Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Thread: WSL on LSJC

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT View Post
    Yes, it does train the elbow for the punch.

This is the aspect PB teaches. Like I said, I think his VT focuses on simple aspects and trains this aspects to a high degree.

But there is more. Muscle work, joint work, tendon work, etc.
    What is this joint work, tendon work for?

How does PB avoid training these aspect that you think exist?

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    The initial intent was to strike an open target. When I am foiled in that attempt the keun kit saying takes over and I use the opponent's response to continue my attack rather than let it stop me. That is not arm-chasing.
    Again, this only covers the first phrase, as you interpret it. "When a bridge appears, cross it". How do you interpret the second phrase; "When there is no bridge, create one yourself"?

As you already said, 'bridge' to you means "connection". The phrase says to create it yourself. So you create the connection yourself? If you throw strikes and your opponent responds, the obstruction was created by them. Not by you. So how do you explain the second phrase?

Whether you do it or not, your interpretation means you create connection yourself when there is none. That is looking to make arm contact, which is arm-chasing. If that's not what you're doing, then you've just misinterpreted the phrase into something that suggests arm-chasing. Many others with the same interpretation are in fact arm-chasers. So your analogy is not only wrong, but harmful.

That wasn't the point at all! The point was that you were treated in that discussion exactly as you have treated me, and you didn't like it one bit!
    I don't mind if people disagree with me, as long as they make logical arguments for their case. I will simply continue to offer mine. They never upset me. You seem a little mad though. You mad, bro?

Don't ask for someone else's perspective on something if you are unwilling to consider it with an open mind and just want to turn it into a fight.
    Don't offer your perspective assuming everyone will accept it. I heard your explanation but don't agree with it, and still think you haven't explained away your arm-chasing problem in your interpretation of the phrases, even if that is not what you are actually doing in application. I can only assume that's what you're doing because others with the same interpretation and analogy for 'bridge' are arm-chasers.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Ray View Post
    "Aspect".

Philipp Bayer teaches WSLVT He hasn't stripped out anything or only teaches asoects of VT.

Now we have "Muscle work, joint work and tendon work".

Can you not even consider that these ideas, are actually LT ideas, that were never part of the simple direct system of VT. ?
    If PB doesn't teach it he either chooses not to, or didn't learn it.

The methods are not complicated - just require hard work. These methods exist in various Wing Chun lineages. If not in PBVT, then okay - you don't have them.
    No mocking, tongue-in-cheek signature here... move on.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post

For? For getting force out - releasing. How? Think about it. Why? Why do you think? C'mon. If you've trained other Chinese systems, it is all quite obvious.

How does PB avoid training this aspect? Well, as his students don't do it... I can only guess he doesn't teach it.

For? For getting force out - releasing. How? Think about it. Why? Why do you think? C'mon. If you've trained other Chinese systems, it is all quite obvious.

How does PB avoid training this aspect? Well, as his students don't do it... I can only guess he doesn't teach it.
    Comical idea.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post

Well theres a chap called Sum Nung that had opinions about tendon altering/changing to enhance his WC

Just a reminder, the world does not revolve around WSLVT

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Again, this only covers the first phrase, as you interpret it. "When a bridge appears, cross it". How do you interpret the second phrase; "When there is no bridge, create one yourself"?

As you already said, 'bridge' to you means "connection". The phrase says to create it yourself. So you create the connection yourself? If you throw strikes and your opponent responds, the obstruction was created by them. Not by you. So how do you explain the second phrase?

Whether you do it or not, your interpretation means you create connection yourself when there is none. That is looking to make arm contact, which is arm-chasing. If that's not what you're doing, then you've just misinterpreted the phrase into something that suggests arm-chasing. Many others with the same interpretation are in fact arm-chasers. So your analogy is not only wrong, but harmful.

I don't mind if people disagree with me, as long as they make logical arguments for their case. I will simply continue to offer mine. They never upset me. You seem a little mad though. You mad, bro?

Don't offer your perspective assuming everyone will accept it. I heard your explanation but don't agree with it, and still think you haven't explained away your arm-chasing problem in your interpretation of the phrases, even if that is not what you are actually doing in application. I can only assume that's what you're doing because others with the same interpretation and analogy for 'bridge' are arm-chasers.
    So. My overall conclusion? Yes. You are dense.

Yes, I am closely compacted in substance.

@KPM

You are another in Augastine Fong's line, right? Not too long ago we had a breakdown of some of his clips with I think forum member "WC1217" or whatever. One of the bigger arm-chasers I've ever seen with his voluntary method of letting the opponent rotate him as he turns to face the attacks, jumping from arm to arm.

If you've trained other Chinese systems, it is all quite obvious.
    Hendrik also tried to validate his wing chun using shuaijiao. This is something that would need to be done by someone who is making things up or just doesn't understand the system itself, for lack of instruction or whatever. So they look to other TCMA and say 'well, they do it'. Well, what they do is irrelevant. It is not wing chun.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Well theres a chap called Sum Nung that had opinions about tendon altering/changing to enhance his WC

Just a reminder, the world does not revolve around WSLVT
    You know how it is - if WSL or PB didn't say it, it simply cannot exist.

Heck, they sometimes get confused about the things WSL did say!

But of course it's entirely possible to train VT without such things. These guys can train however they wish. It's just funny how they ask others to be open minded and in the same breath rule out aspects of training found in various WC/VT/WT lineages.

Hendrik also tried to validate his wing chun using shuaijiao. This is something that would need to be done by someone who is making things up or just doesn't understand the system itself, for lack of instruction or whatever. So they look to other TCMA and say 'well, they do it'. Well, what they do is irrelevant. It is not wing chun.
    I am talking not just of other Chinese systems, but also other Wing Chun systems. Some of which Yip Man went to, to enhance his knowledge. Feel free to ignore this fact or say it is pointless - even though YM himself clearly made the effort for a reason.

I don't see you abandoning Poon Sau - this also was something additional that YM added from Yuen Kay San.

You can always just go back to punching, eh?
    Last edited by BPWT; 09-01-2013 at 08:38 AM.

I don't see you abandoning Poon Sau - this also was something additional that YM added from Yuen Kay San.
    Stories

Stories
    Denial.

Denial.
    I smell something and it ain't nice