Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: One inch punch

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    ANYTHING we do can and IS explainable via physics as it relates to biomechanics, anything and everything we do.
    Okay, so for the benefit of scientific/biomechanic research, which term would you use for 6 bows? Taking into account this is a direct reference to the 6 joints of the body: shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee, ankle. This is the beginning of understanding leverage and momentum of the body, not to mention the vast amount of changes that happen to each joint/bow whenever we move an inch
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Okay, so for the benefit of scientific/biomechanic research, which term would you use for 6 bows? Taking into account this is a direct reference to the 6 joints of the body: shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee, ankle. This is the beginning of understanding leverage and momentum of the body, not to mention the vast amount of changes that happen to each joint/bow whenever we move an inch
    Even more important the six bows will shows a tangible and clear way on how to handling the issue via the handling and condition of everyone of them.

Unless one can clearly describe the six bows condition and handling one doesn't have clear and full handling.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Even more important the six bows will shows a tangible and clear way on how to handling the issue via the handling and condition of everyone of them.

Unless one can clearly describe the six bows condition and handling one doesn't have clear and full handling.

But I'm right that the 6 Bows you mention are linked to the joints, right?

If so, this is only part of what you would need for a full understanding of the older archaic terms imho.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    But I'm right that the 6 Bows you mention are linked to the joints, right?

If so, this is only part of what you would need for a full understanding of the older archaic terms imho.
    Sure. Bow are those joints.

This is part of the big picture.

The bow is the joints. The other part is the qi medirians which is the muscle, sinew , and how to increase the flow.

Bow is crane structure. Qi medirians is snake reel.

Jin as the definition means the change of strength or force vector. Is develop via the bow and qi medirians handling. These are the engine. The crane and snake.

The last component is the use of visualization to manage the crane and snake.

the intention or yee, crane bow/structure, and snake reel / pully belt are the three element of slt Jin development.

Thus, nim lik is not edequate to describe the WCK slt Jin. One needs the tree elements to bring visualization to the physical world.

Mind and body is one , with the three elements.

There is no mysterious but totally engineering. One just need to understand the ancient Chinese mind set. And I purposely use the Chinese term so that one can see these across WCK lineage.

And of cause once one know what it is one can called it anything. I once told Jim rosalendor . I careless if you called it Boston red lobster instead of crane bow. Who cares? I don't. But one got to know and attain what the ancestor is talking about. Not inventing things and claim what it s not.

People have a tendency of attack what they don't know. Such as the term and the lineage . But that is off target. One needs to find out what is going on before reacting blindly.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-02-2012 at 08:50 AM.

Ok. Why don't you explain to us what is the WCK inch power and how to do it in biomechanics term your way if you don't like the wing Chun classical ?
    AGAIN?
    How many times have we gone over this Hendrick?
    I've lost count.
    Inch power is simply the term used by southern systems to describe "kinetic energy" transferred from point A to point B ( either by a strike or any other movement by the way), in other systems it has different names ( kime in Karate for example), via the application of impulse power rather than momentum to deliver force.
    While it can be trained and developed in different ways in different systems, it is expressed in virtually the same way regardless of development ( A striking system well express it the same way compared to another striking system and a grappling one the same compared to another grappling system).
    It's about using whole body unity and structure to deliver a (strike in this case) over the shortest possible distance, using a combination of muscular tension and relaxation.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Your body is NOT a BO nor does it have a bow, your body does NOT have a snake engine or crane engine or any other engine other than a HUMAN one and using terms like is just pure pointlessness.

Let me put it to you this way:
    Show me ONE EXAMPLE of PRACTICAL WC inch power that is DIFFERENT than ANY OTHER expression of inch power.

AGAIN?
    How many times have we gone over this Hendrick?
    I've lost count.
    Inch power is simply the term used by southern systems to describe "kinetic energy" transferred from point A to point B ( either by a strike or any other movement by the way), in other systems it has different names ( kime in Karate for example), via the application of impulse power rather than momentum to deliver force.
    While it can be trained and developed in different ways in different systems, it is expressed in virtually the same way regardless of development ( A striking system well express it the same way compared to another striking system and a grappling one the same compared to another grappling system).
    It's about using whole body unity and structure to deliver a (strike in this case) over the shortest possible distance, using a combination of muscular tension and relaxation.
    Now that's a simple, direct and accurate explanation! Well done
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Your body is NOT a BO nor does it have a bow, your body does NOT have a snake engine or crane engine or any other engine other than a HUMAN one and using terms like is just pure pointlessness.

Show me ONE EXAMPLE of PRACTICAL WC inch power that is DIFFERENT than ANY OTHER expression of inch power.
    I think the larger difference would be in developmental approaches. I hear what you're saying here, but I also think there are different ways of utilizing 'inch power' and how it can be expressed to differing degrees besides just how it is developed..
    From what I've seen, SPM will use different body mechanics than WCK will (more bowed back and muscle groups vs. the strutured alignment type of inch power WCK may use). Also, if you look at how Bruce Lee demonstrates 'inch power' in the old black and white clips, it is a lot different than how I understand and express WCK inch power.

But really all of this is for naught, because IMO what's really important is being able to set up and apply this type of energy in a real word application. If someone can't do that, it's all just talk and theory
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

my clip,,,

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHE View Post
    my clip,,,
    Practical does NOT equal a board break.
    Its a good clip dude, not taking anything away from that.
    The practical application of inch power = a combative clip.

@ 12 sec a short po pai to keep a guy going into your next attack ...short force.
    @ 14 sec.... showing that hand chasing is not good, so we use jum to intercept and strike using the short force without retraction. Imagine Moshes punch to board to nose, jaw, throat, etc...and that's sitting down

http://youtu.be/cHYtHyEx7Go

thats why i did it when seating , reading this thread i wanted to illustrate that if in this case my fore arm is free from my body when it expressed this movement
    it should be easy to understand that it can be done the same way in combat at any time and any direction

look the small clips when hitting the dummy ,its the same way

all the descriptions and clips are showing a full participation of all the body implying in fact that when doing contact with someone the rest of the body is under a non productive contraction = dead showing the way to your opponent to counter attack

this

start 1.35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLC2fgYxdjw

and this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4hmQaSVIDk

are not the same.

different type of power different type of methods.

take a look at how the six bow are handle. are they the same?

sifu Lui's clip above also shows once it is wing chun it is wing chun, one no need to set up for special inch power. wing chun is default to wing chun inch power the wing chun way.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-02-2012 at 11:59 AM.

spencer are you by any chance familiar with this organisation http://www.thearma.org/pdf/JoachimMeyer.htm

eh why the hell did it end up here. was supposed to be in draw blade thread ???
    Last edited by jesper; 05-02-2012 at 12:51 PM.

this

start 1.35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLC2fgYxdjw

and this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4hmQaSVIDk

are not the same.

different type of power different type of methods.

take a look at how the six bow are handle. are they the same?

sifu Lui's clip above also shows once it is wing chun it is wing chun, one no need to set up for special inch power. wing chun is default to wing chun inch power the wing chun way.
    Neither are showing anything practical, just drills.
    But you are right that they are not the same, at least the pak mei guy is actually HITTING his partner hard enough ( albeit in a very in-practical way).