Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
China has been undertaking unprecedented ecological restoration efforts to deal with its problems of pollution. It has one of the world's largest recycling programs and reforestation programs and is leading the world with the introduction of a carbon tax. It's just the magnitude of China is so huge, that even these efforts aren't enough. That's why I say it's post-apocalyptic. In many ways, China is facing the same kinds of problems we'll see all around the world given projected population growth.

No independent farmer in the PRC has 16,000 pigs.
Nice to hear it's true. At least I hope it's true. For everyones sake. We all need to step up here. I'm pretty surer their were a lot of western consultants that helped frame their version of the EPA.

So if it isn't independent, why is it so hard to identify where they come from? Do they not mark their livestock? I wouldn't be surprised to hear an indy farmer not marking their stock, but a big one? I mean, what kind of food safety program do they have over there? It should be illegal to not tag them.