Quote Originally Posted by Minghequan View Post
YouKnowWho, Sanjuro Ronin, Gino Shifu .... Guys,each to his own of course but please don't make "assumptions" about people who you don't know nor have shared the floor with. You could end up with some proverbial "egg on your face" doing this ... just saying. Mate, a little background ... I worked for over 5 years for the Australian Government in Youth Work often dealing with some of the worst society had to present, very street savvy individuals capable of a great deal of damage. From there I went on to be a Manager of yet another Government Skills Training Provider. From there I spent (on-going) 22 years to date in the Security Operative Industry (Cert II) as both a Bodyguard and Crowd Controller ... I have seen just about it all without going into unnecessary detail here.

Therefore my approach has always been in the area of actual fighting, not play acting in the Dojo, Kwoon, Guan or Tang but out there where it really happens. Without bragging, some of the people I teach or have taught have been involved in high level activities in a high level way such as the the Australian Army, Police Force, Tactical Operations Group, Senior Correctional Services Officers .. all proof positive that what we teach in Wu He Dao Zhan Pai White Crane Gongfu is very practical from a personal defense and Life-Protection manner!
Minghequan: I was not stating that you do not understand or do many of the Martial side of your art. I was just stating that all MA have their roots in Fighting. The modern person may do Qi Gong / Health aspect of MA along with their fighting. I have been doing Taiji & Qi Gong for almost 20 year now and my aim has always been health.

There are people that do MA as a religion and even people that do MA as a philosophy. Why people do MA is a personal choice and is not really important. I just noted that without the fighting we would be doing yoga or qi gong or meditation etc only.

ginosifu