Thread: Tony Jaa JCVD project

Tony Jaa JCVD project

There's been rumors about this one, but here's some actual photos. Follow the links if you need the memory refresher clips...
    Jean Claude Van Damme and Tony Jaa in One Movie?
    Oh yeah!

By KT Lim 01.02.2013

Remember Van Damme? Or Tony Jaa? If you don't (what?) then let IGN Asia Pacific refresh your memory with these clips. One is from Ong Bak and another is from Bloodsport.

Van Damme (Bloodsport, The Quest) who is a famous for his mid-air split kicking during late 80s and 90s might be work with the sensational Thai star, Tony Jaa (Ong Bak 1-2) together in a flick soon. The Belgian muscle who is last seen as the bad guy in Expendables 2 went to Thailand recently to meet the famous Thai and have spoken about making a movie together with Tony Jaa.

There is a speculation that the chereography might be supervised by a famous Hong Kong star, Sammo Hung. If this is true, it can be quite a funky martial arts movie that is bound to excite the fans of the genre. So far, no synopsis or story is revealed but frankly most people just wants to see some ass kicking martial arts action - not looking for any Oscar worthy plot or pathos here.

Stay tune to IGN Asia Pacific for more chop suey kung fu stuff.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I remember in the '90s when every Hong Kong director's first American movie had to star Van Damme.

It's interesting how, in such a relatively short amount time time, that Tony Jaa seems to already be seen as passé. IMO, Sammo and TJ would work great together, but I'd rather see TJ co-starring with Donnie Yen than JCVD. Although this does have the potential to be good, if done right, meaning with JCVD as the villain.

Ch-ch-ch-changes...

I think Tony Jaa became passé after that embezzlement scandal (see tony jaa is missing). He lost a lot of face within the martial community and among his fans after that.

As for JCVD, well, he totally redeemed himself after JCVD, which just goes to show, there's always hope.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I remember in the '90s when every Hong Kong director's first American movie had to star Van Damme.

It's interesting how, in such a relatively short amount time time, that Tony Jaa seems to already be seen as passé. IMO, Sammo and TJ would work great together, but I'd rather see TJ co-starring with Donnie Yen than JCVD. Although this does have the potential to be good, if done right, meaning with JCVD as the villain.
    if sammo was given someone like tony.. forget about it.. theyd make beautiful music together.. its like being a rock star and getting rick rubin to produce your album.