Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Banning Traditional in MMA

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
    Wow dude, you really need to consider cutting back on the caffeine.

And no, you can't be like me. There are only so many Super Awesome Cool Guys allowed in the world at one time and I'm sorry to say you just don't make the cut.

Taking an internet martial arts forum seriously is a major fail in itself.

Well, not to be a complete d1ck, but you took that wrong. I meant you getting on the knees because DJ is superawesomecoolguy that you want to be like. Not me sarcastically saying canibelikeyouplease.

On the real though, it was just a snap, nothing more. I dunno who you are and I have no issue with you whatsoever and have no real desire to interact with you in any way shape or form at this point in time. Of course everything is subject to change at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    but the real question is; what does practicing martial arts have to do with sailing? besides footing!
    If Mr Miyagi had a sail boat Danielsun would've won faster and without injury. Clearly sailboats are key to MA supremacy. If you can rok out the plum steaks on the bow in a 3 foot chop and not only prevent yourself from falling on your ass, but actually spar that way, you will be Tourney Champ for sure!!!

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
    Obscure terminology? Fore, aft, port, starboard, head, deck and so on.

Actually my primary martial art comes from a nautical background.

USMC baby. Semper Fi!

The Super Awesome Cool Guy.
    whoooo-aaahhhhh!

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    It's the spar thing.

speaking of which, I have a session at 1:30.
    Sailing or sparring?

When you are sailing do you practice ducking the spar? Did I use that terminology correctly?
    All my life I've done forms or balance exercises in or on the boat. I even take the opportunity to practice on the train every time I ride. Any vehicle I can stand in or on I will always let go and try to balance on my own in various positions. Can't help myself. It's just fun for me.

Sailing is fun. I have very little experience tho. I have had motor boats all my life. All outboard except for one which was more trouble than it was worth. I'm happy with 22" and a couple hundred horses on the back. In that respect I know tons. But sailing, nada. You can't live in Vancouver and never have sailed tho. It's a freakin port city after all.