[QUOTE=Kellen Bassette;1289379]It was strange seeing the fake snap to the round kick, a couple times I believe, but I'm always happy to see people trying new things...[quote]

The front snap is the set up. If it lands great. But its mainly to draw down the hand to check it and quickly rotate over to the head kick. Obviously, this takes some measure of hip flexibility to pull off at fight speed that most people don't really have.

[quote]I felt Weidman was losing the whole time, before that terrible, sloppy wheel kick. But the fight should have been stopped in the third, Herb Dean let that ground and pound go on way too long. I get it's Weidman, championship fight and close to the bell, but he took an unnecessary amount of damage.

I wouldn't say the whole time. He opened strong. He needed to keep the fight on the cage. Once he started fighting flat footed it started to go downhill. I don't mind Dean letting them fight. It was close to the end of the round and while he was taking shots, he was actively trying to defend and regain control of Rockhold's posture.

I disagree on McGregor/Aldo being a fluke though, unless your just meaning how fast he ended the fight. Aldo is an amazing fighter, but so is McGregor, wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he wins a rematch.
Not how fast. How efficiently. KO'ing Aldo on first successful blow is in the realm of being struck twice by lightning improbability.