Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: What is qi?

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    you are right. I am arrogant.
    try to read more closely - I said that you come across as arrogant; you may not be, and you may not intend it as such, but that's the result when you basically state unequivocally that someone doesn't "have it" based on what they write; I don't see why this is so hard to understand;

furthermore, this mock capitulatory stance you take, where you agree without really agreeing, is disingenuous; I don't care if you agree with me or not; I'm just trying to help you with your social skills, given that I think if you were a bit more circumspect, you might find more common ground with more people; and hey, again, you may not care at all about how you are perceived, that's fair enough;

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    try to read more closely - I said that you come across as arrogant; you may not be, and you may not intend it as such, but that's the result when you basically state unequivocally that someone doesn't "have it" based on what they write; I don't see why this is so hard to understand;

furthermore, this mock capitulatory stance you take, where you agree without really agreeing, is disingenuous; I don't care if you agree with me or not; I'm just trying to help you with your social skills, given that I think if you were a bit more circumspect, you might find more common ground with more people; and hey, again, you may not care at all about how you are perceived, that's fair enough;

may be i should say. internal jing doesnt work this way.

it doest make sense for those who know what is a gun powder writting on how wood dust is gun powder. if you believe in that type of writing, that only means you dont know what is gun powder, never seen it before.

for the record , Jing is the change of force similar to acceleration is the change of speed. Thus, Jing is force based. Writting about jing without the force based tell how close one know Jing.

has it or not got nothing to do with touch hand.

ok. you are right.

the issue here is the presentation is totally wrong and misleading. so how do you address that?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-02-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    I think we have the troll boys here......

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...72-d3a5cd9.jpg
    Of course it is easy to attack the person and not address the comment. It is also much easier to blindly follow the accepted teachings concerning qi and not use ones reason to sort the fantasy from the real.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    I'd take one Scott R. Brown over a million of you
    Wisely said!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Take him, he's all yours.
    Foolishly said!!!

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    try to read more closely - I said that you come across as arrogant
    No..he is arrogant, and he finally admitted it!

may be i should say. internal jing doesnt work this way.

it doest make sense for those who know what is a gun powder writting on how wood dust is gun powder. if you believe in that type of writing, that only means you dont know what is gun powder, never seen it before.

for the record , Jing is the change of force similar to acceleration is the change of speed. Thus, Jing is force based. Writting about jing without the force based tell how close one know Jing.

has it or not got nothing to do with touch hand.
    Jing is just a word used to describe an effect, it is NOT the effect itself. To confuse the definition with the effect and blindly adhere to a limited definition forces one to conform their experience to the definition.

This defeats the purpose of the definition, which is to serve the effect/experience, NOT to to enslave true experience to an arbitrary term! Words are tools, meant to serve us, not enslave us!

Experiences may be defined differently by different people; the act of denigrating others for not conforming to one's own definition (or a traditional definition) of any effect demonstrates that one does not fully understand effects, reality, words, or definitions. This kind of person's narrow views hinder their own understanding and the understanding of those who fail to question the definitions they use.

To blindly follow another's definition is to enslave oneself to another's experience and reality!

Jing is just a term used to explain an effect. In every culture identical words are used differently from one person to another. The same is so for Jing! One person's accepted definition is not the final word or necessarily the TRUER word on it!

hey WCners,

Time to shut this thread down. hahaha

Blog Entries
    ok. you are right.

the issue here is the presentation is totally wrong and misleading. so how do you address that?
    It's not whether your opinion is right or wrong. It's whether you can make others to accept your opinion.

When the "freedom fighter" 李敖(Li Ao) gave a speech in The Beijing University, he did not say that the communist party was bad. He said that he is willing to give up his freedom as long as the communist party is willing to follow it's consititution, so people will have freedom on

- get together
    - publish,
    - travel,
    - religion,

The following Li Ao speech can help us to improve "communication skill" big time. What I like about his skill is he always has fact to support whatever he intend to say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeAki...eature=related
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 07-02-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    When the freedom fighter 李敖(Li Ao) gave a speech in The Beijing University, he did not say that the communist party was bad. He said that he is willing to give up his freedom as long as the communist party is willing to follow it's consititution, so people will have freedom on

- get together
    - publish,
    - travel,
    - religion,

It's not whether your opinion is right or wrong. It's whether you can make others to accept your opinion.

The following Li Ao speech can help us to improve "communication skill" big time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeAki...eature=related

good point.

let face this issue of jing.
    it is a fact that this writer similar to lots of writers doesnt know what they are talking about. it is misleading and actually make a bad impression which cannot deliver.

now, here is in a Kung Fu forum with lots of people seriously want to learn reading the post.
    again, it got nothing to do with OPINION. it got all to do with What is the FACT.

do you care for to make others to accept your opinion or do you care for those 200 WCners behind the scene reading the post to have a proper information.

and sure, there are plenty of people will never accept this particular jing fact because they themself claim to be expert but also dont know what they are talking about. and they are not going to accept your opinion . simply because they are on the same boat with the writer. accept the fact of fajing means accept they are ignorance.

This is not a political situation as Lee Aou in Beijing. but a simple Kung Fu forum and a simple fact.

What will you write ?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-02-2012 at 04:31 PM.

hey WCners,

Of course, as soon as you cannot compete intellectually it is time for you to run!

Is your purpose to expand your own understanding and the understanding of others by interacting with others with different experiences and ideas, or is it to reinforce your own views and enslave others to your own narrow understanding?

good point.

let face this issue of jing.
    it is a fact that this writer similar to lots of writers doesnt know what they are talking about. it is misleading and actually make a bad impression which cannot deliver.

now, here is in a Kung Fu forum with lots of people seriously want to learn reading the post.
    again, it got nothing to do with OPINION. it got all to do with What is the FACT.

What will you write ?
    No, it is not about fact! It is about what each person accepts as fact, and in your mind only one view, YOURS, properly understands what is fact and what is not fact.

This is an error. If you cannot properly understand your own experiences and continue to define your personal experiences according to a narrow definition, you will never gain an advanced understanding of any topic under discussion.

As I taught you many years ago, and you ignored, if you cannot express your experiences and understanding in your own words, you are still a novice on any particular topic.

Anyone can blindly repeat the writings and teaching of others, that is merely a copy and paste life, that is not true understanding.

It is fine for you to impose such views on yourself, but to encourage others to follow such a naive path is to drag others into your own pit of ignorance!

Blog Entries
    do you care for to make others to accept your opinion or do you care for those 200 WCners behind the scene reading the post to have a proper information. ... What will you write ?
    I don't have that much ambition as you do. If I were a WC master (which I'm not), I'll suggest those 200 WCners behind the scene,

"If you want to learn a fight art, try to fight as much as you can when you are still young."
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 07-02-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I don't have that much ambition as you do. I'll never use words on others if I don't like others to use those words on me.
    it is not about ambition, it is about responsibility on what one is saying.

is it ok to give face even in a forum where fact can be present , just to win a popularity contest?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-02-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    No, it is not about fact! It is about what each person accepts as fact, and in your mind only one view, YOURS, properly understands what is fact and what is not fact.

This is an error. If you cannot properly understand your own experiences and continue to define your personal experiences according to a narrow definition, you will never gain an advanced understanding of any topic under discussion.

As I taught you many years ago, and you ignored, if you cannot express your experiences and understanding in your own words, you are still a novice on any particular topic.

Anyone can blindly repeat the writings and teaching of others, that is merely a copy and paste life, that is not true understanding.

It is fine for you to impose such views on yourself, but to encourage others to follow such a naive path is to drag others into your own pit of ignorance!

what is Jing and internal Jing? it is a physical phenomenon so please dont give me all kind of words but nothing.

Why dont you share the keys of jing?

Blog Entries
    it is not about ambition, it is about responsibility on what one is saying.
    I used to think that I have the "responsibility" for the "world peace" and "new world order" too.

what is Jing and internal Jing? it is a physical phenomenon so please dont give me all kind of words but nothing.

Why don't you share them in your own words, instead of aping the words of others?

I don't care about the word Jing, it is a means to get lost in theory and avoid reality!

If one wishes to philosophize about fighting and finds it enjoyable that is fine, but to confuse philosophizing with actual fighting is the same thing as confusing being an armchair quarterback with being a real NFL quarterback!

One has the real experience, the other just pretends!

He does not know what internal jing is, he just likes to disrupt threads with a lot of empty talk, and say nothing.

Maybe if we ignore him he will go away.

Cheers

hey WCners,

Getting a bit too hot for you is it my old friend???

Why dont you cry to Gene again?