't highly used back then prior to Tam Sam. yes everyone has the panther fist found in their forms. BUT, NO ONE popularized it to the extent of TAM SAM.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 03-06-2012 at 01:07 PM.

Frank I recall you and I having a mis-communication over something similar When I read it I kind of thought the same thing he did.

Blog Entries
    Frank I recall you and I having a mis-communication over something similar When I read it I kind of thought the same thing he did.
    why you gotta bring back some old sh1t LMAO

with all that said......i still did not disrespect anyone at all.

I might not be thinking clearly cause i'm still affected by waking up to some news that a friend mine died last night. Again....my bad for miscommunication. but i ask first before jumping to a conclusion. or at least i try to LOL
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 03-06-2012 at 01:15 PM.