Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: WCK and Ground Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoux View Post
    Are you saying you think the same principles apply to bottom mount as top mount?
    Define a principal and let's discuss it.

Also that background would be helpful and very relevant.
    練功夫的如牛毛
    有功夫的如牛角

“Those who practice gung fu are as numerous as the hairs on a bull’s body, those who actually have gung fu are as few as the horns.”

Trying to be a horn...

I wonder who is going to be better at gouging your eyes out, biting your fingers off, or tearing your ear off, the guy who has learned good basics or the guy who doesn't really understand.
    Yes good basics is key so clearly your question is rhetorical but understanding targets, weapons, opportunity and position recognition gets you through it.
    練功夫的如牛毛
    有功夫的如牛角

“Those who practice gung fu are as numerous as the hairs on a bull’s body, those who actually have gung fu are as few as the horns.”

Trying to be a horn...

@LaRoux for one I don't post videos of my Jiu-Jitsu matches of my students or MMA on my channel because I don't want to give there opponents easy access to study them... But here are 2 videos for you. A male and a female fighter both BJJ, MMA & WC students of mine fighting MMA. It's time you post some videos of yourself or your students to build some credibility for your opinions.,. You have zero so far..

Odyssey Fighter Emily Dawson wins MMA title: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUysStlDr6w&sns=em

Odyssey Fighter Alex Taylor wins MMA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5icrTak-eoA&sns=em

Quote Originally Posted by WingChunNovice View Post
    Define a principal and let's discuss it..
    You know the physics, leverage and angles you were talking about. Do you think the guy on the bottom can utilize those principles the same way the guy on the top can?

The Laws of Physics must be quantified to WHAT you are applying them to.
    In this case, bio-mechanics.
    Striking from standing is different than striking from kneeling, from being on the ground, from being on top, from being on the bottom.
    The principles may be the same, but HOW they are applied AND expressed are different.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Headed back to work here folks. I'll check back later and comment.

/salute

MS
    練功夫的如牛毛
    有功夫的如牛角

Trying to be a horn...

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    The Laws of Physics must be quantified to WHAT you are applying them to.
    In this case, bio-mechanics.
    Striking from standing is different than striking from kneeling, from being on the ground, from being on top, from being on the bottom.
    The principles may be the same, but HOW they are applied AND expressed are different.
    Yes, with proper alignment and body mechanics I can hit pretty hard in a short distance (even from the mount). So I do agree how they are applied and expressed are different ... but they still apply

MS

ok ... back to work for real this time.
    練功夫的如牛毛
    有功夫的如牛角

Trying to be a horn...

Quote Originally Posted by CRCAVA View Post
    @LaRoux for one I don't post videos of my Jiu-Jitsu matches of my students or MMA on my channel because I don't want to give there opponents easy access to study them... But here are 2 videos for you. A male and a female fighter both BJJ, MMA & WC students of mine fighting MMA. It's time you post some videos of yourself or your students to build some credibility for your opinions.,. You have zero so far..

Odyssey Fighter Emily Dawson wins MMA title: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUysStlDr6w&sns=em

Odyssey Fighter Alex Taylor wins MMA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5icrTak-eoA&sns=em
    Your videos gave my position all the credibility it needs.

Notice what you DON'T see in either one of those fights. None of the crappling or bong sao, lop sao, gua choy techniques that Randy was showing in any of the videos we have been discussing.

Thanks.

Smile

Face it fellow martial artists there is no point in asking LaRoue as to his training, ranking or martial arts background. He has none. He obviously sits around watching the UFC and youtube videos and equates that with the real training all of us do. Sad but true.

The last clip was good, the rest were OK, but I am bias against most "armed" defensive training videos I have seen anyways.
    The second to last video, the rifle VS knife one, I am not fond of at all.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by CRCAVA View Post

Notice what you DO see in that fight at the 1:12 mark. The guy on the bottom starts to attempt to shake the guy off over his head. Notice how he ended up getting arm barred because of that.
    Last edited by LaRoux; 02-21-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Are you saying you think the same principles apply to bottom mount as top mount?
    Position is different, laws of physics haven't changed. Momentum, leverage, gravity , ..etc., how you want to apply them will probably change depending on position.

@LaRoux, you are completely missing the point of me posting the fight videos... I posted because you were trying to call me a fraud.. If you want a WC fight analysis video I will make you one right now... Give me a few minutes to put it together for you... Wow you amaze me LaRoux... I've met some hard headed people in my life but you take the cake... Sit tight while I make this video for you. Ill sight over 20 WC applications in my video. When I'm done I wanna see your video of your fights and students so you prepare that for me while I get this for you..

Notice what you DO see in that fight at the 1:12 mark. The guy on the bottom starts to attempt to shake the guy off over his head. Notice how he ended up getting arm barred because of that.
    Disagree. He was very high in back mount. The escape strategy was proper. The execution was slow and he didn't keep constant pressure going in to the top guy, which allowed him to hip out and finish the armbar. He should have kept turning the corner driving into the top guy keeping the facing the same way instead of allowing the perpendicular angle. If he did it right he would push through the arm bar attempt and end up in guard and could start gnp.

The back mounted fighter has decent hip movement and flow - good ground fundamentals so turned losing a position into a submission.

In other words, it was a fight.

Smile

CRCAVA.....Don't waste your time or effort on LaRoux. He is a wannabe, no training, no rank, no nothing as far as anyone can tell. He won't produce any video of him fighting, sparring or even training because he doesn't do any of them. The same as not being able to tell us what he trained in, what rank he has or who promoted him to that rank. All pretty basic questions for us real martial artists. Don't waste any time on him. There are other real martial artists on the forum to discuss technique with.