Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
...the 7 bows thing is not really that high level or difficult. It's really just simple WC mechanics with a bunch of new fancy terms and a shiny new his-story to go with it. If connecting the joints (ankle/knee/hip, wrist/elbow/shoulder) aren't already in someone's WC after the first year, then something is seriously missing from their WC.
IMO, Henrik's newly added 7th bow is flat out wrong anyway - he's talking about feet and missing the much bigger part of connecting the 6 joints, which is the spine. Also funny, he used to only talk about 6 bows for the longest time, until he started reading more books from other arts and decided to throw feet into the mix...
JP, I'm glad you pointed this out. I confess that I often tend to space out a bit when I try to read Hedrick's stuff, so I just kinda assumed that his seven bows were the ankles, knees, hip, spine, shoulder, elbow, and wrist -- since this is what I get when I count up from the foot to the fist. Of course my body might be different than Hendrick's. :P