Just saw Tom Callos' post this on facebook, figured it was worthy to bring to attention here. Tom Callos is a martial arts industry consultant.

Tom Callos
‎(Spell-Checked Venison) I'm sorry, I have to say it: OK, so after hearing that there might be franchises sold to have martial arts schools for kids in Walmarts (announced at the last "convention") with a "Walmart Approved Curriculum, " where the kids are taught by instructors following along with TV-based instruction, well shoot, I was underwhelmed.

However, I was inspired to send out some signals to groups I thought might hold similar opportunities...so, just so all of you recognize that this is my territory now, I've send queries to K-mart, Skaggs Drugs, Popeyes Chicken, NAPA Auto Parts, Taco Bell (classes w/ hot sauce), ACE Hardware, Tidy-Bowl Plumbing, McDonalds (taught 10 million so far), and the Larry Flint organization.

I'd personally like a school for kids at Starbucks, except that my wife told me last week that the coffee roasting process they use makes your varicose veins explode (even if you don't have any)...or maybe it was your brain? Anyway, I'm really excited about how good it's going to be for the industry and for the martial arts in general, and, of course, for all the KIDS --if, for example, Chik-Filet bites on my idea of a branch school in each location. We can hire instructors who follow a televised Chik-Filet (sp?) approved curriculum, taught be really, REALLY good teachers in chicken suits.

For franchise sales, call me, my number is 1-800-Kano's-turning-in-his-grave.