Thread: Gong fu foods

Gong fu foods

Hello
    I was wondering if someone could help out. I've been training for a couple of years, and am looking to change my diet, to something that will help me get the most out of training. Does anyone know of any cool web pages, or masters to talk to? Or books?
    Last edited by Greatsage; 06-19-2013 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes

Real Food: What to Eat and Why

Nutrition and Physical Degeneration

Nourishing Traditions

Those are my top 3 for general nutrition.

If you have digestive or cognitive issues, I suggest reading Gut and Psychology Syndrome.

Chris Kresser, Dr. Chris Masterjohn, and Dr. Stephan Guyenet all run great blogs. Chris's is a range of topics, Dr. Masterjohn writes more about lipid research and traditional diets, Dr. Guyenet writes a lot about the nuances of weight loss and weight gain.

There's also SuppVersity, which is another good science-based blog. They tend to talk about exercise more than others.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

As long as you stay away from these clowns, you should be fine, in general.

edit: I don't read Mark Sisson's blog much, but I'd venture to guess it's at least mostly good. He talks about health as well as fitness topics. The Paleo crowd is big on fitness, usually, so they're probably good targets if you want more and don't mind the grain-free and/or dairy-free recipes.
    Last edited by Kymus; 06-19-2013 at 06:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Mr Kymus,

You have some excellent heavy hitting reality sources there! You are the one!
    I came across Pottinger's work about 01 years ago and he has surely upped the ante that goes against all those dieticians and their admonitions. No doubt some of their stuff is true! Keep up the good work, sr.

Quote Originally Posted by mawali View Post
    Mr Kymus,

You have some excellent heavy hitting reality sources there! You are the one!
    I came across Pottinger's work about 01 years ago and he has surely upped the ante that goes against all those dieticians and their admonitions. No doubt some of their stuff is true! Keep up the good work, sr.
    Thanks Mawali. I do work as a health coach. I'm no biochemist though . Still, from what I've seen, the Weston A. Price Foundation has the best approach IMO.

I haven't read Pottenger's book yet, but if you're interested in more about enzymes, I'd read Dr. Howell's book Enzyme Nutrition. I've read some (I still need to finish it); it's a great resource. Dr. Howell probably knows more about enzymes than anyone, I'd dare say.
    Last edited by Kymus; 06-20-2013 at 03:57 AM.
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

It looks like I will have some new books to add to my ever growing collection. Thanks to both of you Kymus and mawali!

I eat what I can afford.
    Try not to complicate things too much, if history has shown us anything, it's that diets are not going to work the same for everyone.

I eat 1/3s basically 1/3 protein 1/3 fat 1/3 carb

more work? more carb.

that's pretty much it, adjust for your own self, should work for you too.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

buckets of fucking noodles

Thank you Kymus and Mawali.
    Excuse the pun, but lots of food for thought

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    buckets of fucking noodles
    you forgot the potatoes
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I breastfeed.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

I breastfeed.
    lol best thing u'v said all day long, now my co workers want to know why im laughing to myself when im supposed to be doing boring work. im totally working i just know how to multi task cuz im a kungfu guy.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Eat more natural and organic foods rather than using processed and junk foods.
    Eat more raw fruits, vegetables and natural protein foods to get more vitamins and nutrition for the training.
    Last edited by Pierce; 07-13-2013 at 02:00 AM.

Blog Entries
    Put 枸杞子(Fructus Lycii) in hot water and drink it is very good for you. My longfist teacher told me this and he is 86 years old and still going strong.

http://wolfberry.china-direct-buy.co...tus_Lycii.html
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument