Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: I Give Up Kung Fu is lost

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    Interesting answers. Thanks, guys. Too many possible legal ramifications to learning bone setting in the U.S. I guess, lol. Oh well... But based on Andy Miles' description, everyone would probably know how to counter the knee dislocation kicks as well then, right?
    Are you guys really trying to have a serious discussion? Nobody is dislocating anyone's knee unless he just stands there or it happens by accident. You cannot dislocate my knee with shin biting because I will not let you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    Hey I'm a big fan of the Mongol Empire...I'm not attacking your position, I'm asking how you arrived at it. Is there more to why you hold this opinion, or are you being contrary for the sake of it?
    this is well known fact from history.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    this is well known fact from history.
    It's also well known that Jiu Jitsu, Karate and Tae Kwon Do originate from CMA, if you follow the history back far enough. But no one argues that they are the same art.

It's also well known that Jiu Jitsu, Karate and Tae Kwon Do originate from CMA, if you follow the history back far enough. But no one argues that they are the same art.
    r u sexy woman wit the yellow hairs? i only explain martial knowledge to sexy womans wit the yellow hairs.

No Bawang I'm an unreasonably handsome man and the order of things is white man/Asian girl, not Asian man/white girl...unless your Cung Le....

No Bawang I'm an unreasonably handsome man and the order of things is white man/Asian girl, not Asian man/white girl...unless your Cung Le....
    or bruce lee
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

then why u have name of woman? u trick me

hey guys hes a PHONY

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    or bruce lee
    Good call...

my answer to ur question is no han chinese was allowed to participiate and watch any form of wrestling, until 1911.

my answer to ur question is no han chinese was allowed to participiate and watch any form of wrestling, until 1911.
    Then I would assume you don't buy the Shuai Jiao is 3000 to 5000 years old story...but do you consider modern SJ and modern Mongolian Wrestling to be different arts?

Then I would assume you don't buy the Shuai Jiao is 3000 to 5000 years old story...but do you consider modern SJ and modern Mongolian Wrestling to be different arts?
    i dont know. i dont train mongolian wrestling. i dont care either. they have nothing to do with chinese martial arts.

Also, being as I don't know much Chinese history...how long was that law in effect? Couldn't have dated back to the countries beginning; and just about every culture did some form of wrestling...do you know when the ban was first enacted?

i dont know. i dont train mongolian wrestling.
    Fair enough...

Also, being as I don't know much Chinese history...how long was that law in effect? Couldn't have dated back to the countries beginning; and just about every culture did some form of wrestling...do you know when the ban was first enacted?
    mongols banned it in 1200s to 1300s then manchus banned it from 1700s to 1911.

So do you think that forced it underground and was a closed door thing, or do you think everyone just followed that rule? China has a long history of going against the state and keeping quiet about it. Instead of protesting and lining up to be slaughtered by the state, they just shut up about it and keep it in the fam. No?