Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SLT & Sam Chien

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik
    It is the body structure, power zone, momentum, timing all has to work as one piece and making sense. Not an explanation but all these things has to work and support each others in the same time
    I'm sure practitioners of Bak Mei, Nan Tong Long, Tai Chor, Bai He, etc. would say the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik
    The moment one perform Wck tan sau as karate or white crane side outward block, that no longer Wck because it is never intended for it to work that way. And in fact it doesn't work properly to produce expected result.
    I'm not saying these styles are synonymous or advocating to perform individual technique differently however, one will realise from cross training that a training method does not always equal application. For instance "sideways" techniques as you describe are usually effectively applied with frontal force when moving the body as "one piece".

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    WC can't be understood or explained WITHOUT DOING what it was designed for:
    FIGHTING.
    Period.
    Agree, IMO application combined with individual preference and ability is the source of martial development.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Vernon View Post
    Does Hung Ga's "Iron Wire" form more closely resemble San Chien than SLT?
    Depends, in that Iron wire utilizes triple stretch it resembles SLT, not so much san zhan at all, however the type of force that is developed is quite different between all three.

Between the three SLT develops the softest expression of force, then San Zhan, however Iron Wire develops the hardest force out of any system.

Here is a video of Wuzuquan San Zhan from one of my Sitaigungs. Note how he is shaking with force yet his muscles are not being tensed, he stays very relaxed, not utilizing dynamic tension like many do today.

San Zhan

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Common practice in wing chun. Why do you think nobody agrees?

These are natural systems that are not principle based. Wing chun is the opposite
    That's not a selling point if you compare "track records".
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Isshin Ryu's Sanchin as performed by the founder of Isshin Ryu Karate, Tatsuo Shimabuku.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    Isshin Ryu's Sanchin as performed by the founder of Isshin Ryu Karate, Tatsuo Shimabuku.

--------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks. The winchun
    yee gee kim yeung ma is quite different. I respect sensei Shimbabuku's work

This vid's quite well produced. Showing the Chow Ga Southern Mantis version.

I read this saam chien info on Planet Ving Wing Tsun FB page. Also has video demo which do not look to work like Wing Chun.

"yeah check this this out, another of kenneth lin xiang fuk's seniors speak on lin's modified 5 Ancestor Sam Chien history.

Sanjaya Payangka

Lower sam chien was created by The Great Grand Master Kwee King Yang himself and still being practiced at Surabaya, Indonesia by his students untill now.. He modified the basic samchien from Wu Zu Quan after he met Tjia Pun Jiao a Grand Master from China when he was around 50 y.o.. Although his sam chien is similar to ngo cho kun, the use and power is totally different..

See lin's claimed sole inheritor of black flag bs demostrate here. i dont see Wing Chun.
    Shifu Thio Tek Kwie"

I am agree that I do not see any Wing Chun there. Then post from there is Shaolin Boxer share video demo how Kenneth Salim mixing up Saam Chien with Ip Man style Cham Kui form use to be taught in UK I think.

"Secret eng chun form or recent ancestor system mixed with wing chun , research proves its a money spinner and theres only one winner
    Sinking Bridge Form"

Lin Salim very disregard teachings of Ip Man and Kwee King Yang to mixing his personel ideas to sell to customer claim to be legit, but he only having 8 classes in Chung Che Man Vikoga Wing Chun + only few month of Ng Cho Kune Saam Chien. How is he become grand master after 8 lessons + few month of Saam Chien study with Thio Tek Kwie? Unsure how he to be qualify as a GM of anything. What do u think?

Here is a vid from a elder of Kwee King Yangs 18 Lohan Hand explain there is no WC in their teaching only some one add after.
    A Tribute To GM Kwee King Yang of the 18 lohan Hand system

This blog also explain elder connection info and support that video. http://protectingrealshaolin.wordpress.com but what to believe?