Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: full contact wing chun

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    you would hope so, however its amazing that all those cameras that are around when the forms are being done, and the chi sao steering wheel is being turned get majically turned off when the sparring happens
    Think for a moment

how convenient is that...and its amazing that all these bickering lineages can agree to that commandment isn't it when they can't agree on anything else
    ...christ what is this the 18th century people are happy to show forms applications chi so etc but think their spirit will be stolen if a clip of action sparring is put out there
    Clips of actual fight team training from MMA teams are also strangely absent. Likewise fighter training from boxing gyms. Demo and exhibition footage abounds. Why is this do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    So, you guys don't allow sparring clips because you're only good at forms and chi-sau? That's disappointing.
    You just said you don't allow them either, lol?

You won't even say where you train so not sure you have much to say to Graham

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Clips of actual fight team training from MMA teams are also strangely absent. Likewise fighter training from boxing gyms. Demo and exhibition footage abounds. Why is this do you think?
    Are you stating that we don't have any footage of MMA fighters and Boxers training ?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

You just said you don't allow them either, lol?
    I did? Who am I disallowing?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Are you stating that we don't have any footage of MMA fighters and Boxers training ?
    They generally allow you to film what they want you to see. They aren't posting strategic training for upcoming fights on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Not magically. Filming or uploading clips of sparring is "not allowed"...
    Here, you say you don't allow clips of sparring to be uploaded

They generally allow you to film what they want you to see. They aren't posting strategic training for upcoming fights on youtube
    ARe you actually comparing what we have in terms of videos showing boxers, MMA, Thai fighters, etc training and fighting full contact with what we get from WC gusy that post videos?

Here, you say you don't allow clips of sparring to be uploaded
    Notice "not allowed" was in quotations. I was quoting the PBVT organization. They said it's not allowed. Not me.

ARe you actually comparing what we have in terms of videos showing boxers, MMA, Thai fighters, etc training and fighting full contact with what we get from WC gusy that post videos?
    I think his point is even more misguided than that he is trying to equate mma coaches not wanting an opponent to see how they are preparing for him specifically with wing chun im general not wanting anyone to see how they fight. What does he think a mugger is going to do...look him up on YouTube first before attacking him?/?????
    There are plenty of mma Thai and boxing sparring clips..
    Just look up mikes gym and you will see the like of Daley and meonoff sparring.

Doesn't mean now you know how they fight you can stop them hitting you though lol
    Last edited by Frost; 08-29-2013 at 06:47 AM.

Fcukin hilarious!!!! maybe you failed to notice that theirs is a competitive environment where they are about to fight , or maybe you missed the bit where the actual fight is filmed and available to view, or the sh1t load of videos of sparring in Thai, MMA and boxing gyms across the world available online.

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoux View Post
    That's pretty much the only time pure wing chun works against a resisting opponent.
    WTF is pure wing chun??? let me guess your a JKD fanboy

Training is not fighting. There are clips of boxers, MMA fighters and Thai fighters fighting because these are fighting sports and the aim is to fight according to the rules in front of spectators. Real training videos of fighters are much more rare. Mostly you see demos and exhibitions.

You don't see fighting clips of wing chun because wing chun is not a fighting sport filmed for the entertainment of paying customers. You don't see wing chun training clips (apart from the most basic) for reasons previously discussed.

I think his point is even more misguided than that he is trying to equate mma coaches not wanting an opponent to see how they are preparing for him specifically with wing chun im general not wanting anyone to see how they fight. What does he think a mugger is going to do...look him up on YouTube first before attacking him?/?????
    There are plenty of mma Thai and boxing sparring clips..
    Just look up mikes gym and you will see the like of Daley and meonoff sparring.

Doesn't mean now you know how they fight you can stop them hitting you though lol
    What you see is what the people in question want you to see, i.e. what is not damaging to them. This is the same for any martial art or fighting sport. MMA is no different to wing chun in this respect.

Training is not fighting. There are clips of boxers, MMA fighters and Thai fighters fighting because these are fighting sports and the aim is to fight according to the rules in front of spectators. Real training videos of fighters are much more rare. Mostly you see demos and exhibitions.

You don't see fighting clips of wing chun because wing chun is not a fighting sport filmed for the entertainment of paying customers. You don't see wing chun training clips (apart from the most basic) for reasons previously discussed.
    And yet WC people have no problem putting up clips of no contact, light contact and just plain crappy sparring, not to mention chi sao and any compliant clip you can think off.

I can't believe we are still throwing around silliness like "real fighting".
    Where I come from a real fight is any altercation where the guy is trying to knock your teeth out, even more "real" is when he actually KNOWS how to fight too.