Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoes for Bagua

No, those aren't the ones. I couldn't find a picture of the ones I'm talking about. Maybe they don't make them any more. The closest ones I could find to them on the Adidas site were still $120, which is more than I care to spend.

I wasn't trying to say they were cheap, as they are not, but they were certainly more expensive than $10 kung fu shoes or cheap beach shoes. $80 -100 is about all I'll spend on shoes or boots. Anything over that is pushing the limit for me.

For someone who is required to buy shoes that are to be used only in the training area at their school, I still recommend something REALLY cheap because they don't want to be stuck with shoes you can't wear on the streets (like mat shoes, wrestling or boxing boots, etc.).

You know, some of the best shoes I ever had for practice were Nike All Conditions Gear sandles. They were some of the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. After a couple of years, they finally gave out on me. I'd love to have another pair but I haven't seen any like them in a long time. All the others I have seen are too fancy looking and too d@mn expensive.

ba gua shoes

i use the white canvas ones from wing lam they are about 19.95. They are advertised in IKF. Adidas sambas are also very good and i agree with Earth that kwoon is also very good. I am sure if you look around you will find others

DisciplineFootwear.Com

Hands down the best shoe out there.

I was tearing the outsole off of my Nike's doing Ko Bu and Bai Bu all the time, not to mention there was not enough support....

Wrestling shoes were terrbile because of the way the bottoms of the soles kindof wrap under like the sides of a canoe with no good flat bottom.

The Disciplines are like a wrestling shoe with a flat sole like a regular shoe. Light, well made, and provide a good stable base.

Their shoe looks very elite. I think i'll pick up a pair of them and see how they feel! How much do they cost$?

I think mine were in the 60's...... to be honest I don't readily recall.

Bill

I prefer the flat soled scatboarders shoes like Vans or something like that. But I work out wearing everything from time to time to get the feel of the different things on my feet. The hardest thing to wear is a gas mask with full chemgear and flack vest! (I am in the military.)
    I dislike running shoes or basketball shoes though. The slope of the heel feels unnatural.....

Peace

Sinloi

yi beng kan xue