Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Simply Ignore Them (is that so hard..?)

i believe in trial by battle!!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    who cares if dale wants to fight people. thats what most martial artists like to do. if he beat you up it might not make him right about something (i'm not saying hes wrong in the first place, maybe hes right anyway but just wants to bust some disrespectful teeth out) but it will feel **** good. and thats enough in and of itself.

if one person makes a living and their career in the martial world, they should be expecting to fight every now and then. and if they talk **** to somone in that world, guess what? they should be ready to fight. thats how it works.
    No one has even "talked ****" to Dale. Although Dale has certainly "talked ****" to others. They've simply asked him to provide proof some some things that he is claiming. Entirely reasonable requests.

The general concensus isn't even that Dale sucks at iron palm or iron body. I myself have even said that he seems to have good skills.

The issue with Dale is that he doesn't understand logical reasoning is incredibly unprofessional. I'm legitimately surprised he gets any business from this forum, although I suspect his customers are the timid types who want to align themselves with the scary bully.

Even our beloved Gene Ching calls Dale on his BS.

Dale cannot handle criticism, so he gets mad, challenges people, or changes the subject. He has been doing that for years. And I'm not the first person to notice. Unforunately, it seems he never learned how to handle criticism without getting defensive or trying to change the subject.

He also posts PMs openly on the forum (kind of douchey behavior) and gets called on it. Wouldn't you expect more respect from a IMA instructor who teaches respect?

Can you imagine Dale on a music forum?

Dale: "hey guys, check out this new song my band just recorded."

Poster: "Meh, not really my style."

Dale: "Why don't you come here and say that to my face? I will make you like it!"

Last edited by I Hate Ashida Kim; 09-14-2012 at 03:57 PM.
    "If Ashida wished you to know his real name, I am sure he would write to you and tell you himself." --Danny Sainty

"So, you supposed martial artists, what are you trining for? Who are you training to fight? Apparently no one. Because even in a hypothetical situation, you puss out, Ha! Ha!" --Ashida Kim

You so scared yo alias has an alias.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    This is not a veiled request for compliments

The short story is I did 325# for one set of 1 rep.

1) Does this sound gifted, or just lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    You so scared yo alias has an alias.
    My alias' alias has an alias and he is behind 7 proxies.

And his door is never open. Sorry.
    "If Ashida wished you to know his real name, I am sure he would write to you and tell you himself." --Danny Sainty

"So, you supposed martial artists, what are you trining for? Who are you training to fight? Apparently no one. Because even in a hypothetical situation, you puss out, Ha! Ha!" --Ashida Kim

it depends on what you consider sh!t talking. doesnt matter if someone is right or wrong about a subject or anything really in regards to what is or isnt sh!t talking, but for example, your last post, is most definately sh!t talking. just as an example.

i dont really care one way or the other, im just passing time at work since its really slow. i'm not invested in any way, but i'll still respond because i feel like it.

but this isnt a music forum, its a forum for a particular martial art. that being said, fighting is part of the martial world, in case you hadnt noticed.

i do like your little spinny laughing face tho in your post thats neat.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I think what needs to be teased out are a few things: first off, in regards to that video of Dale being hit, frankly, there are two things that don't work in its favor in terms of showing IB: first, it doesn't look like the two guys are hitting him all that hard; second, Dale is a lot bigger than his two assistants, which most people will interpret as a rationale for why he can take their shots;

the fact that numerous unrelated posters over the years have brought up both of these points strongly suggests that there is some validity to my observation;

that said however, this doesn't necessarily mean anything; for all we know, the two guys were in fact hitting Dale very hard; secondly, just because Dale is bigger than they are doesn't really mean much of anything either - they could still hurt him if the opportunity were there;

therefore, I think that you can't really say much about the video one way or another - it doesn't do a particularly good job of supporting Dale's claim to IB skill but at the same time it doesn't mean he doesn't have it (I mean, he does take their shots without crumpling into a ball and crying);

the key point here, the fact that Dale is willing to allow anyone who doubts his claims to come try it out on him; notice, he's not challenging anyone, he's offering them the chance to come test his claims if they don't believe it; so that at least stands as a counter balance to the video being less than definitive in terms of what it is showing;

as fas as the anonymity bit, I think it's a little bit of a fool's errand, and ultimately not that important; sure, it's dishonorable, possibly cowardly; and what? I mean, even a dishonorable coward can make a valid point; just because someone looks at Dale's vid (or anyone els's for that matter) and asks some pointed and reasonable questions, their ack of identification doesn't invalidate the query; the point is that, as Gene pointed out in his masquerade analogy, some of us go full on nekid (Gene, Dale, Scot Brown, David J.); others of us r semi-nude, having screen names, but not hiding our ID's (myself, HSK Warrior, Sanjuro), and others are fully clothed; and sure, while it's always irritating to deal w someone who spits bile from behind the relative safety of anonymity, at the same time, it's really not that big of a deal now, is it? I mean, people STILL troll on LKFMDC and he hasn't been here for close to a year now - and guess what, it's had zero impact on his livelihood or rep in the circles he travels in;

and Dale, TBH, you do somewhat set yourself up for continued sniping based on how you respond; if you didn't speak to it, I'm pretty sure it would go away much more quickly than not; just don't feed the trolls...

it depends on what you consider sh!t talking. doesnt matter if someone is right or wrong about a subject or anything really in regards to what is or isnt sh!t talking, but for example, your last post, is most definately sh!t talking. just as an example.
    Not really. I made statements and then backed them up with examples.

I didn't swear. I didn't insult. I made a claim and then supported it with proof.

i do like your little spinny laughing face tho in your post thats neat.

Beloved? How sweet, IHAK

Quote Originally Posted by I Hate Ashida Kim View Post
    Now I wouldn't quite say that was calling Dale on his B.S. ('cept for the kilt bit and that's a totally different matter). I've met Dale on several occasions. He's got skills and his company has supported my personal project, the WildAid Tiger Claw Champion, for years. However, I do think he needs to work out his issues with anonymous slanderers. Sure, I agree, it's annoying, but this 22K+ member online discussion forum which has been going for years has never required that anyone be forthcoming about their identity, so asking for such info now is akin to asking everyone to fight Queensbury rules in the Octagon.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    [long post]
    Agreed with pretty much everything to the extent that I didn't feel the need to quote your post and respond to individual sections of it. Great points made through logic and rational thought.

My alias' alias has an alias and he is behind 7 proxies.
    All that for one forum? Seems like a pathetic waste of time since you leave so many obvious clues anyways.

And his door is never open.
    Why, your moms always barging into your room all uninvited and shit too?

Not really. I made statements and then backed them up with examples.

I didn't swear. I didn't insult. I made a claim and then supported it with proof.

not really? but kinda sorta? so pretty much.

thats why i said it depends on what you consider **** talking. i consider the way you say things many times to be a form of sh!t talking. you apparently only consider swearing and direct insults as sh!t talking. thats cool too. but we just differ there with our opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Now I wouldn't quite say that was calling Dale on his B.S. ('cept for the kilt bit and that's a totally different matter). I've met Dale on several occasions. He's got skills and his company has supported my personal project, the WildAid Tiger Claw Champion, for years. However, I do think he needs to work out his issues with anonymous slanderers. Sure, I agree, it's annoying, but this 22K+ member online discussion forum which has been going for years has never required that anyone be forthcoming about their identity, so asking for such info now is akin to asking everyone to fight Queensbury rules in the Octagon.
    But Gene, only people who post their name, address, phone number, and social security number online can make valid points!

Anyone else, no matter how sound their logic or how objectively correct they are, is actually wrong.

One time Isaac Newton posted on a forum about the law of gravity. But people were like "lol, you're wrong." And then he was like "but guys, my name is Isaac Newton!" and suddenly everything stopped floating in the air and immediately fell to the ground as the universe changed itself to accommodate his now-crrect statement. All because he posted his name online!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Why, your moms always barging into your room all uninvited and shit too?
    Leave my mom out of this and I'll leave this (*points to c0ck*) out of your mom

not really? but kinda sorta? so pretty much.

thats why i said it depends on what you consider **** talking. i consider the way you say things many times to be a form of sh!t talking. you apparently only consider swearing and direct insults as sh!t talking. thats cool too. but we just differ there with our opinions.
    Sh!t talking is like insulting or mocking someone.

If I say you suck at kung fu and couldn't fight your way out of a paper bag, that's sh!t talk. If I say you're a dbag, that's sh!t talk. It's generally playful and joking but can sometimes be serious. It's sometimes associated with machismo.

You are correct that it can be the way you say something.

I don't think my post was sh!t talking, though. I made some claims and supported them with proof. How they are interpreted is up to the reader.

Leave my mom out of this and I'll leave this (*points to c0ck*) out of your mom
    You wouldn't say that to me with your main forum account. . .

Nah, that's what I thought.