Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pole

Of course you did. In this lovers' tiff you need ammunition to throw back at me.
    LOL. So true
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    What!???

How long have you been training?
    I didn't learn the pole form for a very long time. Drills and exercises, sure, but not the form or chi-kwun training until after I left LT. Actually that was a good thing. The guy that taught me is very good and didn't charge me an arm and a leg like LT would have.

I personally believe the pole form should be taught earlier and to more people, so it could be included in standard training with a variety of partners.

So when are the pole techniques taught in the PB/WSL system?
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

Actually that was a good thing. The guy that taught me is very good and didn't charge me an arm and a leg like LT would have.
    Oh what's this? That other LT guy said LT charged respectable prices

I personally believe the pole form should be taught earlier and to more people, so it could be included in standard training with a variety of partners.

So when are the pole techniques taught in the PB/WSL system?
    It depends on the student.

Oh what's this? That other LT guy said LT charged respectable prices
    'Location, Location, Location,' as the saying goes
    No mocking, tongue-in-cheek signature here... move on.

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT View Post
    'Location, Location, Location,' as the saying goes
    I admire the fact you are sticking up for LT but you seem to give a different account than anybody else. Maybe you are special

I admire the fact you are sticking up for LT but you seem to give a different account than anybody else. Maybe you are special
    I am special!

For sure, the WT organization is generally speaking not the cheapest way to learn the art.

If you are in Western Europe, it is very expensive. If you are in Eastern Europe, much less so. I know people who spent extended periods (2+ months, each year) in Hong Kong and the cost of lessons with Leung Ting (both class and private) were not really any more than other top Sifus.

To be honest, Leung Ting is far less business minded than KK, despite what many think.

I'm telling you Graham, the people you are speaking to are the wrong people (with the exception of Grumblegeezer, who sounds like a good egg... ).

I'm telling you Graham, the people you are speaking to are the wrong people (with the exception of Grumblegeezer, who sounds like a good egg... ).

I have seen "private" footage of Leung Ting teaching plus what I've seen in the media. I've read his book. I've talked to a lot of people that have had contact with him and based my opinions on that. I've been in the same room as him although I've never had any contact. I don't like his ideas but that's my opinion. It's no big deal. If KK is damaging LT's name then he's doing a pretty good job. I've seen his students teach the dummy and the student has had to and large wads of cash over before he will teach anymore. I steer clear of WT. There are many bad eggs there. You may be an exception but the fact that you have no long pole after 4 years and you are happy about it rings my alarm bells.

Yep. A good egg. ...and I'm special, too!
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

The form in the video should be Ban Jung Wing Chun. This is Mainland Weng Chun/External spring Fist. She is a student of Ivan Rouznek. I will ask him to be sure, as he had learned several lineages over the years..

Best regards,
    Xian

Quote Originally Posted by Xian View Post
    The form in the video should be Ban Jung Wing Chun. This is Mainland Weng Chun/External spring Fist. She is a student of Ivan Rouznek. I will ask him to be sure, as he had learned several lineages over the years..
    Best regards,
    Xian
    Thanks for the info, Xian!

According to Ivan it is a slightly modified version of the Ban Jung pole.

Best regards,
    Xian

WC pole Form?

The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Wasn't this covered in another thread?

The family probably have a form of sorts but nothing too new anymore but definitely something worth looking into. Think this was one of Sergios promotions?? But maybe someone else can chime in...
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Regarding the pole form more generally, has any one found much import to double laps and arm and body control of the opponent? I was practicing something recently and many of the movements from the pole cropped up, tis why I ask..

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    Regarding the pole form more generally, has any one found much import to double laps and arm and body control of the opponent? I was practicing something recently and many of the movements from the pole cropped up, tis why I ask..
    The pole holds many little secrets regarding any manipulation method like Lapsau but it may depends on what and how you learn the pole.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術