Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice clip

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Spencer

Can you post a clip of how you would fare under such pressure from an attacking training partner?

GH
    No Graham I can't.

Why?? Because it simply wouldn't happen my friend... how about you??
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    No Graham I can't.
    That figures.

That figures.
    Ha! What 'figures' is that you result to your petty games yet again and have never provided any clips of yourself doing anything, let alone a clip of you coming under such pressures you describe in the clip

Such a girl lol!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Ah! WAIT!! I was wrong...

You have posted this diamond before G... which started it's own mud slinging contest because you couldn't take any critique whatsoever!

http://youtu.be/GwKv5mwPCaI
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Smile This is how I see it:

His confidence is very high which really helps his ‘Joi jeng’ (his power when chasing), but his adjustment within his upper extremities is consistently off to the point that he does take hits as well. His ‘Joi Yin Chi Sao’ or following what goes/shadowing his opponent's movements would be a lot better if he works more with the idea of 'Lat Sao Chi Sao' attacking straight away from the Mon Sao structure before reconnecting to the Look Sao position, but the development of ‘Han kiu’ or walking the bridge would help that a great deal.

He has a strong concept of ‘Mai Jong’ closing up his situation, but keeps running into this problem ‘Sai E Moon’ attacking positions/areas that are already defended which has no openings because of his adjustment problems dealing with his upper extremities. He can create timing, but I see no ‘Por Si Gan’ or breaking of timing. And while using his Fon Sao techniques, it would be nice to see him use ‘Chen Chor Ma’ (bracing defensively) to keep a strong and consistent position of power after a kick or two.

But overall it’s Ok.
    Last edited by Ali. R; 05-01-2013 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    His confidence is very high which really helps his ‘Joi jeng’ (his power when chasing), but his adjustment within his upper extremities is consistently off to the point that he does take hits as well. His ‘Joi Yin Chi Sao’ or following what goes/shadowing his opponent's movements would be a lot better if he works more with the idea of 'Lat Sao Chi Sao' attacking straight away from the Mon Sao structure before reconnecting to the Look Sao position, but the development of ‘Han kiu’ or walking the bridge would help that a great deal.

He has a strong concept of ‘Mai Jong’ closing up his situation, but keeps running into this problem ‘Sai E Moon’ attacking positions/areas that are already defended which has no openings because of his adjustment problems dealing with his upper extremities. He can create timing, but I see no ‘Por Si Gan’ or breaking of timing. And while using his Fon Sao techniques, it would be nice to see him use ‘Chen Chor Ma’ (bracing defensively) to keep a strong and consistent position of power after a kick or two.

But overall it’s Ok.
    Which clip does this refer to?

'Great' movement?? No.

'Good' movement?? Okay I would consider that. Typically WSL family stuff but good all the same.

There is an element of Sifu/student mannerisms in the clip, not a more advanced student against another student. Would be interesting to hear if anyone knows if they in fact are Sifu and student because it will explain a lot.
    What differentiates good and great in this case?

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Which clip does this refer to?
    The Lead and only clip of this thread; and you can see the very solid contact of the student’s great position @ mark: 11, due to the overwhelming aggression of the senior practitioner, who would have done a lot better if he would’ve fought defensively, but did nothing when in that situation and his power would have been more pronounced if he would've fought defensively because he wouldn’t have taken that hit @ mark: 11.

The student pulled two other strikes as well.

The Lead and only clip of this thread; and you can see the very solid contact of the student’s great position @ mark: 11, due to the overwhelming aggression of the senior practitioner, who would have done a lot better if he would’ve fought defensively, but did nothing when in that situation and his power would have been more pronounced if he would've fought defensively because he wouldn’t have taken that hit @ mark: 11.

The student pulled two other strikes as well.
    There is another clip posted in the thread.

At 11 seconds all I see is one guy attempting to get off line while moving backwards as the attacking guy follows quickly with pressure without leaving much time or space for any effective response. I guess it is possible that the defender could have got something off just as he stepped off line, but he didn't, and pressure was quickly back on putting him off balance almost immediately.

I think impossible to say whether it was possible to counter at 11 seconds because the opponent didn't do so and attacker didn't let up pressure
    Last edited by guy b.; 05-01-2013 at 03:02 PM. Reason: addition

You have posted this diamond before G... which started it's own mud slinging contest because you couldn't take any critique whatsoever!

http://youtu.be/GwKv5mwPCaI
    Ok. Thanks for your input.

Such a girl lol!
    Not bad considering you probably think wing chun was created by one.

Ok. Thanks for your input.
    I don't see a problem with that clip? Looks like good student teacher interaction

Smile Everything can be countered which makes nothing impossible

There is another clip posted in the thread.

At 11 seconds all I see is one guy attempting to get off line while moving backwards as the attacking guy follows quickly with pressure without leaving much time or space for any effective response. I guess it is possible that the defender could have got something off just as he stepped off line, but he didn't, and pressure was quickly back on putting him off balance almost immediately.

I think impossible to say whether it was possible to counter at 11 seconds because the opponent didn't do so and attacker didn't let up pressure

I’m sorry, I thought that was a part of his signature (second clip), and the chop on the side of his neck @ mark: 11 is his own hand, I’ve never had glasses before and I’m trying to convince myself that I don’t need them, and after putting them on, I can see that he wasn’t hit @ mark 11.,, a rude awakening and fact that I’m getting old (thank you). But everything else outside of being hit stands.

I see nothing wrong with the clip too, well,,,, it’s okay, but the other statements in which I’ve made about that clip could clearly be seen, and he has the tools to develop all of those things that I’ve mention, unless he has them already and chooses not to express them on a clip.

Take care,

I’m sorry, I thought that was a part of his signature (second clip), and the chop on the side of his neck @ mark: 11 is his own hand, I’ve never had glasses before and I’m trying to convince myself that I don’t need them, and after putting them on, I can see that he wasn’t hit @ mark 11.,, a rude awakening and fact that I’m getting old (thank you). But everything else outside of being hit stands.

I see nothing wrong with the clip too, well,,,, it’s okay, but the other statements in which I’ve made about that clip could clearly be seen, and he has the tools to develop all of those things that I’ve mention, unless he has them already and chooses not to express them on a clip.

Take care,
    Not sure I understand. Can you post the link to the clip you are commenting on please?

If it is the one I posted in the OP then what is your continuing issue with it? Can you elaborate?

Not sure I understand. Can you post the link to the clip you are commenting on please?

If it is the one I posted in the OP then what is your continuing issue with it? Can you elaborate?
    Sure,

I don’t have an issue with anything at all and hope very much that I’m not coming off that way. That is not my intentions to do so, and yes, I’m talking about the clip you put up.

When I’d mentioned that his ‘Joi Yin Chi Sao’ or following what goes/shadowing his opponent's movements would be a lot better if he works more with the idea of 'Lat Sao Chi Sao' attacking straight away from the Mon Sao.

I’m talking about him asking more with ‘Chen Chor Ma’ (bracing defensively), which will make his opponent walk right into his strikes rather than forcing them out, and will give him even more control of his opponent’s fighting lines without bringing his shoulders up and finding more control of his situation with less movements.

‘Say i moon’ attacking positions/areas that are already guarded which have no openings (more at the end of the clip) because of his adjustment problems dealing with his upper extremities.

I was again talking about if he worked more on ‘Haan kiu’ or walking the bridge would help him a great deal because it would also take away the idea of head hunting and making his striking percentage even more higher, and while bringing out the element of counterattacking.

Take care,
    Last edited by Ali. R; 05-04-2013 at 04:56 AM.