Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
Bridge of nose is fine.

Mantis typically use the other hand to control while doing that attack.

The controlling hand can be from the previous punch which turns into a cross grab.

Alternatively, use same side hand control against a punch and counter with your high downward attack.
Definitely nose is a good target, I will often strike forwards like a standard punch but using a hammer trajectory which can be good for the nose too. But if you had to hit the top of the head...

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
I would rarely strike the top of the head. The cranium is a hellaciously hard jigsaw puzzle of bones. However, if I were to strike to the top of the skull, I would use a hook hand grab to the back of the enemy's neck, pull him forward and strike the xinhui point, along with a combination of other strikes or a throw.
Yeah, I guess the point is that the top of the head target has to be presented to you for you to use this strike. I mean, its not a standard attack, its when you manipulate them into a position to hit this point or they manipulate themselves into that position, i.e not when they're standing upright. But I think it is a very tempting target when it is presented, you feel really bad immediately after being hit here, it has a lot of stopping power.