Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is Robert chun and Jim Rosalendo were given credit in sifu Sergio YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    On the other hand I'm pushing towards 60 and have sustained some nasty injuries to my legs which leave me a bit crippled up.... so all you younger guys look athletically gifted to me. I only feel young when I visit Joy. The down side of that, is that then I feel ignorant (that guys got a real wealth of experience).
    I hope I'm still going strong like Joy when I reach his age. But really, Joy isn't old!

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    If you have done a great job , I will praise you too. That simple .

If you have made positive contribution to the Wck community I will bow you with respect. That is my practice.

So, Everyone is equal , and will be praise and respect if done great job.
    I am not a Wing Chun History researcher, my work is in other fields of study, non-martial art related. Those of you who are spending time in China meeting up with the remaining old masters, following leads and inspecting and translating documentation, in essence: going beyond the mythological and hearsay... you guys, including Rene Ritchie and Sal Calzoneri (?) and others. When I got into Wing Chun there was only the myth being offered as to the origin of the style. So what if WingChun has an esoteric "Zen"-like internal foundation? Don't the earlier formation of Taoist "internal styles" embrace this same equilibrium of spirit?
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 03-13-2014 at 08:08 PM.

Seriously , English is my forth language and it is difficult to translate Classical Chinese logic to western logic.
    There is nothing wrong with your English, its your crap attitude that's the problem.

Have a look at this......

Sifu Sergio is certainly a very special westerner wcner who is willing to open his eyes to see the facture reality and keep improving himself
    What exactly does that mean?
    Thats he is a "special westerner" because he agrees with you?????? Is he a good boy is he?
    Only the Chinese guys get it do they?

So because i dont, what does that make me? A slightly retarded westerner????

Honestly, your racist overtones to prove your point are repulsive at best

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    There is nothing wrong with your English, its your crap attitude that's the problem.
    Seriously , English is my forth language and it is difficult to translate Classical Chinese logic to western logic.
    Have a look at this......

Sifu Sergio is certainly a very special westerner wcner who is willing to open his eyes to see the facture reality and keep improving himself
    What exactly does that mean?
    Thats he is a "special westerner" because he agrees with you?????? Is he a good boy is he?
    Only the Chinese guys get it do they?

So because i dont, what does that make me? A slightly retarded westerner????

Honestly, your racist overtones to prove your point are repulsive at best
    What he's saying is the westerner Sergio arrives in HK like a cowboy to save the Chinese people because they can't figure out there own history. The Chinese culture owns so much to this western for restoring the lost Chinese history is ridiculous.

here's my contribution for looking up decades old research.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_VxBzCThkA
    Sifu Sergio story is fake
    The history of Sergio I. is fake.
    Here is the real story of Ip Man and Chu Chung Man.
    Sergio change the history in his marketing benefit.
    Told by Wang Kiu 1992 The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    Hmm. I've never met Sergio. But sometimes I get the feeling that he keeps jumping from lineage to lineage to distinguish himself and his organization from the competition. For a long time what his guys were showing on youtube looked just like the Leung Ting /EWTO and EEWTO stuff that's all over Europe. And he had some stiff competition in that group (just ask BPWT). So he had to find a new shtick. By cherry picking from each newly discovered "ancient" or "original" lineage that comes into the spotlight, he has apparently done pretty well for himself.

To be fair, I believe he is probably genuine in his curiosity about WC's roots. And, Sergio does seem to be a quick learner. When I watch him do the LT stuff, I gotta admit he mimics LT's technique way better than I ever could. He also went to the Philippines a couple of years back and studied privately with my old Escrima teacher, Rene Latosa. Again he seemed very quick on the uptake. On the other hand I'm pushing towards 60 and have sustained some nasty injuries to my legs which leave me a bit crippled up.... so all you younger guys look athletically gifted to me. I only feel young when I visit Joy. The down side of that, is that then I feel ignorant (that guys got a real wealth of experience).
    Absolutely! I think Sergio loves Wing Chun, is obsessed with it (which is great)

But it is funny, as he tries to distance himself from LT by saying that the LT system, and the Yip Man system as a whole, is only part of a wider Wing Chun world.

It's funny for two reasons.

Firstly, what he teaches is actually mostly the Yip Man system with info/tech added in from other lineages - and when he says "Yip Man Wing Chun system", that really means - in his case - LT Wing Tsun, as that is the system he studied for many years.

Secondly, he advocates that people look "outside of the Yip Man box" to see what else is there and to see not just what Yip Man taught to different people, but to look at what Yip Man himself was taught by his own contemporaries... which of course is history repeating, as LT was saying this and doing this in the late 70s.

Much of Sergio's research is him treading in LT's footsteps. It's a good thing, however, as in our Youtube age it means he can do what LT never could... he can video his meetings with people and in the blink of eye make it available publicly... so we should all thank Sergio for that.

So he does what he does because he genuinely wants to learn and to share, but he also does this because it differentiates him from others and helps him expand his business (his organisation, his upcoming book, his various series of DVDs, etc). So in terms of marketing and money-making, he took more than a few ideas from Leung Ting too

It is still not easy, in Europe, to get the LT system as LT teaches it... but it is slightly easier today than it was, say, 10-15 years ago. So back in the early 2000's, Sergio pitched his organisation as teaching the real LT system. This was what many in Europe wanted, so he grew his organisation to several thousand members. As it became clear that he really didn't have a monopoly on this, he started to inject 'new' things into his teaching.

If you look at the language he uses on his website, the message is as clear as day. Essentially, he's saying: he teaches what others don't know, he has access to people others don't have access to, he has discovered things that others couldn't/haven't, he learns certain things from people he won't name/reveal... but he teaches all of this to you if you are part of his organisation. Basically, the message is that he can give you something no one else can (and this means Wing Chun, spiritual teachings, success coaching, etc).

He's a great salesman (as well as being skilled in Wing Chun). I heard (rumour) that one of the reasons he left LT's organisation was because he wanted to be the chief LTWT instructor for America, but that LT wouldn't give it to him as LT thought Sergio's rank was not high enough for such an undertaking.

Looking back, this was probably a bit of a mistake from LT (he's made many such mistakes, in truth). Sergio would have been the perfect person to have taken control of the US market and spread the LT system there. His dedication and zeal, combined with his marketing approach, would have grown the organisation to a huge size.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    And you show some respect for all the folks on here that just dont blindly agree with you.

By making friends with Sergio, connecting yourself with Robert and dropping J.Roselandos articles (where he said that MAYBE this is the history) on this forum does not add up to evidence.

For gods sake, that first article is pure conjecture based on a vivid imagination
    Thank you GlennR. Guess I'm not a lone wolf after all.

Could you show respect for those who contribute positively to Wck community and share?

What have you contribute positively ?
    All you contribute to is confusion and trying to take wing chun in the wrong direction. You do not even practice wing chun. You are afraid spar. You are afraid to meet any wing chun people who might ask to spar and will only meet with non threatening like minded people. How in the world can you think that you have anything but a very very very superficial understanding of wing chun. Understanding comes from performance not from anything else. You don't learn to box or understand boxing through practicing breathing exercises outside the gym.

Hey Hendrik do you mind clarify this one instead?

A week ago comment under Sifu Sergio video part 2 relating wck origin.
    ================================================== =

He intentionally makes use of other name and change the year from 1890 to 1894 making a confusion. to new people under Sifu Sergio. However people here should know the year 1890. What for ?

Is his interpretation of scwc kuit correct ? Why he changed the kuit meaning. He leads a lot of misunderstanding to others.
    He made a public announcement here that not learning any from SCWC, and doesn't know anything from SCWC. Today, why he brings a lot of snake crane lineage related things out on the Kung Fu magazine forum and utube to represent his understanding on what SCWC is. He doesn't have any right to use SCWC kuit and change the ORIGINAL meaning of it, because of his public announcement. Interesting guy...

"Fact is fact" :

1. The year should be 1890, not 1894. 1894 are repeatedly used after his announcement. He has no right to change it. Why?

2. Also, the meaning of S2飛麟九轉表掌通 is listed in the paper "Siu Nin Tau Code & Lim Tau Song , the legend, the art , and history of Wing Chun Kuen" published in Wing Chun magazine by New Martial Hero(Europe). It is " Flying snake rotates the head in nine ways to represent the palm techniques." What for ?

It is totally ridiculous, and how come he changes things in his own ways and brings out to the public. Does he know SCWC more than me? hahha... Similar to that does he know ykwc more than Cho's family members. It seems only he knows everything on Wing Chun Kuen exclusively.

===========================================

1000delight1 週前

These are the 1850 and the 1894 kuit describing the "snake" part of SNT in this part 2 of sifu Sergio YouTube. S# is 1894 from the snake crane lineage document Y# is 1850 from the yik kam lineage document S# and Y# are label and number so that in the future one can identify which kuit by number even though English translation might varies. S2飛麟九轉表掌通 The spine of the Flying snake turn nine ways to represent the through of the force flow handling Y6手臂鞭出橫力勁 The hand and arm whip out the horizontal Jin ( force flow) Y7神寄指爪䄂底旁。 Pay attention to handling of the finger, craw , and the side under the sleeve . Y8旋迥自然順脈氣 Spiral twisting (turning ) naturally , follow the breathing and the direction of the Qi flow in the medirians. Note: Y7 and Y8 of the pre 1850 writing above are from the Emei 12 zhuang ancient document by evidence. And due to we can track to the Emei 12 zhuang or the mother art writing exactly , that give us a clear details on the contents and handling and relationship of SNT to its mother art.

S2飛麟九轉表掌通

People make up all kinds of sh!t, apparently. There's no mention of a head or a spine in this. There's no mention of a specific body part turning at all, and the animal mentioned is a Chinese unicorn. How did that turn into snake? I hate it when people add a bunch of bullsh!t into their "translations". Just say exactly what it says.