Quote Originally Posted by Faux Newbie View Post
I actually used the audio stuff for a while, I didn't follow the course, I just needed audio material that was between intermediate and advanced, and, among other programs, that one helped out. I was working in a plant that allowed ipods, so I had something like thirty hours of Chinese. Different podcasts, stuff like that.

Anyway, slow-chinese was pretty good. Even though I wasn't following their course as much as using the audio to hear more Chinese, they did seem better about making the progression sensible than a lot of other podcasts do. I'd lived in China a bit before when I listened to them(I was in the US while listening), so I was in a weird position where audio of Chinese was either way too basic for me, or pretty much newscasts(newscasts in Chinese could not be spoken faster).

Anyway, always liked that one. There was another podcast, from Beijing, that was good, but seemed to skip the whole "not intermediate, but not fluent yet, either" phase. Can't remember the name of it now, it tended toward comedic material. This is going to drive me nuts. I think it was the most used of the Beijing courses at the time. Oh well.

Going back in a few months for at least two years. It'll be nice, my Chinese is at a point where more classes are a bit pointless, though I need to find more excuses to write, which is probably my weak point now.
It would be a nice addition if they offered the audio at normal conversation speed in addition to the slow. I'm really liking the new posts and that they removed the old text book lessons so it's all original content now. I find that some of the lessons make for really entertaining topics when practicing with people, especially the ones on internet slang.