View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1169 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 16966910691119115911671168116911701171117912191269 ... LastLast
Results 17,521 to 17,535 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Blog Entries
    Many have said the Fukien Shaolin Temple does or did not exist . I found this reference in the Chy Li Fut History.
    History and Lineage of Choy Li Fut (Cai Li Fo)

Although known as a Southern system, Choy Li Fut 蔡李佛 kung fu has its origins in both Northern and Southern China. The system's founder, Chan Heung 陳享, had three teachers, two from the South and one from the North. Choy Li Fut is one of the few kung fu styles that is strongly influenced by both Northern and Southern Chinese kung-fu, combining the long arm techniques of the South with the quick agile footwork that characterizes Northern China's martial arts.

Choy Li Fut 蔡李佛 was founded in 1836 by Chan Heung 陳享, a well-known and highly-skilled martial artist of that period. Also known as Din Ying 典英 and Daht Ting 逹庭, Chan Heung was born on August 23, 1806 (7 moon 10th day of 1806 of the lunar calendar), in King Mui 京梅 (Jing Mei), a village in the San Woi 新會 (Xin Hui) district of Guangdong 廣東 province. His martial arts career began at age seven, when he went to live with his uncle, Chan Yuen-Woo 陳遠護. Yuen-Woo was a famous boxer from the legendary Shaolin temple in Fujian 褔建, China. From Chan Yuen-Woo, Chan Heung learned the art of Southern Shaolin kung-fu,

Well what about that there was a Fujien Shaolin Temple. That is what GMT said all along. KC
    i have triad information that mentions the location of the shaolin Temple that was burned down published in 1866.

Sin The also said the shaolin temple was burned down in or around the late 1800's. which one was that? the one on Gau Lin San in Fujian burned down in the 1760's. your monkey guy wasn't around then.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 12-01-2012 at 07:05 PM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    this is NO honor amongst THIEVES. period.
    Actually, there is, but if you are not a member of the thief's group, it is unlikely you will experience any of it.

yeah. i've seen hawaiian dancers do that same thing. who else have you seen do it?
    It's just a chain whip. The fire is for show. Being hit in the face with a wide swinging plumb drop hurts enough, fire makes no difference. Fire is used in many performance arts in order wow and dazzle the little people.

Blog Entries
    yeah. i've seen hawaiian dancers do that same thing. who else have you seen do it?
    I've only seen Hiang do it. I've seen Hawaiian dancers use sticks with fire, but not rope. Many Kung fu forms can be compared to a dance. Your style's forms as well.
    What separates them from dances is martial intent. And trust me, unlike sin the, Hiang shows martial intent in everything.

Blog Entries
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    I've only seen Hiang do it. I've seen Hawaiian dancers use sticks with fire, but not rope. Many Kung fu forms can be compared to a dance. Your style's forms as well.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbPsrCZVY4k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw0PCW9Syc4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRPougus9G4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzAoP0cZLEw

actually, only those schools who are all about forms do their forms nice and pretty. my HSCLF lineage has always had a combative approach to ALL of our forms. don't get us mixed up with the other CLF we are all not the same.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 12-01-2012 at 08:56 PM.

You could use a whip with a hollow end piece that has a thin "breakable upon impact" seal and then cover it in some fire retardant fabric. So when you connect, you have a delivery system and an ignition source. Same principle as when you fill and soak a tennis ball in gas then throw it at a wall. Whoosh! A Molotov variation on a chain. Not very useful after the first hit tho.

Otherwise, using fire on a whip is purely decorative. Wallpaper, nothing more...

Blog Entries
    You could use a whip with a hollow end piece that has a thin "breakable upon impact" seal and then cover it in some fire retardant fabric. So when you connect, you have a delivery system and an ignition source. Same principle as when you fill and soak a tennis ball in gas then throw it at a wall. Whoosh! A Molotov variation on a chain. Not very useful after the first hit tho.

Otherwise, using fire on a whip is purely decorative. Wallpaper, nothing more...

this is NO honor amongst THIEVES. period.
    You don't even know what honor is fat boy. Just stfu already you troll! Your CLF is for ****. Cookie cutter **** that everyone does. It's not kung fu . You and your teacher and lineage are a joke and liars too. Shut your @$$ already you ****ing blowhard.

lol. RELAX sweetheart.

I'm still waiting for a SD clip that comes anywhere near impressive. Two minutes on Youtube will show you hundreds of CLF clips and if you have an eye for quality CMA, it won't take long to find a powerful clip. All I've seen on SD clips are flower dancers and LARPers. Show me. Just one. Everyone else has shown good clips of other styles the practice, but none for SD. Hmmm, wonder why?

I'm not even asking anyone to put themselves out there, just show me a clip of ANYONE from SD doing something powerful. Holding your foot in the air does not a fighter make!

i have triad information that mentions the location of the shaolin Temple that was burned down published in 1866.

Sin The also said the shaolin temple was burned down in or around the late 1800's. which one was that? the one on Gau Lin San in Fujian burned down in the 1760's. your monkey guy wasn't around then.
    Is the temple that burned in 1866 at the same location where PRC built the new Southern Shaolin Temple recently, or is it somewhere else?

Blog Entries
    You don't even know what honor is fat boy. Just stfu already you troll! Your CLF is for ****. Cookie cutter **** that everyone does. It's not kung fu . You and your teacher and lineage are a joke and liars too. Shut your @$$ already you ****ing blowhard.
    come to SF and make me girly man. fukkin thief. your mother loves my fat ass. my clf will show you a whole new meaning of pain b1tch boy.

TATTOOED BULL DAGGIN B1TCH BOY

YOU'RE JUST MAD CAUSE YOU GOT DOOPED HAHAHAHAHAHA.....TOO GWAI LO TO EVEN KNOW BETTER

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Blog Entries
    is the temple that burned in 1866 at the same location where prc built the new southern shaolin temple recently, or is it somewhere else?
    what? You didn't read what i wrote?

I said i have information originating from the chinese triads that was founded by the last 5 shaolin monks that survived the destruction of the temple that was burned down in the 1760's.

If there is info about a fujian shaolin temple from 1866, pls post it. And pls, don't post what you heard from shaolin do or sin the. That would be straight up ka ka.

oh my goodness.

Tattooed Monk,

how come you not tell everyone your real name?

Shaolin Do is only for the white people. a few black here and there. but mostly is white people who were played like a fiddle by funny looking asian man.

this kid has a colored belt, not white, so this kid must be more advanced, yes? well, i've seen HSK's students, ones who just started with him and they are way better, i talking about extreme much better than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ1ipDyT4YE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQfV-nEyLhU

this looks like the teacher didn't know what he was doing...looks make up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foDXjaSyQMk

how come what you guys do looks like "paint by numbers" instead of some hard work?

Blog Entries
    LMFAO.....

the guy at 11:35 looks like he's about to FLASH DANCE. lMAO.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foDXjaSyQMk

i can't help but to LMFAO that none of the shaolin do people see the karate in their stuff. its fo FULL of it yet they are blinded by the lie told by Sin The.......hahahahahahahaha
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 12-02-2012 at 07:53 AM.

Blog Entries
    at the 7-22 second mark, you will see high level SHAOLIN DO sparring or fighting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i4Pg-JaZLI

like the song was saying "they're the BEST arounnnnnnnd"

sparring.....or something similar.....LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v7i37wzeDU
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 12-02-2012 at 08:11 AM.