Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: What could this guy do using his yang style to win?

Lets not argue about the definition of push and pull ok?
    Pushing exerts force AWAY from you
    Pulling exerts force TOWARDS you.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    id still like to know how you can pull or push someone shooting so you borrow their forice when they are shooting like tito demoed in the clip i posted, you know the one where he shoots in and up and through the opponent??
    In that case, the "borrowing" would only be against the horizontal component of the shoot.

Any downward force would be against the vertical component, and would be force against force.

So downward pulling against a proper shoot is not the cleanest technique if the intent is to use only borrowing.

Vectors. It's all about the vectors.

Just watched the video.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    He could learn how to, you know, fight...

at all...

This.

Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    So downward pulling against a proper shoot is not the cleanest technique if the intent is to use only borrowing.
    you think, hence why we haven't see it that much even those John says its the easyiest thing to do against a shot

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    why try to invent/reinvent a wheel? Sprawl has worked so far. (didn't watch vid) kinda jumped in the conversation halfway through.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    why try to invent/reinvent a wheel? Sprawl has worked so far. (didn't watch vid) kinda jumped in the conversation halfway through.
    Reinvent a wheel?

This picture was taken back in 1933 (79 years ago).

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/3...ournament1.jpg
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 07-30-2012 at 10:51 PM.

And the guy in that shot's very lucky that he hasn't got his legs pulled out from underneath him. Just because a technique is old doesn't make it any good.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

train bjj, call it ditangquan.

PROBLEM SOLVED

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    In an MMA enviroment, that well get you "overhanded" in the next day.
    Over extending like that will also motivate the opponent to "slip and take your back" as opposed to going for the shoot.
    Talking about something that looks like a traditional college wrestler's stance?
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

the Tai Chi guy could have learned to grab for a guillotine and fall back taking the guy into guard as he's going down, or learned how to underhook and rotate the attack to the side, roll the opponent and then drop into side control....

or even sprawl..?

And then there's the striking.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    the Tai Chi guy could have learned to grab for a guillotine and fall back taking the guy into guard as he's going down, or learned how to underhook and rotate the attack to the side, roll the opponent and then drop into side control....

or even sprawl..?

And then there's the striking.
    guillotine wouldn't have worked the guy passed straight to the side on every takedown and bypassed the guys legs nicely, underhook and rotate also probably wouldnt have worked, thats used on higher shots, this guy was coming in low and fast, sprawl would have been the way to...as well as actually learning how to fight lol

Quote Originally Posted by xinyidizi View Post
    I want to know how you think this guy could win the fight using his style against the white belt BJJ guy.
    He could learn how to sprawl to avoid the takedown, and then pick up some basic boxing skills. That should be enough to beat a BJJ white belt.

The BJJ white belt actually is the one who angers me... he seemed too hurried on the ground and failed to establish a dominant position before rushing into a couple of poorly executed arm bar attemps. He didn't even try for the Americana that was clearly there - he never went for full mount, which was there... and no relaxation or breath control at all on the ground. <slaps head>

He made this fight too hard on himself. Should've ended it with the first takedown!

an internal guy told me he invited a bjj guy to "demonstrate" some techniques, then suckered him and tore up his arm.

this is classic internal combat technique.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC