Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: white crane stepping chart

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minghequan View Post
    Now to the diagram, look closely and it should be obvious where the stepping patterns are.
    Are you supposed to step in a circle along circumference on the inside of the circle or cut triangular angles along the 8 cords/lines that overlapping the diamond and square?

This diagram is exactly the same as I have from an old White Crane book!
    what's the name of the book, and which style of fujian white crane is it on?

also is there a diagram on the plum blossom footwork in there as well?

That sounds interesting. Please tell me your discoveries and thoughts!!!
    wing chun is a synthesis of Fujian white crane shape and snake body.
    some components which wing chun retained from Fujian White crane includes:

1. Center Line principle

2. Five element hands

3. footwork (meridian, triangle, plum blossom, baat gwa)

4. 8 Energies Sinking (Chum), Swallowing (Tun), Floating (Fao), Spitting (Tao), Pouncing (Pou), Lifting (Ti), Throwing (Shuai), Springing/Rebounding

Hendrik Santo has done some great research on this.
    Last edited by kung fu fighter; 07-23-2013 at 07:36 AM.

Blog Entries
    thanks for the reply SKM

Quote Originally Posted by SKM View Post
    The footwork sets the other person up where they see it coming and there is nothing they can do to stop it. It is check-mate.

You actually have two Fighting Circles- The inside Five Star/Seven Star, and the outside Moon Circle. The inside is an offensive Fighting Circle and the outside is an evasive Fighting Circle. Forget the Trigrams and all the philosophy. It has nothing to do with fighting science which has two stages- 1) Learn that you cannot get hit (outside Fighting Circle) and 2) Learn to check-mate/hit (inside Fighting Circle).
    So would you say "the inside offensive Fighting Circle" is the equivalent to cutting off the ring (George Foreman/Mike Tyson) footwork in American style boxing, and "the outside evasive Fighting Circle" is equivalent to circling (Muhammed Ali) footwork in American style boxing?

Is this diagram from Tibetan white crane or Fujian white crane?

http://whitelionkungfu.files.wordpre...can3-copy1.jpg

Is this the inside circle stepping that your are referring to?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iStiduwjAeo
    Last edited by kung fu fighter; 07-23-2013 at 10:16 PM.

Are you supposed to step in a circle along circumference on the inside of the circle or cut triangular angles along the 8 cords/lines that overlapping the diamond and square?
    My colleague SKM has explained this quite well!

what's the name of the book, and which style of fujian white crane is it on?

also is there a diagram on the plum blossom footwork in there as well?

wing chun is a synthesis of Fujian white crane shape and snake body.
    some components which wing chun retained from Fujian White crane includes:

1. Center Line principle

2. Five element hands

3. footwork (meridian, triangle, plum blossom, baat gwa)

4. 8 Energies Sinking (Chum), Swallowing (Tun), Floating (Fao), Spitting (Tao), Pouncing (Pou), Lifting (Ti), Throwing (Shuai), Springing/Rebounding

Hendrik Santo has done some great research on this.
    Yes I am aware of this. If you are looking to re-introduce or reverse engineer these concepts into your Wing Chun would it not simply be better to study Fuzhou White Crane as the source of this material??? Just a thought!

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Minghequan;1240911]

[/QUOTE

which styles of fujian white crane are these book on?

Is there a diagram for the plum blossom footwork in there as well?

If you are looking to re-introduce or reverse engineer these concepts into your Wing Chun would it not simply be better to study Fuzhou White Crane as the source of this material??? Just a thought!
    “I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” -Bruce Lee

I would love to study our mother system Yong Chun white crane as well as other great systems of kung fu, but unfortunately i only have so much time to devote to martial arts training, and rather than spread that time over multiple systems. i prefer to focus it on one.

I am not necessarily looking to re-introduce these concepts into wing chun, they are already there. just looking for confirmation based on my research into the different linage of wing chun. For example fut sao wing chun has a forth form called siu baat gwa which is devoted to baat gwa footwork training, and some of it's footwork patterns can be found in all other WC linages, but one cannot.

Blog Entries
    Is this the inside circle stepping that your are referring to?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iStiduwjAeo

Quote Originally Posted by SKM View Post
    Hello. The form starts with Hop Gar version of two step den choi on the circle. The rest of the form is working the inside or the outside of the square with triangle in and out on the corners of the square. There is also a sup ji pattern used to get from north to south with diagonal strikes. Two shapes in this form- square and triangle. It is a nice form.
    SKM
    Actually the form works however you want it. That's my sihing rob, a beast by the by. But yeah, our lineages single wing flip forms footwork changes each and every one you do the form.