Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Damage control for Little Nine Heaven/ Sifu James McNeil

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Hmm? I am sure I have seen those ankles in my scope before!
    well then stop looking at the neighbors and start paying more attention to me, ME , ME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well then stop looking at the neighbors and start paying more attention to me, ME , ME!!!
    Are you telling me all this time I have been scoping the WRONG HOUSE!!!!!

Good thing I never took the shot!

I thought your figure was too much of a pear!

Greetings,

I remember reading in an early Journal of Asian Martial Arts an aside in an article that spoke about chi practices that have their origin in monastic settings and their effectiveness when brought forth into society. For example if a style was developed and practiced by those living a vegetarian lifestyle, fully complemented by chi practices and healthy ascetic living, what would happen when it is practiced by the average guy who eats meat, drinks, works, and packs his girlfriend five times a week? Will'it Kill'im?

While chi cultivation is definitely easier when removed from society, when you are in the world and burning your vitality in more ways than one, recuperative and nourishing methods become essential; especially, to the CMA practitioner. It is up to the practitioner to find out what works for him. If swinging things from your stuff does it, then go for it. By the way, Mantak Chia received a lot of heat for putting some of that stuff in print. It wasn't because it was lewd, it was because it was secret.

In this country we are still in the download phase in the transmission of CMA. It is important that we take healthy critical looks at everything we learn. For example, if senior practitioners of a certain style start to level off by the time they hit their thirties, there should be some kind of gathering to discuss it and to look for a method of addressing the matter whether it be through nutrition, chi cultivation, changes in training methods, etc. This was actually done at one kung fu school in NYC Chinatown. Unfortunately, those in the download phase feel the need to preserve the transmission as a means toward understanding. Sometimes understanding requires improvement in order to better preserve the transmission.

Oh yes. I am the first to use the word "pack" in that way.

mickey

Qi cultivation is important part of many styles. You can bring things to the publics attention but not in a negative way. This looks bad not just for the person but also the style and masters before us.

Greetings tanglang63,

Whether it looks bad on not is more of a subjective thing. When it comes to tradition there has been a lot worse that deeply offends styles and masters. Quickly coming to mind is performance Wushu. Yet, it is tolerated. If we were all mindful of traditions and masters, it should not exist. It should have been stamped out a long time ago.

I see it as a simply display of kung, no different from an iron palm demonstration.

mickey

weird, because I see performance wushu as a demonstration of a dance and gymnastic routine.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Violent Designs,

Again, it should have been stamped out a long time ago. The only thing that might be worth salvaging is its basic training.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Violent Designs,

Again, it should have been stamped out a long time ago. The only thing that might be worth salvaging is its basic training.

mickey
    agreed mate.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Quote Originally Posted by tanglang63 View Post
    Qi cultivation is important part of many styles. You can bring things to the publics attention but not in a negative way. This looks bad not just for the person but also the style and masters before us.
    The guy is living the American dream. Hopefully he is rich off of his pen!s hanging teaching. Only in America can you make a living teaching something like this.

I would say that it only looks bad, tanglang, if you associate yourself with this type of teaching. Educate people as they come along.

Quote Originally Posted by chrislomas View Post
    If you disregard the emboldening you did and read the article as a whole, it is a simply an attempt to give many angles and stress the need for tolerance. As for students leaving Sifu McNeil, I know most of his senior students and can't think of any who have recently left.

Tanglang63, it seems a very strange thing to appear on a forum and with your very first post start casting aspirsions about someone (indeed a 'friends' teacher) based on a rather idiosyncratic reading of a something they wrote... Perhaps you would let people know who you are, so as we know you have no hidden agendas?
    Sorry I missed something in this statement. The email I was given had the bolding there. I did not alter any of the letter. Maybe others got a different version?

Wing

Quote Originally Posted by kungfoozer View Post
    The guy is living the American dream. Hopefully he is rich off of his pen!s hanging teaching. Only in America can you make a living teaching something like this.

I would say that it only looks bad, tanglang, if you associate yourself with this type of teaching. Educate people as they come along.
    I met his several of his teachers while on trips to taiwan. Qiao was well known and respected within the community. His training was legit and many other top instuctors learned it. Wonder how he would feel of the art being protrayed this way if he were alive or his other students.

Anybody ever seen this style Hsiao Chiu Tien/ Little Nine Heaven?

Here's a link I found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRkJg...KEp1cw&index=3

Any comments about this school/ or its instructors? The guy in the video seems to know kempo, tai chi, hsing I, pakua, and Tzu men.

there's this new thing called....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I just love google

I Googled and got this. I think these guys are going places.

Apparently they also teach Daoist Lovemaking.

http://littlenineheaven.com/content/classes

What is the "Something Very Special" class they offers? If that is code for "Cambodian Hooker Tour", then count me in.