Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: What is qi?

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Those who has sickness such As who lost or weak in their physical ability can use qigong to gain back and improve their physical ability.

Hard consistent trainning which is non qigong cannot do that and will further damage the body.
    While I agree that qigong may be beneficial in helping some sick individuals become more healthy, it is not the only method that provides beneficial results. The same process may be achieved using similar techniques that have no relation to Qi or qigong and other techniques that have no direct relation to qigong!

Qi is breath. That is all.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    What is it?

Simple explanations only please.

I think I know what it is but I would like to hear what other people think it is also. I will post my definition after a few replies.
    Something seems to have been "lost" in this thread and that is:
    When we decide to quantify something, proof would be nice, LOL !

People can say Qi is whatever they think it is, but how about a little thing called proof?

In terms of MA skill, everything that I h ave seen done "attributed" to Qi, has been done by others "without Qi" and explained by basic physics as it applies to bio-mechanics.
    In terms of "qi stunts", pretty much every one of them has been duplicated by "tricksters" with "no qi".

Now, in terms of medical evidence, well..now you get into the more tricky area od quantifying what one is seeing be done and the first thing that MUST be stated is WHAT is QI and WHAT is being observed.
    IF Qi is simply the bioelectrical field that living organisims have then, yes, Qi does exist and can be "manipulated" to vary degrees.
    IF Qi is "breathe" then yes, it can also be manipulated to effect the health of a person.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Yes and no, enough literature exists that makes one think that the :ancients" viewed "qi" in various ways.
    One was as breathe/air and another as "bioelectricity" and yet another was how they explained what we now know as "bio-mechanics" and physcial properties such as "impulse" and "kinetic energy".

Well if we want to get really technical, it is the steam rising off of cooked rice!

But don't listen to me. I have it on incompetent authority, "I love to comment on thing I don't know and don't have".

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Yes and no, enough literature exists that makes one think that the :ancients" viewed "qi" in various ways.
    One was as breathe/air and another as "bioelectricity" and yet another was how they explained what we now know as "bio-mechanics" and physcial properties such as "impulse" and "kinetic energy".
    Now stop trying to clutter the discussion with scientabulous perspications!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Now stop trying to clutter the discussion with scientabulous perspications!
    Sorry, forgot this was a QI thread in the WC forum !

Sorry, forgot this was a QI thread in the WC forum !
    Exactly!!! You have to use your IMMMMMMAAAAAAGGGIIINAAAAAAAAATION!!!!!!

While I agree that qigong may be beneficial in helping some sick individuals become more healthy, it is not the only method that provides beneficial results.

The same process may be achieved using similar techniques that have no relation to Qi or qigong and other techniques that have no direct relation to qigong!

Qigong can help the weak and sick get back thier physical ability where the usual sport training can't.

Qigong also expand the boundary of the healthy and strong where the usual sport training cannot.

Qi gong deal with the qi layer. And qi layer is a part of human body. Technics has no related to qi is simply incomplete and partial.

Qi is not breath. Breath is breath . Qi is qi.

Qigong can help the weak and sick get back thier physical ability where the usual sport training can't.

Qigong also expand the boundary of the healthy and strong where the usual sport training cannot.

Qi gong deal with the qi layer. And qi layer is a part of human body. Technics has no related to qi is simply incomplete and partial.
    Well this is your imagination at work again, because I am pretty sure there is plenty of scientific evidence that demonstrates you wrong!

But you know, I am only a nurse who deals with rehab patients and all!

Qi is not breath. Breath is breath . Qi is qi.
    And imagination is imagination!

Exactly!!! You have to use your IMMMMMMAAAAAAGGGIIINAAAAAAAAATION!!!!!!
    People will always see what they WANT to see so that they make themselves feel "special" and "unique".
    Its a horrific illness in TCMA it seems.

People will always see what they WANT to see so that they make themselves feel "special" and "unique".
    Its a horrific illness in TCMA it seems.
    Does that mean that by agreeing with you I am making myself feel special because I am part of a group that is smarter than those who are not as smart as you and me????

Well this is your imagination at work again, because I am pretty sure there is plenty of scientific evidence that demonstrates you wrong!

But you know, I am only a nurse who deals with rehab patients and all!

No one can force you to accept ether exist.

You don't know qi.