Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary Lam interview

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Of course not. I have made my decision about what I believe to be true and it sounds similar to what you believe. I was jokingly thinking like a relativist. In reality there can be no relativism in wing chun. Some of it is as Yip Man intended and some is..not
    I knew that. You seem to be one of the level headed intelligent ones on here.

It's funny we are attacked from the same angles

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    I have to become a broken record repeating it to my own groups , don't take the hand away ! ; ) don't rotate , face !
    ****ed humans : ) I understand the article pb wrote mentioning the limits being the " human condition " or reverting back to human from VT, we can hope to achieve 75% total assimilation ; ) in a lifetime.
    Yes I am a broken record on a daily basis but there is nothing like reaffirming the goodies lol

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    All that is wrong with WC can be found in this thread.
    Well done guys.
    Well it is now you have piped up!

All that is wrong with WC can be found in this thread.
    Well done guys.
    We are only human ; )

We are only human ; )
    I don't think WC has evolved to that point and this thread, like most of the WC forum, is evidence of that.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Yes I am a broken record on a daily basis but there is nothing like reaffirming the goodies lol
    I need a tape machine with error buttons to push.
    Don't look to pressure arms
    Don't lean
    You turn too much
    Your elbow is out
    You took your hand away
    Relax !!!!!!
    Punch, really punch, come on !!! ; )
    And
    Vu sao !!!!!
    More but ,....

I don't think WC has evolved to that point and this thread, like most of the WC forum, is evidence of that.
    A small faction realize theyre imperfect. : ) myself included.

Given the situation after Yip Man, what do you expect? And what should we do about it?

Don't lean
    You turn too much
    Your elbow is out
    You took your hand away
    Relax !!!!!!
    And
    Vu sao !!!!!
    More but ,....
    LOL....always the f***ing Wu sau!

LOL....always the f***ing Wu sau!
    You ain't got **** without vwu sao !!

Don't lean
    You turn too much
    Your elbow is out
    You took your hand away
    Relax !!!!!!
    And
    Vu sao !!!!!
    More but ,....
    I can't see how people have time for 15 different kinds of power and chi gung methods on top when just the simple things are so difficult. Maybe they are amazingly gifted and I am a physical retard?

I can't see how people have time for 15 different kinds of power and chi gung methods on top when just the simple things are so difficult. Maybe they are amazingly gifted and I am a physical retard?
    Agree, just try the list while moving at high speed of a guy doing as close to perfect as he can after 30 yrs ! If you can throw chi into it and not get your nose broken for it all the better, maybe chi will lessen the pain ; )

Very true. It's hard enough being able to use the fundamentals in sparring never mind anything else. As soon as you start adding things that don't belong the whole system is fooked. These things only appeal to people with funny ideas and aspirations.

Adding chi gung, dim mak, different kinds of power, thinking that one can win a fight by sensing energy in another's arms is really what damages the system. Also adding 100's of different fighting applications is completely wrong. Less is better. Simple thinking, intelligent fighting.

Very true. It's hard enough being able to use the fundamentals in sparring never mind anything else. As soon as you start adding things that don't belong the whole system is fooked. These things only appeal to people with funny ideas and aspirations.

Adding chi gung, dim mak, different kinds of power, thinking that one can win a fight by sensing energy in another's arms is really what damages the system. Also adding 100's of different fighting applications is completely wrong. Less is better. Simple thinking, intelligent fighting.
    The error of arm sensing bs starts at Dan chi sao with the simple words , now feel the opponents arm and block it, elbow ideas have been lost for " feel me , follow you, feeling me ..." : /

The error of arm sensing bs starts at Dan chi sao with the simple words , now feel the opponents arm and block it, elbow ideas have been lost for " feel me , follow you, feeling me ..." : /
    Agreed but prior to that how many people fail to explain the correct reasons for the pushing and pulling of Tan, Fuk, Wu in SLT? The problem quickly starts from the first lesson or even before when Wing Chun is marketed as if this arm sensing game has some sort of benefit in actual combat.