Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is This Disrespect Or Am I Buggin

gda-

sounds like you are involved with a "gang" instead of a kung fu school.

peace
    Kung Fu is good for you.

in my school, if you are late more than 3 times...we castrate you. Usually stops the tardiness.
    Ibay.......GO!!

that usually stops a whole lot of things.

kung lek i think you are right. i think i'll talk to the person who does it after class, aside from everyone else. thanks.
    only gin and tang guzzle out a rusty tin can, me and this mic is like yin and yang

justa man,

sorry. i've been out of the office all weekend. (well, i'm not sorry for that, but you know what i'm saying.)

yes, i do teach. but only one night a week. at a local gym. before i moved to this area, i taught two nights a week at a friend's taekwondo dojang near baltimore.

for whatever it's worth, i think you have a good handle on this situation.

stuart b.

gunneddown,
    sounds like you are involved in one of those freaky cults!
    this is the type of wierdness that makes kung fuey freaks
    look even freakier!!

and that's the type of inane comment that gives non-kung fu types a bad name on this board.

now, why oh why didn't i listen when people said you were a troll?

stuart b.

Not that it matters

But I think that the attention you give the detractor should fit the amount of attention they are taking from the class. If someone did that in front of me I would get in their way and indicate to them that they need to go around the back.

So the idea is if they got in your way, get in their way. If they make noise, verbally reprimand them. I do however think that physically assaulting students is never the way to go, unless you want to go to jail.

Ultimately it's up to the school how to handle this. Rules should be written and available to everyone. If parents and schools don't care to hold people to a standard that is not my problem. Students at the wushuguan are expected to behave and train seriously and that is my problem.

I am not yet an instructor, but I train and observe class with that in mind and hope that it will stand me in good stead when I do get the opportunity.
    "I believe that, in a stupid society, intelligence is useless." - Shen Congwen (My Education)

It all depends..

.. on how formal or informal your classes are to start with.

If your school is into the whole group warm up, instructor at the front type thing, then obviously it is disruptive for the person to do what he did. A quiet word after, or even during, would be all that was necessary to sort things out.

As for pressups for late arrival, why should I be punished for arriving late? I am paying for tuition, am I not? The only person who has missed out would be myself, as I would still have to pay for my lesson, yet would have missed some of it.

If I wanted to pay to be punished, I'm sure there are certain types who might accommodate me..

As I said, some schools are a lot more informal. Mine is run in a similar way to many in Hong Kong, where informality is common. When you have students who travel for over 2 hours for a lesson, obviously some leeway is called for.

I dont think this is any sort of indication of the decline of civilisation, just a different outlook on learning MA.
    Your lineage may vary.