Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Iron Palm

The net ghosts need to understand something.

Acupuncture is considered legitimate enough in Massachusetts that our licenses to practice are obtained through the Board of Registration in Medicine. The exact same place Medical Doctors have to get their licenses.

The Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine licenses more than 40,000 physicians, osteopaths and acupuncturists. The Board was created in 1894 to protect the public health and safety by setting standards for the practice of medicine and ensuring that doctors who practice in the Commonwealth are appropriately qualified and competent. The Board investigates complaints, holds hearings and determines sanctions. More information is available at www.mass.gov/massmedboard

Also many doctors take a national board exam with 200 questions.

For my National Boards I had to take 400.

So if you going to insult Acupuncture and Chinese medicine. Maybe one should do some research before making asinine statements.

Again anyone can come visit me, contact me and see for themselves what I do. I do not hide anything about my life.

Who are you guys again?

oh, thats right, just some net ghosts who feel they can hide, snipe and slander/libel those who try and make a difference in their community.

I treat Veterans of all ages for free with acupuncture and have had great results.

What have you done for local Veterans?

And the DOD gave my school, the New England School of Acupuncture a multimillion dollar grant to study an ear acupuncture protocol for the treatment of PTSD. What have you done to help?

Funny that if we acupuncturists were not legitimate, why would they waste their money?

I give away more Dit Da Jow free and as donations than any other supplier in the world. And it has helped many people here on KFM and other boards. What do you do to help people suffering from injuries, etc?

My door is open.

Too bad yours will never be.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

It's good to see you're being charitable Dale

For those taking them for I.p. I 've switched to putting a tablet of half into water to let it dissolve so I get a smaller dosage more spread out.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-...heart-attacks/

Just to clarify, I am glad at what you do Dale not many people have the skill or interest to do so. And you're one of the better herb dealers around. I wasn't trying to belittle you if that's what you thought.

I am not worried about you.

The net ghosts slandered and libeled Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine before doing their due diligence.

Seems they feel its not legitimate but here in Massachusetts it is and we are licensed through the same Board of Registration in Medicine.

The Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine licenses more than 40,000 physicians, osteopaths and acupuncturists. The Board was created in 1894 to protect the public health and safety by setting standards for the practice of medicine and ensuring that doctors who practice in the Commonwealth are appropriately qualified and competent. The Board investigates complaints, holds hearings and determines sanctions. More information is available at www.mass.gov/massmedboard

That's a big test 400 questions, but it shows how serious they are with medical licenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    The net ghosts need to understand something.

Acupuncture is considered legitimate enough in Massachusetts that our licenses to practice are obtained through the Board of Registration in Medicine. The exact same place Medical Doctors have to get their licenses.

Also many doctors take a national board exam with 200 questions.

For my National Boards I had to take 400.

So if you going to insult Acupuncture and Chinese medicine. Maybe one should do some research before making asinine statements.

Again anyone can come visit me, contact me and see for themselves what I do. I do not hide anything about my life.

Who are you guys again?

oh, thats right, just some net ghosts who feel they can hide, snipe and slander/libel those who try and make a difference in their community.

I treat Veterans of all ages for free with acupuncture and have had great results.

What have you done for local Veterans?

And the DOD gave my school, the New England School of Acupuncture a multimillion dollar grant to study an ear acupuncture protocol for the treatment of PTSD. What have you done to help?

Funny that if we acupuncturists were not legitimate, why would they waste their money?

I give away more Dit Da Jow free and as donations than any other supplier in the world. And it has helped many people here on KFM and other boards. What do you do to help people suffering from injuries, etc?

My door is open.

Too bad yours will never be.
    So?

State sanctioning has nothing to do with anything.

Homeopaths can perform surgery in Arizona, and they're killing people in the process:

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/20...athic-surgery/

Doesn't mean it's legit.

I'm glad you help veterans. Whether I do or do not help veterans has nothing to do with anything.

Maximum trolling because, again, I have trouble believing that anyone is actually dumb enough to try and argue that way. Although some people might be dumb enough to believe it... probably the same type of people who believe stage tricks are because of qi rather than physics.
    Last edited by I Hate Ashida Kim; 09-07-2012 at 06:32 PM.
    "If Ashida wished you to know his real name, I am sure he would write to you and tell you himself." --Danny Sainty

"So, you supposed martial artists, what are you trining for? Who are you training to fight? Apparently no one. Because even in a hypothetical situation, you puss out, Ha! Ha!" --Ashida Kim

The only troll here is the one bickering about things they know nothing about.

Brings up James Randi, Homepathy and other drek as he cannot find any studies where more people have been killed by Chinese Herbs than Western medicine.

too bad so sad.

Enough of this bickering.

Why not leave people alone who are not hurting anyone and helping their community rather than what you are doing.

which is nothing.
    Last edited by Dale Dugas; 09-08-2012 at 04:36 AM.

In 2004 I had a very bad case of "tennis" or "pitcher's" elbow. I had it for over a couple weeks. A friend of mine who is a very experienced acupuncturist came back visiting, and offered to give me a free session (he brings his needles when he travels). The session took maybe 30 to 40 minutes. By the next morning, it was completely gone, and never came back.

That was my first acupuncture session, and it worked the first time. And although I was hopeful it would work, I also had some inner doubts that it would. So it wasn't power of suggestion. But the important thing is that it worked, and I did NOT need to be injected with cortisone or any other harmful drugs. Will it always work that quickly with one session? No. But the fact is that it can and does work.

Eastern and Western medicine have their places. You cannot single out Eastern only as quack medicine. The number of people who die each year as a result of mistakes by Western medical doctors alone is catastrophic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    In 2004 I had a very bad case of "tennis" or "pitcher's" elbow. I had it for over a couple weeks. A friend of mine who is a very experienced acupuncturist came back visiting, and offered to give me a free session (he brings his needles when he travels). The session took maybe 30 to 40 minutes. By the next morning, it was completely gone, and never came back.

That was my first acupuncture session, and it worked the first time. And although I was hopeful it would work, I also had some inner doubts that it would. So it wasn't power of suggestion. But the important thing is that it worked, and I did NOT need to be injected with cortisone or any other harmful drugs. Will it always work that quickly with one session? No. But the fact is that it can and does work.

Eastern and Western medicine have their places. You cannot single out Eastern only as quack medicine. The number of people who die each year as a result of mistakes by Western medical doctors alone is catastrophic.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Newcombe-a now retired great tennis champion had his elbow treated with acupuncture and was able to renew his career. A very competent licensed acupuncturist has helped me with osteoarthritic
    knee pain in one knee.

Competence in appropriate diagnosis and treatment are the real issues.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    ok, so back to our iron palm discussion.
    Y'know, every time we have these discussions, I always ask the same question, and really don't get an answer. But..I'm the guy who keeps ringing your doorbel until somebody answers.
    So...
    What kind of ch'i-gung/nei-gong do you do for your iron palm?
    There is the usual shoulder circling, swinging
    small heavenly cycle/large heavenly cycle (microcosmic orbit/macrocosmic orbit-if you prefer Mantak Chia's terminology)
    Holding the urn/embracing the tree.
    what others do you do? What do you do to specifically bring energy out to your hands-this can be used for healing as well.?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

I do breathing qigong for a few minutes then I lower my arms palms down relaxed back up then tense for a few minutes. Then after iron palm I do the breathing again and do the arms exercise except striking forward like as if you were to palm strike someones face.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    The only troll here is the one bickering about things they know nothing about.

Brings up James Randi, Homepathy and other drek as he cannot find any studies where more people have been killed by Chinese Herbs than Western medicine.
    If that is true or not, it doesn't prove anything.

Western medicine killing people does not validate the efficiacy of Chinese medicine.

too bad so sad.

Enough of this bickering.

Why not leave people alone who are not hurting anyone and helping their community rather than what you are doing.
    You helping the community has nothing to do with what we are discussing.

That's like a reverse ad hominem

"I tell people that I do charitable things, therefore they will be more likely to agree with my side of a completely different topic because they think I am a good person!"

It's great that you help the community. But it's completely unrelated to anything here. Making yourself appear charitable in the eyes of this forum doesn't mean what you say is right, it just means you're charitable. Only morons would think otherwise.

Then again, your target audience is people who think qi power blocks attacks.

I see why you post the way you post.
    "If Ashida wished you to know his real name, I am sure he would write to you and tell you himself." --Danny Sainty

"So, you supposed martial artists, what are you trining for? Who are you training to fight? Apparently no one. Because even in a hypothetical situation, you puss out, Ha! Ha!" --Ashida Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Awesome

I think accupuncture is also one of those things where not everyone is equally qualified.

Are there some good accupucturists? Sure!

Are there some nutjobs who are just trying to capitalize on the fact that some people want accupuncture? Absolutely.

Same thing with chiropractic (another scammy practice). There are some good chiropractors. Most of them are just salesmen and chiropractic isn't even a science; it's a bunch of woo.

Back to accupuncture. Can it cure some things? Yeah, probably in some cases.

Is it a secret mystic cure-all that Western medicine wants to keep down? Of course not. Are the people who think this is the case? Yes.

Agreed. But it's unrelated to the efficacy of Chinese medicine.

On a related note, be your own advocate. If the dr gives you drugs, research them for interactions because even tho the docs and pharmacists are supposed to do this, sometimes things slip through the cracks.

If you're supposed to have something removed, take a magic marker and write "wrong one" on the other side. There are stories of doctors amputating the wrong limb and stuff, which is tragic.

Trust doctors, but verify what they tell you. Know what you are taking and why. Know how it works.

Doctors are human. Humans make mistakes.

Research and attempt to authenticate anything anyone tells you for that matter. Like if they say they are protecting themselves with qi, but it actually seems more like physics and stage tricks, don't just believe them at face value

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    ok, so back to our iron palm discussion.
    Y'know, every time we have these discussions, I always ask the same question, and really don't get an answer. But..I'm the guy who keeps ringing your doorbel until somebody answers.
    So...
    What kind of ch'i-gung/nei-gong do you do for your iron palm?
    There is the usual shoulder circling, swinging
    small heavenly cycle/large heavenly cycle (microcosmic orbit/macrocosmic orbit-if you prefer Mantak Chia's terminology)
    Holding the urn/embracing the tree.
    what others do you do? What do you do to specifically bring energy out to your hands-this can be used for healing as well.?

We do:

1) Palm exercises/Heaven and earth
    2) Standing meditation, "running the breath"
    3) Rub in the medicine
    4) Strikes on the bag
    5) Breathing exercise/palms facing the floor
    6) Rub in medicine
    7) Throw the fingers away from the body
    8) Standing meditation/Run the breath, then to the striking palm, (feel the thump)

In a nutshell
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....