Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest WCI and WCK history

Daniel, they look the same. Nothing new at all, it's impossible to be "identical" but it is the exact same motions trained in the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Fong View Post
    If I may suggest. From the statement in the comment, what it's means isn't the completion of SNT "form" itself. Of course, you must have the right understanding and intention to develop the movement that proves whether there's internal inside. What you show, is only picture. Can you show us the form that you do in the past and the recent SNT video that you made so that we can compare whether is it identical?

Daniel, if you look around on the net, Hendrik has been saying the same thing for over 10 years, that the wck mother arts are white crane and emei snake. the internal stuff is based on the emei, no need to look elsewhere. The letter from his Sifu mentions internal concepts if you read closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Fong View Post
    It also seems that you also have to learn Emei stuff to enhance your understanding in internal....
    Your late Sifu Cho Hung Choi didn't cover the internal syllabus?
    Is 平甩功 from Emei 12 post? Did you ever learning any stuff that is internal from Sifu Wayne?
    Surely there must be something from him isn't it?

It seems to me that the bottom line here is this....did Sergio say ANYTHING that wasn't in that publically released eBook?

If not, and Sergio formed the false impression that what was in the eBook is ALL there is from the SCWC, maybe that is his own fault and not Hendrik's. And SCWC shouldn't complain if Sergio falsely said that this was ALL there is from the SCWC, because then other people won't come to them looking for more and they can continue to keep their secrets! But it seems rather strange that a lineage that wants to remain so secretive is announcing to the whole world that they have much more than what Sergio has said, and that they have been misrepresented by Hendrik and Robert Chu, and are making such a big deal out of it all.

If Hendrik has deepened and expanded his understanding of what his Sifu taught him by exploring White Crane and Emei, then good for him! Why should this be such a problem or controversy? The WCK purists (I'm not necessarily one of them, I'm just playing the devil's advocate) could say that the Cho family "tainted" or "diluted" Yik Kam's WCK by adding in all that other Southern fist method, and that Hendrik is taking it back to its "roots" and recovering some of what was diluted out by deepening the internal aspects with concepts from Emei. These same WCK purists could go to SCWC's facebook page, look at their collection of videos and right away spot the fact that they are showing Yip Man's Wooden dummy form without giving any obvious credit. That might make said WCK purist just wonder how "true" SCWC has remained through the generations as well.

Who cares if Hendrik has made a few minor changes or adjustments to his SLT long form between the 1980's and now? Haven't we all made some adjustments to what we do over time as we learn more and adapt things to our own biomechanics a bit? It seems obvious that Sifu Yung was mistaken when he went on the record accusing Hendrik of never finishing his SLT form from his Sifu. And what he posted here didn't sound like much of an apology to me!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Who cares if Hendrik has made a few minor changes or adjustments to his SLT long form between the 1980's and now? Haven't we all made some adjustments to what we do over time as we learn more and adapt things to our own biomechanics a bit?
    "Purists" are typically cultists mindlessly following the whims of their GM (Greedy Master). I know because I was one of them for a while. And there have been more than a few of this type on this forum. It's a useless waste of time to argue with them, regardless of the merits of your position.

As much as I get bored with Hendrik's lectures (I mean, MY GOD! couldn't he just demonstrate this stuff?) at least he's a thinking individual trying to make a contribution. Unlike some...
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

Robert chu official clarification on Hendriks YKSLT

Robert asked me to post for him here since he doesn't have accessed currently.

I don't see how WY can misunderstand me. I learned HS' Yik Kam SLT set in 1998, and filmed his set. It has 4 sections. There is no need for HS make up anything, or try to cause problems in the Cho family. You can quote me on this. - Robert Chu

KPM and wcners who is interested on the Wck evolution

So, there are two type of SNT kuit exist in the cho family. We must thanks the Cho family for the well protection of the kuit for generations so that we can see it today.

One type
    is I named it as Mix kuit. Where the content is partial from the YKSLT kuit mixing with other martial art . As shown in the attached photo.

Another type is the YKSLT kuit comes with the set based on the emei and fujian white crane mother arts where the six core elements are all present. Such as the following .

As you can see the famous Wck fist issue from heart is belong to

Y Pre 3 手從心發。
    Hand Issue from Heart .

And one can see the full picture around this kuit.

Translation Ver 1.1. Note translation is expect to improve or having multiple version as in any Chinese to English text. Thus the label such as Y# were present to identify the line and make free for different translation

易金詠春:小練頭歌訣
    Yik Kam Wing Chun , Siu Lin Tau song kuit

斯是上乘法。通關開竅有奇功
    This is an advance method . Its wonderful result is penetrate through the gates and attain realization.

若不明攻守之道、皆失過徧,弊耳。
    If you are not clear with the concept of attack and defense ( center line) , you will be biased. That is a mistake .

Ypre: ( instruction prio to the details of the set)

Y Pre 1 眼要對手。
    Eyes Must Track Hands.

Y Pre 2 手要對心。
    Hands Must Track Heart.

Y Pre 3 手從心發。
    Hand Issue from Heart .

Y Pre 4 一絲不苟。
    One Thread must not off.

Y Pre 5 一伸一縮。
    Every Stretch, Every Contract.

Y Pre 6 柔中帶剛。
    Within the soft there is hardness.

Y Pre 7 剛中而柔。
    Within Hardness is Softness.

Note : the above expresses, for example, when the arm is fully extended and expand, it is refer as hard; and while the arm is contracting loosely, it is refer as soft.

Y Pre 8 則是靜如平波, 動如翻江。
    while the movement is slow it is analogous to a calm smooth wave
    While the movement is large and fast, it is analogous to a huge violent wave i.e. a Tsunami

Part 1

Y1聚意會神平肩檔。
    Focus the intention, union with the awareness ,while standing the equal shoulder stance
    Y2兩手前起分陰陽
    Two Hands Front Raise Divide into Yin and Yang.
    Y3左腿跘出有善惡。
    The trip out of Left leg has positive and negative effects.
    Y4右跟屈勁緊反藏
    The bending power of the right heel tightly store in the reverse direction.
    Y5會合丹田督脈降。
    Union in the Dan tian , Du medirian sink.

Y6手臂鞭出橫力勁
    The arm whip out the horizontal power
    Y7神寄指爪䄂底旁。
    Pay attention to the finger, craw , and the side under the sleeve .
    Y8旋迥自然順脈氣
    Spiral twisting naturally , follow the breathing and the direction of the qi.

Y9掌背向外神意足。
    Back of Palm Faces Outward , Intention is Full.
    Y10翻掌抽纏對心防
    Rotating palm reeling guarding the heart.

Y11單橫相撐合氣運。
    Single horizontal and double press handling accord to breathing.
    Y12相抱沉身力橫分
    Embracing and sinking, splits the force horizontally.
    Y13前虛急用擒伏法。
    Forward Empty Urgently Use Seize Subdue methods.
    Y14下叉飛雙插翼忙
    Lower intersection, flying double , Hurry piercing wings
    Y15合實雙掌穿心貫。
    Joining the two palms drive through the heart
    Y16下沉關元背攻上
    Sinking down to Guan Yuan area Back of the palm Attacks Upwards.
    Y17一任自然脈安祥。
    Following natural spontaneously the qi will flow in a peaceful and balance way.

Y18企掌屈肘單昭陽
    Erect palm bent elbow single zhao yang
    Y19上下飛花勁脈暢。
    Upper and Lower Flying Flower Power Channels Smooth.
    Y20呑吐如虹發力罡
    Swallowing and spitting are like a smooth rainbow issuing force .
    Y21下結關元參佛手。
    Lower knot at guan yuan area (then turn into ) searching Buddha hands.
    Y22一任自然氣脈長
    Following natural spontaneously the breathing, zhen qi and it flow will grow (strong
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The mix kuit above is called mix because,

Ie.

1. The yellow with red mark kuit in the above mix kuit photo
    is actually a CLF related or a later evolution based on CLF. The proof is in this attach photo of Gm Wong CLF book on the same term.

2. The blue mark #1#2 are actually the Y7 and Y8 of the full YKSLT kuit above with distortion.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-08-2014 at 11:28 AM.

And

For example

the Y7 Y8 .. Y22 is related to the following emei 12 zhuang kuit in the attach photo.

Thus, after the finding of the emei 12 zhuang kuit, or the mother art kuit.
    With the definition of emei 12 zhuang we gain many level deeper insight to the YKSLT kuit.
    We confirm the internal content of red boat wing chun we know what is possible

Thus, as from the above full YKSLT kuit which comes with the YKSLT set,
    We know, even by today's advance internal art standard, Wck passed it with flying color.

So,
    why do we wcners want to settle for less?
    Why is it is a sin I tell this to the wcners based on my inheritance and research ?
    Why is wcners not allow to know what our for father or ancestors have?

I expect more wcners investigate into the ancient Wck. I don't know it all .
    I have never said I am the one grandmaster or inheritor. I am just a wcner saying if we go far enough we are one Wck family and look this is what our ancestors have. It is your too. Definitely I don't own it. Definitely I don't promote my lineage as the best or top or most authentic. Never I have done that. Also, as I keep mention I am not perfect and have big room to improve.

Can I be wrong? Sure! That is the reason I share what I know and expect future generation to get it right if I am wrong.

Finally, the YKSLT kuit above can be applied to WCK SNT set. So, everyone SNT can use this software or kuit.

Made all wcners proud to be a wcners disregard which lineages. We know our past, we will evolve to even stronger in the future.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-08-2014 at 11:58 AM.

The following is the fujian white crane single zhao yang which is mentioned in Y18 YKSLT kuit.

Today, we commonly called this hand High Tan Sao.

Notice center line also mention in this fujian white crane photo

Thus, from these above, by evidence and details we do know what is very likely in the creation if SNT.
    We do have technology which make possible to reconstruct what is there.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-08-2014 at 12:20 PM.

KPM and wcners,

Speaking of minor change things around or evolution . The following is a good example.

So some one asked me what do I mean about using the same cheography, same kuit, different engine?

The following is what happen.

A,

In 1978, I have asked my sifu Cho Hung Choy, how come
    Different Cho family decendents practice SLT in a different way even with the same set.

His reply is

" that is directly related to the Body Kung of the person, it will shows different signature if their body Kung is Hung gar , CLF, or karate. And it is up to the individual to decide their practice"

Thus, what I practice is based on my understanding of kuit.

Never I say I am the truth. Everyone is free to practice their way.

B,

Let's use Gm Cheung SLT video. Gm Cheung of Penang Malaysia is the most senior elderly in the family tree of Cho family alive today.

if you look at the cheography of Gm Cheong footage on the beginning section of SLT , as in the following YouTube, and compare with the same section in my SLT footage.

Gm Cheong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ46...=youtube_gdata

Hendrik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...er&app=desktop

You will see similarity in cheography but perform in a different way of body and power generation handling or different engine.

My engine is just the emei and white crane fusion, six core elements and seven bows based on my understanding.

C.

the kuit for the sections of Gm Cheong footage is as the following .

Y1聚意會神平肩檔。
    Focus the intention, union with the awareness ,while standing the equal shoulder stance
    Y2兩手前起分陰陽
    Two Hands Front Raise Divide into Yin and Yang.
    Y3左腿跘出有善惡。
    The trip out of Left leg has positive and negative effects.
    Y4右跟屈勁緊反藏
    The bending power of the right heel tightly store in the reverse direction.
    Y5會合丹田督脈降。
    Union in the Dan tian , Du medirian sink.

Y6手臂鞭出橫力勁
    The arm whip out the horizontal power
    Y7神寄指爪䄂底旁。
    Pay attention to the finger, craw , and the side under the sleeve .
    Y8旋迥自然順脈氣
    Spiral twisting naturally , follow the breathing and the direction of the qi.

Y9掌背向外神意足。
    Back of Palm Faces Outward , Intention is Full.
    Y10翻掌抽纏對心防
    Rotating palm reeling guarding the heart.

D,
    Here is
    as an example of evolution , from my siheng Wong kuit kit.

The same sections cheography as what were practice by Gm Cheung and myself has been evolved away. Even though one can see some partial similarity. Also, the power generation is hung gar type.

This will not accord to the kuen kuit and cheography anymore.

So, by facts, it is not Yik kam Choe family art of ancient ,
    but Wong personal creation or a distance evolution of Cho family.

Wong kui kit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26CF...=youtube_gdata

E.

Thus, we do have the YKSLT set cheography and kuen kuit as reference to track from different sources on how close or far on evolution.

And my art is not exclusive but all the old timers have very similar information .
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-08-2014 at 01:47 PM.

Hey Hendrik!

Thanks for all the info on the Kuen Kuit! As far as the video clips, I can see that what Wong Kui Kit is doing is very different because he has abandoned the YGKYM and is doing a square horse stance. This changes the biomechanics significantly. But comparing your clip with GM Cheong it just appears that you are doing it soft and slow and rather "Tai Chi-like" while he is doing the same thing with more speed and snap. I've always practiced my Ip Man forms BOTH ways. I've seen the KLPSWCK San Sik done both ways as well and practice them that way. You can find youtube footage of Fung Keung doing his San Sik in a way that looks just like your video. To me both ways of practicing are important and train different aspects. One doesn't exclude the other. Of course, I realize you may be doing things in the clip that aren't apparent to the viewer. But even if that is true, shouldn't you also do those "internal" things at full speed as well?

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Hey Hendrik!

Thanks for all the info on the Kuen Kuit! As far as the video clips, I can see that what Wong Kui Kit is doing is very different because he has abandoned the YGKYM and is doing a square horse stance. This changes the biomechanics significantly. But comparing your clip with GM Cheong it just appears that you are doing it soft and slow and rather "Tai Chi-like" while he is doing the same thing with more speed and snap. I've always practiced my Ip Man forms BOTH ways. I've seen the KLPSWCK San Sik done both ways as well and practice them that way. You can find youtube footage of Fung Keung doing his San Sik in a way that looks just like your video. To me both ways of practicing are important and train different aspects. One doesn't exclude the other. Of course, I realize you may be doing things in the clip that aren't apparent to the viewer. But even if that is true, shouldn't you also do those "internal" things at full speed as well?

The following utube will give you a view on the process of development using the snt to develop Kung. These are the very basic. Speed is depend on the goal of development .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt9g...=youtube_gdata

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2jN...=youtube_gdata -

In my clip, I don't snap because I am transporting force flow. Analogy to clear up the high way.To develop smooth force flow path.
    In real application Ofcorse it will be fast, but that is general woodern dummy set practice.

Btw. Wck don't use taiji stuffs what I did is playing with the seven bows. It might look like taiji stuffs , but if one do a force flow trajectory in my body. It is a different type of trajectory because Wck is a center line inner door art , thus the handling of force flow is different compare with taiji.

As for why is slt is not San sik link together? Because the following is embedded in the slt. One can't replace these with just motion. The biomechanics conditioning will be different and result is different.

Formulae 2014

Step:
    1. Collect the intention union with awareness on equal shoulder stance. (Loose expand )
    2. Meeting in lower abdomen breathing is smooth ( deep breathing)
    3. Snake slide worm move joins progressively link ( joins handling)
    4. Couple with ground needs the feet bow ( ground coupling)
    5. Seven bows align into a path way for Jin or force flow ( Force flow path construction )
    6. Action and reaction force handling develop Jin or force flow ( force flow handling)

Formulae 2014 embedded within SNT

section 1, yjkym section implement step 1 and 2.
    Develop loose expand , deep breathing, and grow Qi

Section 2, snake reel section implement step 3.
    Develop joins handling and adaptive

Section 3, Sam pai fut section imolement step 4, 5, 6
    Develop ground coupling, force flow path, and force flow handling.

Five parts YouTube

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-3E_T4Z...e_gdata_player

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yPpXpIO...e_gdata_player

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=y...e_gdata_player

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WTHw2Jq...e_gdata_player

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=y...e_gdata_player

Snt is very compact and develop inch power with embedded process which is the Kung fatt. Without knowing the kung fatt will just pratice the set but never be able to handle lots of things. Now we do have scientific systematic process steps or Kung fatt. Formulae 2014 is my attemp of bring the ancient high tech to today world.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-08-2014 at 04:09 PM.

Since I have come this far, might as well give you guy these seven bows handling technology . The details of each bows function and handling

More on bows

The seven bows of snt