I would love to visit an Aboriginal Culture Center. Keep in mind that I dabbled in playing digeridoo for a spell, so I was fascinated by Aboriginal Culture and researched into it back then. At the same time, I am a Shaolin disciple, and as a Zennist, I love to see the spread of dharma too.

Meanwhile:
Cr Amanda Findley wants Shaolin development curbs affirmed
By ADAM WRIGHT
Feb. 18, 2015, 1:54 p.m.

Former mayor Greg Watson and representative of the Shaolin Foundation Patrick Pang. Cr Watson joined Team Gash councillors in voting down a motion to affirm development restrictions on the temple site.

SHOALHAVEN councillor and Greens candidate for South Coast Amanda Findley slammed the majority of councillors over their vote against a Shaolin Temple motion on Tuesday.

Cr Andrew Guile tabled a notice of motion: “That Shoalhaven City Council supports the determination of the independent Planning Assessment Commission determination that removed from the Shaolin Temple master plan approval for a housing subdivision and golf course development.”

The motion was defeated.

Cr Findley, who voted in favour of the motion, said under normal circumstances she would be 100 per cent supportive of council making all decisions in respect to development in Shoalhaven.

However she said she was concerned that most councillors voted down this motion.

“Those people concerned with the downstream value of Currambene Creek and Jervis Bay welcomed the [PAC] decision and believe that it is the best outcome that we could possibly hope for under the circumstances,” Cr Findley said.

“Team Gash councillors Wells, Robertson, Kearney and Gash openly declared that they thought the decision was wrong, with other team members following suit via the vote.

“I believe that many Shoalhaven residents would be dismayed by this development-at-any-cost mentality.

“The creation of a new village at Comberton Grange under the guise of a temple development will put further financial demands on council in the future with infrastructure and services,” she said.
See your ad here

Cr Findley said recommendations to council required it to not build any more new towns or villages, but consolidate existing development through higher density.

“The Shaolin housing development is a complete contradiction to that position.

“In some instances like this Shoalhaven residents have been better served by the PAC than the elected council,” she said.

Shoalhaven Mayor Joanna Gash stuck to her position on the issue. She considered the PAC decision something that should not be raised at council because she said there was no need.

“This is not for us to decide, it’s a red herring to tie us into a position that we have no right to be in,” Cr Gash said.

“This issue has not even come before council. It’s an issue that if it does come before council we will decide then.

“It is a hypothetical and I don’t believe we should be spending the time voting on hypotheticals.

“It was a motion that should never have been put forward,” she said.

South Coast MP Shelley Han**** said she was disappointed personality politics had resulted in councillors turning their backs on a good motion.

"It's obvious they voted against the motion because it was tabled by Andrew Guile, who is not in their camp," Mrs Han**** said.

By voting against the motion council was sending a clear message it was against the decision made in the interests of the community by the Planning Assessment Commission, she said.

"It was good decision, a fair decision and a good compromise.

"It hasn't changed my resolve to oppose housing development on the Shaolin site," she said.