View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1118 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 11861810181068110811161117111811191120112811681218 ... LastLast
Results 16,756 to 16,770 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

we are not insulting shaolin do. we are rebuking them, like a farmer whipping his wild donkey.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Every single one of you who has defended the liar and fraud Sin The is tainted by dishonor by that very fact alone. Furthermore you have all engaged in the very pettiness you now deem beneath you in defense of the obscenity spit upon the face of Chinese martial arts that is Shaolin Do.
    LOL. And as we all know, all CMA are alike. There is no variation, and all styles are doing the exact same thing. There are no family styles whatsoever. There is only CMA and SD, and all CMA is a uniform, unitary system of martial arts. Wing Chun is Shaolin is Hung Gar is Xin Yi Liu He Quan is Chen Tai Chi. It's all the exact same thing, and everyone who practices those styles is a professional of pure quality. Why not go further? Shorin Ryu spits upon the face of Chinese Martial Arts. MMA spits upon the face of Tae Kwon Do.

We get it, dude. you're the ****. You spit upon the face of Shaolin-Do.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Petty insults are orders of magnitude more honorable than anyone who continues to defend Shaolin Do and its founder, the liar and fraud Sin The.

You bring great honor upon your teachers. May the force be with you, always.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post

We get it, dude. you're the ****. You spit upon the face of Shaolin-Do.
    no, we urinate and defecate upon the face of shaolin do. and once in a while we shoot the milk from penus also.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Blog Entries

the shaolin do lizzard style
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Blog Entries
    You bring great honor upon your teachers. May the force be with you, always.
    n u wonder y people rip on shaolin do? the force? really? reality is a bit far off or what?
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

So what are you saying man? The Jedi aren't real? Evidence man, eveidence? You have none! I'll fuck you up with my light saber if you don't take that back!!!

Oh, and my dad can totally beat up all your dads....!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Cup View Post
    Maybe I don't understand what point you're making. That posture IS called cloud hands...

http://learning-tai-chi.info/images/...0tai%20chi.gif
    Well then my teachers had the name of the posture right. The only thing is the flow of the technique is very different than the previous video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Cup View Post
    This statement is inaccurate as I understand it. The story I have always heard is that after challenging an internal MA and getting beaten, GMS asked GMI about it and that's when GMI began teaching him internal styles.

After seeing the specialties of the Chung Yen teachers I actually believe it's highly likely GMS learned his internal styles directly from them.
    You are partially correct. The challenge and question you mention are told by sin the at the end of the story.
    Watch the Dvd's from sin the where he tells the story. I think it was a DVD called " at the feet of the Gand master" this is one of the instances of him telling the story of his supposed introduction to internal. There you can hear from sin the's lips hs account of this story.

I do think it is possible for Chang man chings tai chi CHUAN and jang rong qiao Bagua were known in Indonesia I the 1960's I am not so sure about chen xin jia or hsing I.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Quote Originally Posted by brucereiter View Post
    I do think it is possible for Chang man chings tai chi CHUAN and jang rong qiao Bagua were known in Indonesia I the 1960's I am not so sure about chen xin jia or hsing I.
    For The to have studied both the Cheng Man Qing form and the 24 in Indonesia, there would have to be an amazing circumstance surrounding that, and there would almost certainly be no way for him to learn it from the same person, or even enough time to become good at them.

I think its safe to say he learned the 24 from a book, along with the 4 roads of huaquan and a slew of others in the shaolin do syllabus.

Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
    For The to have studied both the Cheng Man Qing form and the 24 in Indonesia, there would have to be an amazing circumstance surrounding that, and there would almost certainly be no way for him to learn it from the same person, or even enough time to become good at them.

I think its safe to say he learned the 24 from a book, along with the 4 roads of huaquan and a slew of others in the shaolin do syllabus.
    24 and Jiang bagua are the most popular forms of tai chi and bagua in existence. Hardly need a book when everyone and their mother does seminars on them. Besides, they hosted huge tournaments and Sin had his complex. Could have learned them from anyone, since they clearly had connections. The book thing is a bit of a stretch, in my opinion.

Originally posted by Baqualin:

Posted by Baqualin:
    OK guys here you go....collegues
    NAME A.K.A. SPECIALTY
    Ie Chang Ming (Tie Chang Sang Ren) Herbs & Accupuncture ,Iron Bone/palm/shin, Staff, Sword (broad & Jian) Daggers Spear Monkey Drunken Immortals, Se Ch’uan (Snake) Tai Chi Pa Kua Hsing Ie Lu Hsing

Liu Su Peng (Sen Pien Sow) Tai Peng (bird System), Chain Whips Rope Dart

Je Jou (Shiao) Fu Long Fist , Huas, Mantis, Tiger

*#Su Te’ Tju Ta (Little Brother) Mien Ch’uan (Cotton Fist), Chi Qong Meditation ,Ban Lian Hua Kuen

Tju Ta 1988 Tai Chi festival in mainland China did Dbl Mulan Fan

**Qui Kwong (Liem Qui Qwong) Herbs & Accupuncture Chin na, Saio Chao
    **Tjie Tiong (Djie Tiong) Tai Chi Pa Kua Hsing Ie ,Ground Gragon

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    24 and Jiang bagua are the most popular forms of tai chi and bagua in existence. Hardly need a book when everyone and their mother does seminars on them. Besides, they hosted huge tournaments and Sin had his complex. Could have learned them from anyone, since they clearly had connections. The book thing is a bit of a stretch, in my opinion.
    I was addressing the idea that he learned it them in Indonesia in the 1960s, but yeah, he could've "learned" it at a seminar in the 1980s.

And if any of that holds true, then Sin The himself is caught in a misrepresentation, since "Tai Peng Sin Kune" and chain whip, perhaps, came from Liu Su Peng, not Ie Chang Ming.

Which is why I tend to think of SD as a Chinese-Indies art, no ifs, ands, or buts. Can't tell the origins of these styles without speaking to all the individuals involved in Chung Yen. I rather like the art, but I'm growing partial to the Chinese-Indies part these days.

whats up

Whats the deal with Wen shiu he doesnt have a dog in this fight. also SKThe was taught by other teachers prior to GM Ie KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !