Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Connection

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    I wonder if Wayfaring will allow the conversation to move forwards?
    I wonder if guyb's mom will ever let him out of her basement.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    I wonder if guyb's mom will ever let him out of her basement.
    Projecting again.

Projecting again.
    Sounds like he asked and was told no.

I performed a Google search on the following:

eduardo telles principles jiu jitsu

and, surprisingly, was not presented with pages full of black belts slagging off Telles.

About the closest I got to criticism were these:

http://www.aesopian.com/2226/the-bas...ve-the-basics/
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/arch.../t-102710.html
    http://riekiyuwana.wordpress.com/200...lian-jiujitsu/
    http://reapercrew4life.blogspot.com....heroescom.html

I conclude that either:

1 - There is a conspiracy afoot, with dark side SEO hackers aligned with TT suppressing the flood of Telles criticism by black belts world wide

2 - guy b. is talking out of his @$$

Ockham's razor (the simplest possible explanation is the most likely) leads me towards option 2.

I personally feel that if any modern BJJ position violates "the principles of jiu jitsu", it is the 50/50 guard. IMO BJJ is about achieving a dominant position moving to a submission, rather than one in which both have equal options and opportunities.

That said, I play with 50/50 guard. You have to know what to do if someone wraps you up there. And I have a lot of respect for good 50/50 players like Ryan Hall, even if they sometimes spend 8 minutes of a match latched onto the other guy's leg with nothing happening.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    I performed a Google search on the following:

eduardo telles principles jiu jitsu

and, surprisingly, was not presented with pages full of black belts slagging off Telles.

About the closest I got to criticism were these:

http://www.aesopian.com/2226/the-bas...ve-the-basics/
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/arch.../t-102710.html
    http://riekiyuwana.wordpress.com/200...lian-jiujitsu/
    http://reapercrew4life.blogspot.com....heroescom.html

I conclude that either:

1 - There is a conspiracy afoot, with dark side SEO hackers aligned with TT suppressing the flood of Telles criticism by black belts world wide

2 - guy b. is talking out of his @$$

Ockham's razor (the simplest possible explanation is the most likely) leads me towards option 2.
    Nice work rocket scientist. Do your efforts to find things out usually stop at a google search?

I personally feel that if any modern BJJ position violates "the principles of jiu jitsu", it is the 50/50 guard. IMO BJJ is about achieving a dominant position moving to a submission, rather than one in which both have equal options and opportunities.
    Lots of sport bjj violates the principles of jiu jitsu. Telles just happens to be a glaring example.

That said, I play with 50/50 guard. You have to know what to do if someone wraps you up there. And I have a lot of respect for good 50/50 players like Ryan Hall, even if they sometimes spend 8 minutes of a match latched onto the other guy's leg with nothing happening.
    Why would you respect something that is a rarefied sport technique with zero real world applicability?

Phrases like principles of bjj are so vague and broad so that they lack meaning. If a person cannot be more specific like saying exactly what principle is being violated any discussion will come to yes it is no it isn't.

What precisely is Telles doing that violates what specific principle?

While you are at it maybe you can explain why violating some principle is bad if you beat the other guy.

Nice work rocket scientist. Do your efforts to find things out usually stop at a google search?
    If there's the evidence you'd claim for numerous black belts worldwide opinions about Telles, I'd expect that to at least come up with something. Wouldn't you?

I asked you for names and references before I went to Google. Still waiting! C'mon, son!

Lots of sport bjj violates the principles of jiu jitsu. Telles just happens to be a glaring example
    A glaring example only to you and the legion of imaginary anti-Telles black belts world wide that you can cite but cannot name or provide references to, apparently.
    Last edited by anerlich; 05-27-2013 at 11:04 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post
    Phrases like principles of bjj are so vague and broad so that they lack meaning. If a person cannot be more specific like saying exactly what principle is being violated any discussion will come to yes it is no it isn't.

What precisely is Telles doing that violates what specific principle?

While you are at it maybe you can explain why violating some principle is bad if you beat the other guy.
    You think the principles of bjj are vague? I've never heard that before

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    If there's the evidence you'd claim for numerous black belts worldwide opinions about Telles, I'd expect that to at least come up with something. Wouldn't you?

I asked you for names and references before I went to Google. Still waiting! C'mon, son!

A glaring example only to you and the legion of imaginary anti-Telles black belts world wide that you can cite but cannot name or provide references to, apparently.
    I'm still waiting for Wayfaring to answer my question which was asked before his

You think the principles of bjj are vague? I've never heard that before
    I did not say that I said that the phrase is vague. Why don't you tell me what specific principles you think Telles is violating and how what he is doing is violating them?

Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post
    Why don't you tell me what specific principles you think Telles is violating and how what he is doing is violating them?
    Because I am waiting for the mma trolls to answer my question which was asked first before I respond to theirs which was asked subsequently

Because I am waiting for the mma trolls to answer my question which was asked first before I respond to theirs which was asked subsequently
    At this point about everyone on the forum is wondering two things:

1) What question?
    2) Why do you need to wait to answer?

At this point about everyone on the forum is wondering two things:

1) What question?
    2) Why do you need to wait to answer?
    1. Post a clip of the kind of full contact wing chun that you actually approve of and describe why it is better than the HK wing chun clips of training and the same guys fighting the xing yi guys in China
    2. Because that is how conversations work. You don't get to demand answers without answering questions posed to you first

1. Post a clip of the kind of full contact wing chun that you actually approve of and describe why it is better than the HK wing chun clips of training and the same guys fighting the xing yi guys in China
    Nothing to do with thread topic.

However, there is a thread full of WCK fights that is stickied here under "Wing Chun Full Contact Fights". That's what that thread is for. There are plenty of representations of full contact WCK there that are fine. Why is it better than the face dance videos? Because it's real contact, not scaled down and artificial in that it appears more like a dance than fighting.

Now you have no remaining excuses.

2. Because that is how conversations work. You don't get to demand answers without answering questions posed to you first
    Not demanding answers. Asking that you back up sketchy claims that you posted, instead of cluttering up my thread on "Connections" with troll poop.

Nothing to do with thread topic.
    You have been trolling across several threads

There is a thread full of WCK fights that is stickied here under "Wing Chun Full Contact Fights". That's what that thread is for. There are plenty of representations of full contact WCK there that are fine. Why is it better than the face dance videos? Because it's real contact, not scaled down and artificial in that it appears more like a dance than fighting.
    Then post one and answer the question

Now you have no remaining excuses.
    You haven't posted anything

Not demanding answers. Asking that you back up sketchy claims that you posted
    Then back up your own sketchy claims first