I do it initially in a stationary mabu akin to the way I was taught by Shi Decheng (see The Eight Section Brocade: Qigong From Shaolin Temple By Gene Ching (May June 2001). The second time, I do it shifting through reverse gongbu with each repetition. This follows the way three different teachers taught it to me, Grandmaster Tu Jin-Sheng (see Eight Pieces of Brocade, Master Tony Chen and my previous Shaolin Master, Shi Yantuo.

If I'm feeling particularly martial, I'll draw the bow with Hung Gar-like Kiu Sau isometric tension because I like how that alleviates RSI issue (being a writer, I'm on a keyboard constantly, so this is a huge personal issue). I'll also do it in deeper stances when in that mood. If not, I draw it in a more conventional 'soft' qigong manner in higher stances and focus on the flow. Now that I've crossed the half-century mark, I find staring at the fingertip as the bow is drawn to be very important - it really helps with my declining vision (again, given my job, I have to read a lot, and it's blurring my eyes more and more). Every day is different, so every practice is different. That's what it means to stay in the moment.