Quote Originally Posted by chris bougeard View Post
If you sparred with any degree of pressure you wouldn't continue to ask stupid questions about hand positions...
It's because I spar that I am asking these questions

Quote Originally Posted by chris bougeard View Post
...did you read my explanation of hand positioning?
I did, but you didn't address what I was talking about - as far as I could tell. In a nutshell, what is your system's logic behind assuming a covering position before receiving punches, as opposed to having a guard that, from a starting point, offers you the chance to monitor the gates and ranges, plus puts your weapons closer to the target?

I'm trying to understand how this idea fits into your CSL system. JPinAZ asked essentially the same question. You haven't replied since then, so I don't see where you answered. If you don't want to answer, just say so.

I agreed with you that during a barrage of attacks this covering can and will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
And against other than just likeminded individuals, like Alan and Sean are doing with their students.
Again, I'm not sure what you mean. I only spar regularly with a few WT guys (due to how and where I train these days), but I also train with people from other arts (some with a MT background, some a Karate background and boxing background). I admit that none of these people are professional fighters. Is that what you mean when you say 'likeminded individuals'.

If yes, then okay... I admit that I am not sparring with pro fighters who make a living from getting in the ring. But I am training with people who are looking to punch and kick me hard. Not sure how that invalidates my opinion, or makes my experience not worth considering.

If you're critiquing the fact that my sparring is stand up only, then guilty as charged - I don't train any ground fighting system.