Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun & Emei Mini Report '2014'

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    The following is post in this forum by a wcners I have not meet but testing the Emei 12 zhuang Technology I have shared.

Just to pass a general note on the standing practice (as you have shown me Hendrik) and how it has impacted my wing chun; mainly fluidity and an ability to really ground myself. People I have chi saued with have particularly noted the change in my grounding to the extent that I got a phone call from one of them that weighs 96kg, asking me why he couldn't move me when I weighed just 64 KG (at the time) when we rolled quite vigorously.
    Same thing you can achieve with tai chi , ba gua, hsing i , feeding crane ...ect. That emei stuff is just borrowed material from real internal kung fu styles , older ones . There isn't any emei technology , actually , there is today , but there wasn't any in 19th Century

Quote Originally Posted by zuti car View Post
    Same thing you can achieve with tai chi , ba gua, hsing i , feeding crane ...ect. That emei stuff is just borrowed material from real internal kung fu styles , older ones . There isn't any emei technology , actually , there is today , but there wasn't any in 19th Century
    Sorry,

The gate keeper of Emei 12 zhuang , verify and signed his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    "the 1848 version of SLT"

Actually to me it's the THE that kind of overreaches there.

You certainly are free to have you view.

1848 version SLT ---- is back up by traceable multiple sources.
    Yik kam's existing,
    Ancient Chinese martial art DNA,
    Chinese opera signature ,
    Anti Qing signature ,
    CLF signature ....etc
    of that era.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-13-2014 at 10:03 AM.

Sorry,

The gate keeper of Emei 12 zhuang , verify and signed his name.
    Sorry , not even one single evidence

i think on one hand, you've got the people making up theories and speculating while on the other, there are actual documents and multiple sources including the Emei lineage holder himself confirming the connection.

The 1848 writing of SLT kuit has been verified by the Emei GM to have Emei, almost word for word in several of the kuits. He sees Emei signatures in that version of the SLT as well.

Are people saying here that they know what is and isn't Emei and the Emei lineage holder doesn't know what he's talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    "the 1848 version of SLT"

Actually to me it's the THE that kind of overreaches there.

You certainly are free to have you view.

1848 version SLT ---- is back up by traceable multiple sources.
    Yik kam's existing,
    Ancient Chinese martial art DNA,
    Chinese opera signature ,
    Anti Qing signature ,
    CLF signature ....etc
    of that era.
    My view is that your family's YKS lineage and facts or evidence regarding it cannot be extended to represent ALL of the WCK present in that time period. But I have no issues with you tracing the history of your own family WCK back through your ancestry.

Quote Originally Posted by theo View Post
    GM Fu here is referring to the similarities between the 1848 version of SLT, and not the general SNT that is more common today.

Things have changed since then obviously as evolution occurred. What this proves is that at the time of 1848 Red Boats, the practice of SLT was done with the Emei technology

My reading of this is:

1. The SLT kuit is preserved from the Red Boat era. The kuit describes SLT content and practice at that time.
    2. GM Fu has gone through it line by line and found to a large degree it matches almost word for word the same as his own writing.
    3. As a result, SLT practice at the time of 1848 on the Red Boats contains Emei technology
    A,
    With Gm Fu find a big part of the 1848 Yik Kam SLT part 1 kuit can be tracked to emei 12 zhuang , and the set indeed has many of the Emei 12 zhuang unique signatures.

We do know now , a big part of this 1848 red boat Wck data point from Yik kam SLT and its Kuit is indeed Emei 12 zhuang based. The gate keeper of Emei 12 zhuang willing to sign his name on it.
    Ok, so now it's perfectly clear, and what Wayfaring is saying is correct. What the above says about what might have been 'proven' is that sometime in the past Emei and YIK KAM's personal wing chun may have crossed paths and some stuff may have been mixed/shared one way or the other (or both). Nothing more than that and only to do with Yik Kam's wing chun.
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 05-13-2014 at 03:25 PM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Just to pass a general note on the standing practice (as you have shown me Hendrik) and how it has impacted my wing chun; mainly fluidity and an ability to really ground myself. People I have chi saued with have particularly noted the change in my grounding to the extent that I got a phone call from one of them that weighs 96kg, asking me why he couldn't move me when I weighed just 64 KG (at the time) when we rolled quite vigorously.
    [/QUOTE]

PLENTY of WC people can do that, your old favourite TST is brilliant at it it yet you say he "is doing it wrong"

Please explain numbnuts?

Pak Mei Kung Fu is supossed to have Emei in it does Pak Me Kung Fu Have the Emei 12 Zhuang in It ?

Hendrik wrote:

I just share
    Hendrik, That's great to hear!!!

Can you please "share" regarding the following:

1/. Did Robert approve your post quoting Lee Kong?

2/. Did Lee Kong approve your post quoting him?

Remember, Lee Kong said:

"Lee Kong said you are a mouse, who likes to take things from others and that you should be ignored completely"

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    Ok, so now it's perfectly clear, and what Wayfaring is saying is correct. What the above says about what might have been 'proven' is that sometime in the past Emei and YIK KAM's personal wing chun may have crossed paths and some stuff may have been mixed/shared one way or the other (or both). Nothing more than that and only to do with Yik Kam's wing chun.
    Now this is the most common sense statement that has been made so far!

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    That happened only in Hendrik's head , true lineage holders know nothing about mixing with emei styles

Could you please share what is THE IDEA of --
    The training stance and shapes aren't used in fighting application. --- As you have present?

For me, I rather go study western boxing or kyokushin instead of training stance or shapes aren't use in fighting application. Because i have limited time and energy.
    Seriously? This is day 1 knowledge for any Wing Chun practitioner.

The skills developed by the training stance and actions are directly applicable. The stance itself and the shapes are not meant to be applied literally.

The fact that you're not doing Western Boxing or Kyokushin now tell me you must think you can fight standing in a SNT pose? I would love to have seen Hoffmann drop you on your ass.

the Emei lineage holder doesn't know what he's talking about?
    The probability of that is not zero, especially if you look at the new company he's elected to keep.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by zuti car View Post
    How old is Emei zuti car? Do you know? I don't.

Those who have spent time with members of VTAA, including WSL, should know that qigong has been practiced as a part of wing chun for a very long time within that association. Nearly all of the sifus and masters during the VTAA early period have mentioned and shown qigong practices to train and use alongside their wing chun. Likewise it is a similar situation with respects to the idea of the bows where the only difference I can spot with respects to what Hendrik has said, is the highlighting of the 7th (or first depending where you start your count) bow, namely the foot's connection with the ground.